nVidia GTX 680M Performance Review

Guest Frontpage News

• 5 weeks later...
Just order my Gtx 680m for 450 USD 2Gb version. Waiting to replace GTX 560m on my MSI GT683R. Wondering how much improvement I will get??)))

Wow $450 is a really good price even used! Considering these cards brand new are usually still $600-700.. did you find it on Ebay?

• 2 weeks later...
Just order my Gtx 680m for 450 USD 2Gb version. Waiting to replace GTX 560m on my MSI GT683R. Wondering how much improvement I will get??)))

GTX680M is optimus gpu. your gt683R is not optimus compliant so when you (successfully) put the gtx680m in your nb, you will be embraced by a black screen.

@omega : I don't know if the MSI GT683R is compatible with the GTX680M, but being compliant to optimus or not isn't a problem at all. Clevo P150HM/170HM aren't optimus compliant, and the card work very well on it.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm really love this card. But allow me to ask a very noob question. Any one have any idea how much does OC lower the life of the card? The thing is I live in a country where it is hard to find a new GPU and the temp here is more like Texas' Summer. So I don't want to buy a new one every 8 months. And I have no idea what OC will do to the card.

Just read the other post. Unityole just confirm about the 780m

so.. as per wikipedia (still subject to change) specs showing 680mx becomes the next 780m. I think I just lost a load of respect for nvidia, giving us something half a year old that Apple already has their hands on while charging us premium, possibly the same TDP as well, load of bs man..

look up 680mx and 780m Comparison of Nvidia graphics processing units - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, I don't know where to ask so I thought I'd ask it here.

So, I've flashed my GTX680m with proper vbios. Everything is fine except the one thing. Clocks are jumping randomly between 771mhz to 980mhz after OC (980mhz is my target). Anyone know the cause of it?

Notebook is MSI GT60-0NE.

Best regards.

PS. sorry for my english. :)

Hello, I don't know where to ask so I thought I'd ask it here.

So, I've flashed my GTX680m with proper vbios. Everything is fine except the one thing. Clocks are jumping randomly between 771mhz to 980mhz after OC (980mhz is my target). Anyone know the cause of it?

Notebook is MSI GT60-0NE.

Best regards.

PS. sorry for my english. :)

If the GPU is under light load it will automatically clock down to save power even when plugged in. You can prevent this with nvidia inspector if you want, but I haven't noticed the clock changes causing any stuttering so I don't think this is something to worry about.

The card will slow down to 758 if it reaches 90C, but yours is dropping to 771 so it looks like it's just not being stressed.

If the GPU is under light load it will automatically clock down to save power even when plugged in. You can prevent this with nvidia inspector if you want, but I haven't noticed the clock changes causing any stuttering so I don't think this is something to worry about.

The card will slow down to 758 if it reaches 90C, but yours is dropping to 771 so it looks like it's just not being stressed.

How would this card get to 90c before crashing in games anyway? I am 1000 and I am not even breaking 75c in fur mark. I guess I need that overvolted bios.

How would this card get to 90c before crashing in games anyway? I am 1000 and I am not even breaking 75c in fur mark. I guess I need that overvolted bios.

Furmark isn't a very good test anymore due to current limiting and drivers throttling the card when simply detecting that furmark is running. I go by what my temps are with vsync off in games.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...