NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

Just tested in some gaming for 20mins or so (F1 2012, completely maxed out on all options, including 16QCSAA and 64fps avg, 55minimum). Temperatures stabalised at 58degC, after hitting 61degC (I guess the fans kicked up one notch, but still cooler & sucks 20W less than my 20% overclocked GTX 560M!).

About that vBIOS with the added voltage you mention. I'm pretty sure that could help me eek out some more Mhz, but I don't really need it at the moment. Max Voltage on my card is 0.925V, what would you recommend as a potential voltage for a modded vBIOS? I'm thinking no more than 1v max? If it's real easy & quick for you to mod my vBIOS for increased voltage, then might be good to have that stored somewhere on my computer for when games don't get enough fps, or if I'm bored or curious!! What do you reckon, would it shorten the life of the GPU do you think? Do you think it shortens it when just overclocking it to the levels I already have, without the voltage increase? (I don't think it does if temps are good, but I don't know loads on this).

Your temps are excellent. More heat will always make a GPU degrade faster, and more voltage always means more heat. Thatyou will notice any degrading before you get a new system is unlikely, at least not with a reasonable voltage.

Personally I never game with overvolts, I only use such things to really push the card for benching.

Over on the guru3d reviews for graphics cards, they often bump up the voltage by +100mv, so 0.1V when overclocking, which would make it 1V for my card. I'd go for the 1V P0 state (if I'm right in thinking that's the gaming state). I don't mind if you don't do the 1V BIOS though, because I'll probably just save it for a rainy day or when my card is near the end of it's useful life for gaming. I'll leave it up to you if you want to provide that one, you've already done loads to unleash the power of my card. :-)

It's been a bit since I checked back in on this forum. Does anyone with a 9370 680m SLI actually game with any overclocking? I found my temperatures were too high to trust it before - so I was wondering if anyone else had any revelations or found a comfort zone I could aim for? If so, what vbios, drivers, and overclock are you running? From what I can tell of picking through the 200 pages here, a lot of people game at stock speeds.

Thanks in advance!

Thats a Sager 9370, of course. Anyone at all?

Also I see a lot of people here talking about lap coolers, those things never really seemed to help my temps not even by 1 degree C. The best move I made was making something to lift the back the machin abouthalf an inch. That brought temps down a little. Has anyone found a cooler that actually suits this machine? Thanks!

Also I see a lot of people here talking about lap coolers, those things never really seemed to help my temps not even by 1 degree C. The best move I made was making something to lift the back the machin abouthalf an inch. That brought temps down a little. Has anyone found a cooler that actually suits this machine? Thanks!

I've found coolers to not really help high end laptops. They have such large radiators with large fans that slowing some air on the heatsink plates is insignificant, unlike on lower power laptops.

I've got an M17xR3, so not the same as yours, but I use a Zalman NC2000 laptop cooler. I position the laptop towards the front of the cooler, so that the vent holes for the fans are inline with the intake fans on the underside of the laptop. It's a good cooler & cools the whole of the laptop, and if nothing else I've found that it decreases dust accumulation in the laptop, instead it accumulates in the laptop cooler instead, which is easier to clean out than the laptop. It's constructed of quite thick aluminium, so I think it also acts as a heatsink for the laptop too in a way. There's some in depth reviews of NC2000 in notebook forums I believe (if I remember rightly). The airlflow is quite uniform, gentle and seems non-turbulent coming from the cooler, which I think is a good thing. There's part of me that thinks that directing high speed fans directly into the intake fans of laptops is not a good thing, as it may create a turbulence that interferes with efficiency of the performance of the laptop intake fans. The NC2000 flow is indirect, so less turbulent. That's just a wild theory!

Hey, gurus of OC) can someone enlighten me please which vbios can be flashed to which GPU's:

Dell GPU - ONLY Dell vbios;

MSI GPU - Dell/MSI vbios;

Clevo GPU - Clevo/MSI vbios

Am i correct? Regards

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

My question about this modded vBIOS: Clevo 670mx - (3GB)- 80.04.58.00.03_'OC edition'. How the mod affects TDP/power consuption of vcard?

Thank you in advance!

Temps will rise a little bit if you OC, but the voltage is stock on this vbios, so you shouldn't have to worry.

Hey, gurus of OC) can someone enlighten me please which vbios can be flashed to which GPU's:

Am i correct? Regards

Uhm... are you referring to a specific GPU? Because there's no general answer for this.

The safest solution to use vbios from other vendors on nvidia cards is by following my flashing tutorial. The SSID override flag is fine, the rest isn't. If nvflash comes up with anything else than the SSID mismatch (which is safe to override) while trying to flash the card, you're doing something wrong.

If it allows you to flash then you will in most cases be fine, but that's not a general truth. Clevo has tons of issues with certain vbios, just because they have really crappy BIOS on some of their systems. This can leave you with a brick, and no chance of blind flashing it back or similar.

If you're flashing an Alienware and it doesn't come up with anything else than a SSID mismatch it will most likely work perfectly fine.

Still, in the mobile world the vbios can be configured to a specific system, this means while the graphics output most likely will work fine you could get audio issues in some cases, e.g. audio per HDMI not working.

• Thumbs Up 1

Am i correct? Regards

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I bought my GTX 670MX 3GB from laptopmonkey, and it was advertised as compatible with Clevo & Dell (Alienware), and HWInfo described it as a DELL card. I provided my stock vBIOS to svl7 and he modded it, and subsequently described it as a Clevo vBIOS, which I have flashed with 100% sucess. So maybe there's some overlap there between Dell & Clevo. svl7's advice is likely more definitive though!

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi,

I bought a clevo 670mx 3go for my p150hm.

The card works fine but every boot i have to wait 2 minutes.

The notebook stay on first page with the logo and bip three times.

Then windows starts and all is running good ( i can play, no throttling, good fan speed)

Someone tells me what there is an incompatibility between the vbios of the card and the bios of my notebook.

The current vbios is 80.04.58.00.03.

Is there a vbios compatible ? thanks

I bought my GTX 670MX 3GB from laptopmonkey, and it was advertised as compatible with Clevo & Dell (Alienware), and HWInfo described it as a DELL card.

It gets read as Dell card cause the subvendor ID from your video adapter on board is Dell (you have a Dell board). If HWiNFO read the ID from the card instead of the board it'd show as Nvidia (cause apparently Clevo didn't get a branded vbios from Nvidia).

Hi,

I bought a clevo 670mx 3go for my p150hm.

The card works fine but every boot i have to wait 2 minutes.

The notebook stay on first page with the logo and bip three times.

Then windows starts and all is running good ( i can play, no throttling, good fan speed)

Someone tells me what there is an incompatibility between the vbios of the card and the bios of my notebook.

The current vbios is 80.04.58.00.03.

Is there a vbios compatible ? thanks

HM series has a lot of issues with current vbios, blame the crappy bios. I might be able to fix it if you're going to test it, no guarantee though.

Tnx for the posts, guys) The thing is that i have an M17xR4 laptop and plan to upgrade it to 780M. I can get a Clevo 780M from a P375SM model in a month or so and decided to install it on my system. I've read people installed MSI/Dell 780M's in AW laptps with no issues and iGPU working.

svl7, do you think Clevo 780M will run fine on my system with some vbios flash or its better to buy a different GPU in my case? Tnx a lot

Cheers svl7, that means that I know I definitely have a Clevo Card then. So, Red Line, at least you know this Clevo card works in my Alienware now, so maybe it will in yours too. I turned off the iGPU before installing the card though, because everything I'd researched suggested that was necessary.

Teaser:

Coming soon to a mobile Kepler GPU in your notebook... let me present you - full control:

post-80-14494995554211_thumb.jpg

If don't notice anything, check the Nvidia Inspector... :P

Edit: Ah yeah, btw, that's on my M15x ;)

• Thumbs Up 4

Teaser:

Coming soon to a mobile Kepler GPU in your notebook... let me present you - full control:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7935[/ATTACH]

If don't notice anything, check the Nvidia Inspector... :P

Edit: Ah yeah, btw, that's on my M15x ;)

Wow... and I assume that the power slider takes care of the throttling with power draw?

Any chance the 680m can get live voltage control too?

Wow... and I assume that the power slider takes care of the throttling with power draw?

Yeah... as long as your board and system can handle it. Those MSI with 180W PSU and that "NOS" crap won't stand this, I can guarantee it.

Any chance the 680m can get live voltage control too?

Lol... right, I think I shouldn't have posted this, now I will to redo all the vbios files here, hahahaha, damn :D Should work, yes.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah... as long as your board and system can handle it. Those MSI with 180W PSU and that "NOS" crap won't stand this, I can guarantee it.

Lol... right, I think I shouldn't have posted this, now I will to redo all the vbios files here, hahahaha, damn :D Should work, yes.

Awesome. Looking forward to it!

Oh, so now it should work!

LOL

You owe me 3 sodas now!

• Thumbs Up 1

HM series has a lot of issues with current vbios, blame the crappy bios. I might be able to fix it if you're going to test it, no guarantee though.

I don't want to waste your time.

My notebook works fine except it take a little time to boot.

I ask to know if someone resolve this problem. I can't reflash on another pc if somethings go bad.

Thanks for your answer.

• Brian featured this topic