Which games do you want to see tested? Limit selection to 4 choices.
62 members have voted
Does anyone have experience with this?
Some threads I've seen have done it on a 17 inch laptop, I was wondering if it was possible on the 15 inch version as well.
What issues will I face? I read about having to have a custom BIOS and vBIOS..but also HDMI/audio issues.
I guess I should also upgrade my CPU, which runs really hot (i7 4800MQ), but not sure another Haswell chip will run any cooler.
I've used liquid metal and even that hasn't changed temperatures much, it still reaches 93C pretty easily.
I own gx740 with i5-430m, 4GB RAM, and I planned to do some upgrades.
Currently I did:
- upgrade SSD, move HDD to dvd drive space
- have some unlocked bios (but didn't found usage for it currently)
- have modified vbios but not sure if the values I've used are good
I was thinking about:
- upgrading CPU to i7-640M
- upgrading RAM (not sure which will fit)
I would like to also:
- fix broken/cracked frame around screen, but it wont be easy and cheap I guess?
- replace screen to something brighter (?) but this will probably not be worth the cost
1) What do you guys think about it? Is it even worth?
2) I've also see something like 'grain effect' moving grey stripes on same page elements (long time I remember it could be related to faulty bios/vbios)?
I'd like to know if anyone thinks its possible for an m1000m mxm card to work in a Dell Optiplex 9020 AIO. It has an mxm-a slot for an old AMD Radeon HD 8750A in it. It is rated for 45W max, while the m1000m is only 40W so I didn't see an issue with power. If I put one in that was flashed with a Dell vBios would it work? Or am I oversimplifying things?
I picked up a Dell 680m - vBIOS 80.04.5B.00.02 - I think it is a 2GB version after doing some photo comparisons online.
After doing some research I fitted it into my Clevo P150HM hoping it would work, but and I get no POST, the LCD screen is blank, the HDD light does show activity but after ~ 15 seconds or so, 3 blinking lights appear on the left (power light, caps and insert buttons?) and the computer beeps about 4 times before it completely powers off.
I'm guessing that I'm going to need to flash it to a clevo bios since the clevo bios doesn't recognise the dell vBIOS?
I am running the latest 1.01.14 bios and 1.00.13 EC firmware for my P150hm.
Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do? I thought i would at least get a POST but then struggle with the driver installation but i cant even get it to POST...