NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

Yes - the lower value is the core clock, the higher value is the memory clock. During gaming, the GPU (780M) can boost to 850MHz, and overclocking programs (Nvidia Inspector, MSI Afterburner, etc.) will add to that. So if you select +150 for the core, your final overclocked value will be 1000MHz. The same thing goes for the memory - normally it's clocked at 2500MHz (5000MHz effective), but if you add +500 using the same software, it will become 3000MHz (6000MHz final value). The same principle should apply to any other Kepler 6xxM or 7xxM series GPU that employs boost clocks.

• Thumbs Up 1

svl7, did you know why my nb when I try to play games witouth the AC in, (battery mode), works for 1 minute then shut down?, I notice that the clocks without AC are normal, in my other drivers the clocks and V downclock when I don't use energy, thanks instead! (model GT70 2OD)

Why does DOS tell me it cannot perform the NVFLASH functions? I go to list the adapters 'NVFLASH --list' or

'NVFLASH -a' and it says cannot perform this in DOS...is there a reason why? I have Windows 8. I used rufus to make my FreeDOS USB bootable drive.

Thanks!

Hi svl7, would you do a modded vBIOS for me with increased voltage for a 670MX 3GB? I asked you a page or two back, was thinking you'd maybe missed it, or just too busy. I'm thinking overvolting it from 0.925V to 0.985 or 1V. Do you think 1V runs too much of a risk? (Currently using your modified vBIOS on stock voltage)

Hi,

I'm new here and would like to get some help, I have a Dell Precision m6700, GPU k5000m. I would like to know which parameters should I use to safely overclock my notebook to play games and 3d modeling continuously?

umm....no wonder the 780m vbios voltage entry looks very different from 600m card............totally cant understand:61:

so there are new features "power", "power and temperature target", "priorize temperature" on latest nv inspector.......any post explain what they are?

Hi,

I'm new here and would like to get some help, I have a Dell Precision m6700, GPU k5000m. I would like to know which parameters should I use to safely overclock my notebook to play games and 3d modeling continuously?

As with any overclocking the best thing to do is to raise the Mhz of the core or memory, do one at a time, and then run a stress benchmark like Unigine Heaven, while monitoring the temperatures & looking out for artifacts. If you get freezes, crashes, artifacts, or temperatures too high then go back to you previous stable overclock, and maybe lower it 10-20Mhz from there. GPUz is good for temperature monitoring. I use MSI Afterburner for the overclocking.

And what would a safe temperature to work with?

Under 80degC is great, under 90degC is OK, above 90degC I wouldn't recommend. (That's just my personal opinion based on my own experience, as well as reading around the subject, but feel free to look into it yourself as well so that you can feel happier about the recommendations).

svl7 did you know why the gt70 2od versions when you play only with battery shut down in less tan 30 secs of game?, i notice that with battery always is at maximun clock and without the mod bios have less V and clocks, could be that?, if i use the Intel graphics for game in battery mode, this doesnt happend, could be?, regards!

umm....no wonder the 780m vbios voltage entry looks very different from 600m card............totally cant understand:61:

so there are new features "power", "power and temperature target", "priorize temperature" on latest nv inspector.......any post explain what they are?

Haven't seen you around in a while. :)

hello, i have a new msi GT70 with gt675mx, I can change the vbios directly? or I need to do something?

thx!

Hi, I think what you're asking is already answered in the instructions on the first page of this thread. How to use nvflash, etc. You just have to find the modded vBIOS that is compatible with your card (if there is one there).

Hi, yes, I have read the guide for flash the bios, but did not know if I should do something before doing the flash.

Just need mod bios msi gtx 675mx and flash with nvflash?ç

Regards.

No, I don't think you have to do anything in particular before flashing the vBIOS. Just make sure you've chosen a vBIOS that is compatible, otherwise it could brick your card. Following the flashing instructions signposted on Page 1 of this thread should do you fine. (Make sure your AC adapter is plugged in properly before you flash, think I read that somewhere). (And flashing a modded vBIOS can void your warranty).

• Thumbs Up 1

How I can know what the vbios compatible? I only know the brand of the laptop (msi gt70) and the model of the videocard (gtx675mx).

I think I use the MSI vbios 675mx (2GB) - 80.04.58.00.14_ 'OCedition'_rev00, but now not sure...

Regards.

How I can know what the vbios compatible? I only know the brand of the laptop (msi gt70) and the model of the videocard (gtx675mx).

I think I use the MSI vbios 675mx (2GB) - 80.04.58.00.14_ 'OCedition'_rev00, but now not sure...

Regards.

Well, that does seem like a sensible choice for you! I think that's the right one, but as always with these things, it's at your own risk & is a choice you have to make, but I do think you've chosen the right vBIOS to flash.

Thanks for the Bios for the 780m tested it with my P150SM and works awesome, can run now stock clocks stable at -50mV or at stock 1v @ 1023/3000 (didn't tested fully yet) so i can keep the temps down.

Btw if someone interested in this my 780m ASIC is 78.8% so it shouldn't be a too bad clocker.

Thanks for the Bios for the 780m tested it with my P150SM and works awesome, can run now stock clocks stable at -50mV or at stock 1v @ 1023/3000 (didn't tested fully yet) so i can keep the temps down.

Btw if someone interested in this my 780m ASIC is 78.8% so it shouldn't be a too bad clocker.

Did you use the one on the 1st page or asked svl7 to help you? Tnx

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Brian featured this topic