How do I disable Optimus on my GT70?

ThomasAquinas

No clue, looks like the notebook's GPU is muxed like Clevo's; the dGPU passes through the iGPU, so you can't disable it.

I'd love to be wrong though, because I hate Enduro/Optimus.

Try NV control panel in 3D setup, make sure the Nvidia is primry graphics card.

Thanks, fatant. In NV control panel, the setting for "Windows Media Center" is "grayed out" (disabled) even after I made Nvidia is set as the default graphics card. Therefore, I can't change it. This setting is enabled for a few other applications, including "Internet Explorer", but it's disabled for "Windows Media Center".

Optimus technology is hard-wired to the Intel display. If you disable IGD in Device Manager then you will lose display since IGD is the primary display.

It sucks big time and runs into many issues with many games. I was wondering if anyone could play a game while on battery mode.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
u can tray to use nvidia inspector, this program able to change all GPU profiles. Some mounthes ago, i played in Counter Strike Source without charging and also in grid 3 and new most whanted.

I don't know if that did anything. The Intel 4000 can play CSS pretty much maxed out (just turn down AA) at 1920x1080, but I don't know about Grid.

• 2 weeks later...

You cannot change this on most notebooks. Some have the option in the Bios to use Discrete Graphics only (I.E. some Lenovo's do). Seems the MSI does not. Kinds dumb but that is what it is.

you can use the nVidia Control panel to set what application will use the nVidia card and what will use the Intel card, it seems you cannot change all programs though.

You can force the system to use the Card on Specific programs (i.e. i do for SWTOR).