Upgrade Wireless in R4 - Intel 2230 to Intel 6300 Non Bluetooth?

jack34

Hi guys!

The last monday arrived my replacement [R3 to R4]. The configuration of my R4 proposal included the Intel 2230 but this is not a problem.

Six months ago buy on-line (in store DELL) the Intel 6300 for my R3 and worked fine.

Yesterday update my R4 (SSD, HDD, RAM and Intel 6300) but now I have no Bluetooth. The problem is that the Intel 2230 include the BT 4.0. Well, now I have to choose Intel 6300 or 2230 + Bt; normally I do not use Bluetooth (I do not need) but I would like to have.

Any advice.

• Founder
These are the differences according to Intel:

2230 Features and Benefits
Multi stream, single band Delivers premium Wi-Fi speed (up to 300 Mbps), greater range, and more reliability.
Bluetooth* 4.0 low energy Enables dual-mode connectivity to Bluetooth-enabled devices and applications.
Energy efficient² Optimized power mode during periods of inactivity saves battery life for greater mobility and convenience.
Wi-Fi Direct* Enables Wi-Fi-enabled devices to connect directly without WLAN or hotspot access.
Intel® Smart Connect Technology³ Automatically updates important content and can identify access points while asleep for quicker Internet access on resume.
Intel® Wireless Display Enjoy all of your personal and online content on a big screen with a simple wireless connection.
Intel® My WiFi Dashboard Chat, transfer files, create a personal hotspot, and sync over Wi-Fi Direct*.

6300Features and Benefits
Multi-stream, dual-band Delivers premium Wi-Fi speed (up to 450 Mbps), greater range, and more reliability. 5 GHz boosts speeds and reduces congestion.
Energy efficient2 Optimized power mode during periods of inactivity saves battery life for greater mobility and convenience.
Wi-Fi Direct* Enables Wi-Fi-enabled devices to connect directly without WLAN or hotspot access.
Intel® Smart Connect Technology3 Automatically updates important content and can identify access points while asleep for quicker Internet access on resume.
Intel® Wireless Display4 Enjoy all of your personal and online content on a big screen with a simple wireless connection.
Intel® My WiFi Dashboard5 Chat, transfer files, create a personal hotspot, and sync over Wi-Fi Direct*.
Business-class management Supports Intel® vPro technology, Intel® Active Management Technology, and Intel® PROSet/Wireless Enterprise Software for enterprise Wi-Fi client manageability, improved security, and streamlined deployment.

Based on the above tables, the biggest difference is that the 6300 can stream at higher speeds with dual band and has Intel VPro tech. Personally I'd put the 2230 back in to have BT support and if you don't notice a connectivity difference, then sell the 6300.

• 4 weeks later...

Another option would be ordering a Dell BT375 or BT380 module for your R4. Then you can best for both worlds (Wi-Fi and Bluetooth).

PS. BT375 is Bluetooth 3.0, while BT380 is Bluetooth 4.0, the dimension of both module are identical, and share the same cable.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...
Another option would be ordering a Dell BT375 or BT380 module for your R4. Then you can best for both worlds (Wi-Fi and Bluetooth).

PS. BT375 is Bluetooth 3.0, while BT380 is Bluetooth 4.0, the dimension of both module are identical, and share the same cable.

It is a good idea