NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

strange thing is it doesn't crash the driver. it just wont go above 993. all benchmark tests run ok and don't crash.

does the 780m vbios overclock edition posted on page 2 work on any 780m. I have MSI GT70 dragon edition 2. Thanks.

have you tried to increase power and thermal limits ? are you using inspector or afterburner?

Hi, thanks for the suggestion. I went ahead and applied a larger voltage increase (+75mV), but GPU-z still shows 1.012v under load. I can see that the core and memory slider increases are being applied, but so far voltage seems to stay the same.

The modded bios is still great, though. I noticed that if I back down a lot on the memory (to just +100), I can get +150MHz stable on the core, which is something I couldn't do before.

Actual voltage wont start changing until you go +150 or higher. I think inspector doesn't see that 1.012 is the stock max correctly.

BeemerBoy88 - Thanks for the suggestion. I'll apply the higher +150mv and see if the voltage actually increases.

SVL7 - Thanks for suggesting EVGA PrecisionX. I'll try to use that for monitoring my GPU voltage instead of GPU-z.

I'll let everyone know the results after I get a chance to try this. I ordered my P150SM from Mythlogic, and they did a good job of applying the IC Diamond paste. Even with a fairly susbstantial +135MHz / +500MHz overclock, the GPU usually stays at 75-80C during heavy gaming (...but I also tend to use medium image quality settings with v-sync enabled, so as not to have my GPU constantly straining at 99% usage). And when I have the fans running at full blast (100%), the GPU actually gets down to around 70-75C during gaming, but then it's also quite loud. Given the thermal headroom, I'm hoping to overclock just a little more with the modded vbios.

EDIT: quoted wrong person originally!

@cl2500

Is there much point overclocking if you're gonna be running at medium quality settings with vsync on, because then the GPU is not really being pushed anyway? Although, overclocking is kind of fun in it's own right!

Actual voltage wont start changing until you go +150 or higher. I think inspector doesn't see that 1.012 is the stock max correctly.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

K I was able to increase my voltage with a +150mV or higher. Currently setting it at +162.5 MV and +160/150.

Yeah, I need to adjust that. Forgot to mention it here. Up until +125mV nothing will change at all, the voltage change starts at +137.5mV. So anyone who wants to add some volts needs to put the slider at least to that value.

To put it on other words, setting the slider to +137.5mV will result in +12.5mV additional -> 1.025V instead of the max stock of 1.012V .

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, I need to adjust that. Forgot to mention it here. Up until +125mV nothing will change at all, the voltage change starts at +137.5mV. So anyone who wants to add some volts needs to put the slider at least to that value.

To put it on other words, setting the slider to +137.5mV will result in +12.5mV additional -> 1.025V instead of the max stock of 1.012V .

Slv7,

I'm currently running at 1.05. Is that consider bad? I don't have any crashes running 3dmark11 and I play sleeping dog for an hour or so without any issues.

EDIT: quoted wrong person originally!

@cl2500

Is there much point overclocking if you're gonna be running at medium quality settings with vsync on, because then the GPU is not really being pushed anyway? Although, overclocking is kind of fun in it's own right!

Yes, that's right - overclocking mainly for benchmarks, just trying to figure out the GPU's performance. I think a lot of folks here love to tweak, and they just want to be as familiar as they can be with their GPU. Yes - for most games I don't feel the need to overclock, but it's nice to have that option for the really demanding ones.

Hi All would like to say a big thank you to svl7 for all his hard work getting a 680m (dell) from my m17xr3 3d so can't wait to flash the bios and get it tweeked.

I would just like to check before i start flashing about the cross vender compatibility or should i just stick with dell bios.

Thanks and keep up the fantastic work

Hi svl7, you modified my vBIOS for me, to unlock the overclocking limits. Thanks for that again, everything still good with it, but I'm curious to explore how much overvolting will likely give me as an OC increase. Max temperatures are 63degC, with fans at 61% and occasionally flicking up to 75%. If I run the fans manually, at 100%, then temperatures are 53degC. How much more performance would you think I could expect to see by overvolting from the current 0.925v maximum to perhaps 1V? Do you think it would be wise to try less than 1V, is 1V too much? And finally, would you be OK to modify the vBIOS for me (and of course for other folks that might download it)?

I also attached the modded vBIOS (from you) that I'm currently using, just in case that helps you know for certain which one I'm talking about.

GK104.zip

Hey svl7 , sry muss auf deutsch schreiben hoffe das ist ok. mein english ist nicht so gut -.-

habe ein kleines Problem: ich habe nen P150 HM in welches ich gerne eine 680M Gtx einbauen möchte. Oder eine 7970 Mobility. das Problem sind nicht die Karten. die selber laufen mit deinem Bios. das Problem ist das Bios des P150 HM selber -.-

es sperrt die karte (sowohl die nvidia wie auch die ati ) hättest du die möglichkeit mir nen Bios von einem P150 Hm zu kommen zu lassen wo die karten erkannt werden. bzw wo sie nicht gesperrt sind ?

aktuell Zeigt das Bios nur an : N/A und im geräte manager vom windwos kommt nur nicht erkanntes gerät -.-

die karte selber ( 680 M gtx ) läuft aber in einem anderem Gerät P150 EM / 170 EM oder so ohne probleme.

hättest du da vlt eine Idee ?

mfg Alex

p.s. gemoddete Treiber gehen auch nicht.

I just had a chance to test the voltage sliders with the modded vbios (Clevo P150SM / GTX 780M), and I found that +150mv actually served as my "0" point of reference. In other words, here is what I found: +162.5mV translated to 1.025V (+12.5mV), and +175mV translated to 1.037V (+25mV). At these voltages, I was able to overclock to (1000MHz / 6000MHz) and (1025MHz / 6000MHz), respectively - so I was pretty happy with those results. At the higher overclock, the 3DMark11 graphics score was ~9600 (!). SVL7 - thank you so much for releasing this vbios, it's really great to see what the 780M can do.

Revised 780m "OC edition" added. Adds undervolting capabilities, slider correction and some other enhancements, see here:

cbg2.jpg

Grab it in the second post of this thread.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Brian featured this topic