Help for me Hp1191nr

arvardai

Hi, I'm new to this forum, I have posted this yet a few hours ago but maybe in the wrong section, but i think this may be the right one :-)

I have a Hp envy 1191NR laptop. It is a good pc except for the fact it has really inadaguate cooling: maybe for this reason hp brought down Ati 5850m stock clock (625/1000 @1.0v) to 5830 standards (500/900 @0.9v)

I would like to help with the PLL also able to overclock the cpu

• Founder

Well what PLL chip is the system using and what's your configuration? If the system already had inadequate cooling, I wouldn't even bother trying to overclock it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well what PLL chip is the system using and what's your configuration? If the system already had inadequate cooling, I wouldn't even bother trying to overclock it.

i7 720qm

5850m

7 premium

HM55

I would like to help, the only thing I did until now was to cut the yellow wire of the cpu cooler to leave 100% could give any tips to improve the refrigerated

• Founder
i7 720qm

5850m

7 premium

HM55

I would like to help, the only thing I did until now was to cut the yellow wire of the cpu cooler to leave 100% could give any tips to improve the refrigerated

First of all, are you getting any performance problems with the system? If not, then overclocking using PLL won't get you much more performance and is not worth the trouble. Also, did you try HWiNFO32/64 before cutting the wire on your system?

where you use for cooling [email protected] (24/7)/????

Standard 2 pipe CPU cooler, Alienware systems have vastly superior cooling vs HP Envy but that's why they are also much bigger/heavier.

Yes tried anything was possible, I use a little over 10% who know to run some benchmarks, but my bios completely lock the gpu 5850 500/900 = 0.9V 5830 LOL I want to try one more cfm fan for CPU and thermal exchange folder also

Sorry for my bad english I'm from Brazil

• Founder
Yes tried anything was possible, I use a little over 10% who know to run some benchmarks, but my bios completely lock the gpu 5850 500/900 = 0.9V 5830 LOL I want to try one more cfm fan for CPU and thermal exchange folder also

Sorry for my bad english I'm from Brazil

Use Sapphire Trixx to overclock your 5850, just be careful it doesn't overheat.

• Founder

You need a vbios modification for voltage changes and a 5850M isn't really going to benefit much from additional voltage, especially in an HP.

You need a vbios modification for voltage changes and a 5850M isn't really going to benefit much from additional voltage, especially in an HP.

Yes, but it seems to me the video card soldered onto the motherboard and then it seems that the bios and the same, already asked for a bios mod in a specialized forum but so far nothing, you know of any biosmod already done, and the PLL for the CPU and you know what?

No sorry I'm not aware of any bios mods for your laptop. You can check out Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source if you haven't already, they specialize in unlocking system bios. If anyone has it, they will.

It was in this same forum I made the request, so you have news I post here, anyway thanks for now

The BIOS of your HP notebook is digitally signed, I can modify it, but it might brick your system when you flash it. Or it might not even flash. So... I'd say it's not worth the trouble.

I'm not sure whether I understand your post correctly... the vbios is part of the BIOS, if I modify it, the signature of the BIOS will be messed up and you will most likely at least semi-brick your notebook.

I would like to change the bios to be able to ovecloker the cpu and also increase the volts to the gpu it also increase your speed 5850 500/900 with 0.9

HP did downgrade 5830

hp brought down Ati 5850m stock clock (625/1000 @1.0v) to 5830 standards (500/900 @0.9v)LOL

I know what you'd like to do, but as I explained, your BIOS is digitally signed, I checked... so if I modify it the result will most likely be a semi bricked notebook. Not worth the trouble.

Anyway, PLL overclocking isn't worth the trouble. Check if SetFSB supports your PLL, if not - find the datasheet of your PLL and pin mod it by hand.

I know what you'd like to do, but as I explained, your BIOS is digitally signed, I checked... so if I modify it the result will most likely be a semi bricked notebook. Not worth the trouble.

Anyway, PLL overclocking isn't worth the trouble. Check if SetFSB supports your PLL, if not - find the datasheet of your PLL and pin mod it by hand.

Okay anyway i I thank everyone's help, I think I'll use a lot the forum because it has very good thing, thanks to all

- - - Updated - - -

I have also a Asus G51vx with 260m would have something for him?