FN+ F7 doesn't work

unj008

Has anyone else noticed that the Dell website doesn't show the latest OSD/Command Center updates anymore? Not only that but the versions that are posted don't reference that they are compatible with the M17xR3. When I look at Dell's site I see the following:

Alienware Command Center

Release Date: 6/17/2010

Version: A07 2.5.54.0

Alienware OSD Application

Release Date: 9/18/2009

Version: A03 2.21

Compatibility-

Systems:

Alienware Laptop M11x

Alienware Laptop M11xR2

Alienware Laptop M15x

Alienware Laptop M17x

Alienware Laptop M17xR2

Operating Systems:

Windows 7 64-bit

Windows Vista 64-bit

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late update. My school started , and i had trouble getting used to school schedule. :calm: What i meant by upgrading was I fresh installed everything into the new SSD. The OSD is installed, but it won't let me configure switchable graphics. When I right click, there isn't even an option for "configure switchable graphics." I'll include pictures for further details.

post-4812-14494993516761_thumb.png

post-4812-14494993516645_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question: In AW, does optimus change the card to the intel one automatically when not needing the horse power like when browsing etc, or only the fn+f7 and reboot will bring the intel card?

• 5 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Alienware Command Center (or Fn+F7) won't work if your Integrated Card (Intel) isn't recognized in the BIOS. Been finding references to this problem all over the web but no solutions provided anywhere. It's an issue because HDMI-out won't work anymore on AW m17xR4 if this problem pops up. For sure this is related to the introduction of UEFI/Windows 10 capable BIOSes from Dell.

Going to try flushing my CMOS settings on my A12 (stock) and/or installing windows 7 without UEFI enabled. Reflashing to an older BIOS (Eg. A5) seems to be very dangerous coming from a BIOS A8+ so that is not advised.