NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

I'd love to be able to flash with a .209 file, but alas, I cannot :P

Referring to the G55VW zip file you've uploaded, it contains said file, and, well, it either speaks for itself or I'm ignorant...

Well, what did you do? Did you use the tool Asus provides on their support site?

Thanks SVL7

i test quickly the bios mod based on clevo :

The idle bug (caused by msi vbios) seem to disapear ... but i made some test and the card seem to throttle when i break the wall of 853 Mhz (3dmark11 score goes down)

maybe a light overvolt could fix this i presume ...

BTW good job, it help me determine that the idle bug is msi vbioses fault on P150HM/gtx680m combo.

Tonrac stated it there , i'm hoping soon to get the GTX 680M , im overseas so im can't get it delivered yet, also tonrac said that they were both stock voltage but unlocked.

Well, what did you do? Did you use the tool Asus provides on their support site?

Do you mean ASUS Winflash? But that can't be used to flash the vbios?

I planned on using a DOS bootable and nvflash to flash, but, no? (I actually tried, too, thinking maybe the newer versions had .209 support or something)

No no no... the vbios is part of the BIOS, so I extracted the vbios, modified it and put it back into the BIOS. The file posted is a BIOS. So just go ahead and flash it like a BIOS.

What the heck is up with those Asus BIOS files...

Make a DOS bootable USB drive, put the utility which I attached to this post to the root of it along with the BIOS and flash with

afudos G55VWAS.209 /B /P /N

AFUDOS.zip

Damn Asus... seriously, I've actually been trying to flash a modified file on my Asus ultrabook all day long and got a whole batch of errors myself. Never messed with AMI BIOS flashing before, I'll see whether I can figure out a way.

First of all let me mod one which has the same size.

• Founder
Hi

I am trying to download the above msi vbios files but I don't have permission to access the page. I have just registered on your forums, is that enough or is there something else I have to do to be able to download these files.

Thanks

Brett

Refer to the Forum Rules. You need 5 quality posts before you can download or PM.

Hi Everyone

I am trying to get a Clevo GTX680m to work in my GT70-OND. The card works fine and runs in VGA mode but I cannot seem to be able to install any drivers. I keep getting the error message "This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware". I am assuming its a Clevo card because I bought it from Eurocom. Do I have to flash the MSI vBIOS for it to be able to work? My machine has the latest BIOS and EC versions which are supposed to support the 680m so its weird that I cannot install the drivers. I've tried heaps of versions including ones with modded inf's and still no luck.

If anyone is able to help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Brett

Ok here are my Clevo 680M OC VBIOS test results:

Core/Memory/PScore/GScore

859/1000/6806/6839

869/1000/6882/6941

879/1000/6919/6976

889/1000/6921/6973

So it looks like my maximum core at stock voltage is somewhere around 885.

Also a huge jump in performance going from 859 to 869.

Would be great to have some OV versions of this BIOS :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi Everyone

I am trying to get a Clevo GTX680m to work in my GT70-OND. The card works fine and runs in VGA mode but I cannot seem to be able to install any drivers. I keep getting the error message "This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware". I am assuming its a Clevo card because I bought it from Eurocom. Do I have to flash the MSI vBIOS for it to be able to work? My machine has the latest BIOS and EC versions which are supposed to support the 680m so its weird that I cannot install the drivers. I've tried heaps of versions including ones with modded inf's and still no luck.

If anyone is able to help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Brett

It looks like your bios isn't recognizing the GTX 680M properly , go into device manager and see what it says under hardware_ids , you might need modify inf to install drivers.

• Thumbs Up 1

I checked again, and the BIOS files are the same size... so not sure what's going on.

Yes I noticed that, too...

Googling like a pro (well not really) I found this, but I'm not going to try that just yet in case the error is there for a reason, but in the spirit of progress I figured I'd ask (and I don't expect a guarantee, that'd be silly) if there should be any reason the BIOS would not work if forced to flash?

Ok here are my Clevo 680M OC VBIOS test results:

Core/Memory/PScore/GScore

859/1000/6806/6839

869/1000/6882/6941

879/1000/6919/6976

889/1000/6921/6973

So it looks like my maximum core at stock voltage is somewhere around 885.

Also a huge jump in performance going from 859 to 869.

Would be great to have some OV versions of this BIOS :)

You have p170EM, you can try to flash the MSI vbios to get Overvolt , as far as I know the MSI bios work well with the EM series, also it is the one everyone at NBR are using to get over 8000 3dmark11 scores

• Thumbs Up 1

• Brian featured this topic