How to get back the Alienware software after a Windows reinstallation?

Guest Alienware-Natalia_J

Guest Alienware-Natalia_J

In this article, you will find all the info you need in order to create a My Dell Downloads account and get back all the software pre-installed on your Alienware System.

I recently had to reinstall my drivers/utilities on my M14x. You can also access the drivers by going to Dell.com and if you scroll down, you'll see "Support". Under support, there will be a link called "Drivers & Downloads". If you're using Alienware, you can probably just click Home Users as I did, and enter the Service Tag # underneath your Alienware notebook, or found behind your Alienware Desktop (I believe...). Not sure about others, but I have a tab that I can click to just view "All Files for Alienware M14x".

I downloaded the:

Application:

-OSD Application

-App_NT_AWCC_W7_X03_Setup_XTN7J_ZPE.exe

Audio:

-REALTEK_ALC665_A00_R295888.exe

Chipset:

-Management Engine Interface

-RTS5209 Card Reader

-HM67 Cougar Point chipset

Input:

-Alienware M14x Camera Firmware

-R297683.exe

-NEC USB 3.0 Driver

Network:

-WLAN 1000

-Atheros AR8151

Graphics:

-Intel HD Graphics 3000

Some will probably be different for you unless you're running an M14x R1 with an SSD. I didn't download any SATA drivers as problems have been reported with SATA III conflicts. NVIDIA Graphics Drivers can always be downloaded from NVIDIA's website as they do update drivers every few weeks.

• 1 month later...

having the Windows 8 installed on M14x: Intel F6 drivers, Intel Chipset 9.3.0.1019, ST DE351DL FreeFall Sensor R295907, Renesas USB3.0 2.1.36, Realtek R270, Synaptics Touchpad 15.2.20, nVIDIA 306.23, Alienware Command Center XTN7J and Alienware OSD R296022. perfect !