NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

From what I understand you want a Clevo (4GB) vbios for your system. You may want to wait for someone else to confirm that though.

I successfully flashed Clevo 680m - 80.04.33.00.10_'OCedition'_revised_01 - OV 1025v. I am in the process of benchmarking. I have only used 3DMark. Here are my results:

Stock

Ice Storm: 83185

Cloud Gate: 15478

Fire Strike: 3796

Clevo 680m - 80.04.33.00.10_'OCedition'_revised_01 - OV 1025v (NOT OC'ed yet)

Ice Storm: 72757

Cloud Gate: 15496

Fire Strike: 3941

It imagine the few points of difference from the stock bios will be resolved once I start OC'ing.

When testing, be sure to run a variety of programs. Your GPU may run some fine and fail at others.

Do you have any other programs you'd recommend? I've seen so many of them that I don't really know which ones I should use.

I also have a few more questions related to setting the OC.

1) Should I only worrying about OC'ing "Performance Level [0] - (P8)?" I assume this is my high load profile. Is there any reason I would want to OC the other levels? Also, to confirm, I should only adjust in 13MHz at a time?

2) Is there an increment at which I should adjust my memory clock speed? Right now it's set to the stock 324MHz, but it can go all the way to 4000MHz. This seems like a wide range and I don't want to be adjusting in too small of an increment.

3) Is there a relationship between GPU clock and Memory Clock? For instance, if I OC my GPU clock to X MHz, should I adjust my Memory Clock to something comparable or can I just vary both independently until I find a stable configuration?

4) Is there a base OC recommendation for the Clevo 680m - 80.04.33.00.10_'OCedition'_revised_01 - OV 1025v vbios? I know it'll vary from per machine, but is there a baseline that should be safe on most cards? From what I understand, the 680m is severely underclocked, so I don't want to waste time increasing by tiny increments when the real threshold is significantly higher than stock.

All you need to overclock is P0, not P8. P0 is the 3d clock domain. I don't recommend going too crazy on the memory unless you want high scores in benchmarks. For gaming 100-200MHz should be ok I guess, but don't push it too hard.

As for the core... at stock voltage most cards will easily do 900MHz stable, but your mileage may vary. With 1.025V you can safely start at 930MHz. You don't need to do 13MHz steps, you can also do 100MHz steps... but small increments will help you to find the best spot.

Still... I usually play games at stock clocks, lol.

I successfully flashed Clevo 680m - 80.04.33.00.10_'OCedition'_revised_01 - OV 1025v. I am in the process of benchmarking. I have only used 3DMark. Here are my results:

Stock

Ice Storm: 83185

Cloud Gate: 15478

Fire Strike: 3796

Clevo 680m - 80.04.33.00.10_'OCedition'_revised_01 - OV 1025v (NOT OC'ed yet)

Ice Storm: 72757

Cloud Gate: 15496

Fire Strike: 3941

It imagine the few points of difference from the stock bios will be resolved once I start OC'ing.

Do you have any other programs you'd recommend? I've seen so many of them that I don't really know which ones I should use.

I also have a few more questions related to setting the OC.

1) Should I only worrying about OC'ing "Performance Level [0] - (P8)?" I assume this is my high load profile. Is there any reason I would want to OC the other levels? Also, to confirm, I should only adjust in 13MHz at a time?

2) Is there an increment at which I should adjust my memory clock speed? Right now it's set to the stock 324MHz, but it can go all the way to 4000MHz. This seems like a wide range and I don't want to be adjusting in too small of an increment.

3) Is there a relationship between GPU clock and Memory Clock? For instance, if I OC my GPU clock to X MHz, should I adjust my Memory Clock to something comparable or can I just vary both independently until I find a stable configuration?

4) Is there a base OC recommendation for the Clevo 680m - 80.04.33.00.10_'OCedition'_revised_01 - OV 1025v vbios? I know it'll vary from per machine, but is there a baseline that should be safe on most cards? From what I understand, the 680m is severely underclocked, so I don't want to waste time increasing by tiny increments when the real threshold is significantly higher than stock.

Performance Level [2] -(P0) is your high performance profile and is the only one you should bother adjusting unless you want to try to make the 680m usable in games on battery. Memory default should be 1800MHz according to nvidia inspector. You can set the clocks in 1mhz increments for both core and memory, but the clocks will round down to the nearest multiple of 13 for the core and 10 (5 actual) for the memory. GPU-z will report the actual clocks that your card is running, which should be within 13 for the core and half -5 for the memory compared to what was set with nvidia inspector.

Some people find they can overclock core higher if they keep the memory lower or vice-verse. Personally I have never noticed this trend.

With 1.025V I would expect the worst 680ms to do around 920MHz and the best to do around 1040MHz. Mine does 980 at that voltage.

Yeah but your overvolted 675mx is not beating an overvolted 680m:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M video card benchmark result - Genuine Intel® CPU 0 @ 2.40GHz,CLEVO P170EM

You have awesome memory BTW.

If you rip off your gpu's package cover and take a highly detailed picture then I'll do the same and maybe we can find our laser cuts and get 1536 shaders! That cover looks like a PITA to remove though without killing the card so you go first. Also if you kill your card trying I'll say it was your idea.

This is the only way I can beat Johnksss in hwbot.

svl7: Oh, good to hear. And yeah, Sony really cheaped out on the hardware for the PsP's. They also cheaped out on security; that's why we got their root encryption keys. They used a non-random key, really obvious pattern to it. (Well, obvious to whoever the people who cracked it are. To me it's jibberish.)

Khenglish: In your signature it says you're getting a 330W PSU. Can you tell me if that works for you with the M17x? I've heard it shouldn't work, but my gut says it might be different now.

svl7: Oh, good to hear. And yeah, Sony really cheaped out on the hardware for the PsP's. They also cheaped out on security; that's why we got their root encryption keys. They used a non-random key, really obvious pattern to it. (Well, obvious to whoever the people who cracked it are. To me it's jibberish.)

Khenglish: In your signature it says you're getting a 330W PSU. Can you tell me if that works for you with the M17x? I've heard it shouldn't work, but my gut says it might be different now.

I have a clevo. Clevo's don't whitelist PSUs but I'll either have to change the connector on the motherboard or PSU to use it. It's 19.5V vs 19V which the laptop was designed for, but the voltages are close enough not to matter.

All you need to overclock is P0, not P8. P0 is the 3d clock domain. I don't recommend going too crazy on the memory unless you want high scores in benchmarks. For gaming 100-200MHz should be ok I guess, but don't push it too hard.

As for the core... at stock voltage most cards will easily do 900MHz stable, but your mileage may vary. With 1.025V you can safely start at 930MHz. You don't need to do 13MHz steps, you can also do 100MHz steps... but small increments will help you to find the best spot.

Still... I usually play games at stock clocks, lol.

Quick question - any reason why you aren't going higher on the memory? I have seen so many other posters talking about going +400-600, and i have gamed with no problem at +500. This is a Clevo card.. does that make any difference?

Very good svl7 vbios 1.08

limit with the slide ):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7218[/ATTACH]

hi Riri-Fifi

is your card a DELL or Clevo,

I noticed that GPU-z ID's it as dell.

also

where are you getting the OV/Vbios from, please share

Okay, something's very fishy. Riri-Fifi, how are you running at 1.087 volts? How come your numbers aren't lined up properly and, above all, how in the world are you running at 1.2 ghz and only hitting 50 C?

If you reply by saying "I'm using the 675m, it only has 384 cores", then how on earth did you get over 6,000? My 680m has 1,344 cores and at stock speeds gets 6,000ish. By that logic you should be getting 2,500ish tops even with your settings.

Be straight with me: Is that screenshot fake?

My bad. That's a 675mx. Missed the "X". Kay. Sorry. Yay for the edit button!

Still, how are you running at 50 C? Are you standing outdoors in Antarctica or something?

also

where are you getting the OV/Vbios from, please share

I posted it a couple of pages ago, you should be able to find it. I'll add it to the first post when I get around to do so.

I posted it a couple of pages ago, you should be able to find it. I'll add it to the first post when I get around to do so.

No ov vbios for msi gtx 675mx????? Tho i am maxing out at 1100mhz at stock would like to push moar...

No ov vbios for msi gtx 675mx????? Tho i am maxing out at 1100mhz at stock would like to push moar...

What? Can't you read? I said I posted it a couple of pages ago -> http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/1847-nvidia-kepler-vbios-mods-overclocking-editions-modified-clocks-voltage-tweaks-39.html#post48306

very very very nice, the Procedure is clearly easily to understand and the Bios /

i use the 1025 low Voltage for MSI, its great what i can see in this moment. just flashing ago a few Minutes, but i see it Works very fine.

running first test with 3DMark11 at 921/2400 clocks Scores ride over 7k dont know its high for the clocks, but its high vs. stock :D

Thanks for this great Bioses

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7225[/ATTACH]

this is my max point and beyond this one i get bsod and temps max out at 75C

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3630QM Processor,Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. MS-1762 score: P6702 3DMarks here is my score

1315 memory! Seems that the 675mx memory can clock higher than 680m memory. I wonder why since both have fully enabled memory interfaces.

Khenglish: Just because he's got it running that fast doesn't mean it's a good thing. The faster it runs the more memory errors it hits and the slower it ultimately goes.

buluunee: Try running your memory at 1200ish. At 1250 my card actually scores lower than it does at stock memory clocks, but 1200 helps quite a bit.

Khenglish: Just because he's got it running that fast doesn't mean it's a good thing. The faster it runs the more memory errors it hits and the slower it ultimately goes.

buluunee: Try running your memory at 1200ish. At 1250 my card actually scores lower than it does at stock memory clocks, but 1200 helps quite a bit.

tnx for advise but i know it have been testing at different clocks. Actually i can push my mem +910 where i usually gets bsod and that result is with 830 on mem which is totally stable no flicker no bsod no speed related issue. I knu most of ppl face a problem when they r on high mem oc however mine seems to have very good factory build... however the core max out at 1160mhz for the sake of no bsod

The highest I can run for benchmarks to have a chance at finishing is 4800. He's running 5260. That's a big increase.

• Brian featured this topic