Alienware M18x-R1 3DMark 11 World Record (Single GPU)

Brian

• Founder

Well we've done it, the M18x-R1 just crossed the 9k GPU barrier with a SINGLE video card! Major props to @svl7 for his vbios, to nVidia for building Kepler (what an amazing GPU) and to Alienware for designing some awesome cooling, without any of the aforementioned this wouldn't be possible.

post-5-14494993477333_thumb.jpg

• Thumbs Up 9

• Founder
wow, really. only 3 post in what like two years. lol. guess i was just reading allot then. lol

so is that your record or jokers?

One in the same bro. Yeah guess you were lurking, you need to toss some benchmarks here too.

ok, it all makes sense now.

yeah i had talked to marc about that long ago...i think i quit doing that after the killerinstinct notebook thread nonsesne. where benching turned hostile. :D

• Founder

Which KI notebook thread? Was it here or NBR? I noticed a few of yours in the GPU benchmarking section (where you upload your SS). Anyway, grab some dell 680m's and give svl7 some feedback, the other guys aren't doing the job.

back when killerinstinct notebooks had it's own forums. nothing here or on nbr....

that's right, i did start, but it seemed like there was no real benching interest so i think that's why i stopped.... but on a side note. way to put the smack down for alienware. :D (had to throw that in even though it's a clevo card)

as for the other guys...not really sure why the no good feed back...this should be the soul mission...cracking the the limits of the card.....

• Founder

Thanks, I wanted to see AW back on top ;) Hopefully @svl7 can sort out the Dell cards so those start performing like this Clevo one. I'll probably sell this and grab a Dell one once he's able to do it.

• Founder
Is that Oced stable for gaming?

It's not recommended for gaming because it would wear down the card pretty fast, puts too much pressure on the voltage circuitry. I use 902/1100 daily.

Sent from my GT-N7000

• Founder
Thanks and triple pipe CPU sink coming:

Quantity Item Number Description
1 0MXJ5 Assembly,Heatsink,Central Processor Unit,QC XE,M18XR2

Should help those high CPU temps I get at 4 GHz.
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Founder
holycow , is what im seeing is true ?

9k with a mobile gpu , unbelievable .

+1 rep for SVL7 and Brian for nice thread.

EDIT: your GTX 680m passed my HD 6990 in vantage .

Thanks, waiting to get SLI soon for some 18k benchmarks :)