NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

It seems hes being busy recently... im guessing that coz its a time for semester final term exams and assignments in most of the countries. Give him some time he will probably do his genius work some time around. Ps: we r also w8ing for ovted vbios on msi Gtx 675mx 4gb. At the moment stock voltage peaks at 1.0370 and would like to have several versions of ovted vbios to test it to get the decent power with less heat.

Within the past couple days, I've been having a clicking issue that I think is related to Optimus toggling between the iGPU and dGPU. Has anyone else experienced something like this, and would flashing a new bios possibly alleviate that problem?

I have a Sager NP9150 with GTX 675MX. Thanks!

dadam: Define "clicking issue".

Also, open up MSI Afterburner and watch your GPU clock in the bar graph. Run a benchmark and see if it remains steady. If not, and your temperatures are in check the entire time, and you've got your laptop plugged into a strong enough charger, then one of svl7's vbios' would probably help.

tigyi and Trach62: There's a "thanks" button on the bottom left of everyone's posts. Click that if you want to give thanks rather than just saying "thanks" in your next post. All quality posts need to contribute a decent amount of information rather than just trying to up your post count. I'm not saying that was your intent, but that is the result and the reason the button exists. There's a lot of forums where people ruthlessly thank everyone just so that number gets bigger.

Thanks for thanking me, though! (And same to everyone else who thank'd me!)

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey guys

I am Rajat from Canada. I was looking to upgrade my G73JH from the ATI 5870m. I have had no problems with this card but I feel that its growing old. I have experience opening my g73 as I did a reseat of CPU and GPU recently to get decent temperatures. I have saved enough money to go buy a GTX 680m. I know in one of the forms it said that you need a different VBIOS for 680m as it has a different architecture. I read the GUIDE to update the G73 to 660m.

I was wondering if anyone of you have tried it ?

Thanks

Hey guys

I am Rajat from Canada. I was looking to upgrade my G73JH from the ATI 5870m. I have had no problems with this card but I feel that its growing old. I have experience opening my g73 as I did a reseat of CPU and GPU recently to get decent temperatures. I have saved enough money to go buy a GTX 680m. I know in one of the forms it said that you need a different VBIOS for 680m as it has a different architecture. I read the GUIDE to update the G73 to 660m.

I was wondering if anyone of you have tried it ?

Thanks

I used to own a G73Jh. I don't think you can upgrade it to the GTX 680M, only the Radeon 7970M. There's a huge thread on the Notebook Review Forums with all the information you need. I do believe that only the Clevo and MSI 7970M are confirmed to be working properly but you need to flash a vBIOS that disables Enduro. Plus you need a higher wattage power brick and a modded heatsink. I haven't kept up with all the information in that thread so this information may not be entirely accurate and I never performed the upgrade myself before I sold the G73.

What kind of overclock are people with dell 680s running with the 1025/1050 file? I have an M18x-R2

with 1050v my max stable OC is 1071/5000. Im looking to get a vbios for 1075v and 1.1v since my temps are great and want to push past 1100 on the core. Hoping one gets sent to me soon!

with 1050v my max stable OC is 1071/5000. Im looking to get a vbios for 1075v and 1.1v since my temps are great and want to push past 1100 on the core. Hoping one gets sent to me soon!

What kind of temps are you looking at with 99% utilization?

WOW, I just got the (free/basic) vbios .33 for my Clevo 680m, and was happy to get 900mhz outta my core, was stuck at 601, now to play with memory speed.... any opinions what the cards will do at stock voltage? I got lots of cooling.

dadam: Define "clicking issue".

Also, open up MSI Afterburner and watch your GPU clock in the bar graph. Run a benchmark and see if it remains steady. If not, and your temperatures are in check the entire time, and you've got your laptop plugged into a strong enough charger, then one of svl7's vbios' would probably help.

Sorry, the clicking issue is a faint clicking noise coming from either the CPU or the GPU when it switches between optimus states. Whenever the Nvidia GPU Activity notification icon becomes lit, there is a clicking noise. It happens whenever I right click an .exe with the 'run with graphics processor' option checked, too, as well as a few times during startup/shutdown. It may just be me but I'd never heard this noise until a couple of days ago and I'm hoping that the card isn't damaged in any way.

I'm not sure if it is or not. My card doesn't actually have Optimus in it so I've never heard that sound before. Yesterday though, while I was helping someone with computer issues we heard that sound (albeit on an older laptop that didn't have a dGPU to begin with) while it was failing and taking its last breaths.

If I were you I'd back up any important data before doing anything else just to be on the safe side, but considering that Optimus actually turns your dGPU off rather than just downclocking it, it's also possible that what you're hearing is totally normal. Like I said before though, I don't know for sure.

• Thumbs Up 1

I flashed ur free Bios from the first page. Ur work is amazing! Got my Core Stable to 960mhz and set Vram to 2250mhz.

with this clocks my m17xr4 got:

28600P Vanatge

7690P 3dM11

4960P 3dM2013 Fire Strike

Battlefield 3 Ultra get an increase from 40´s to 53FPS+ in Multiplayer.

Is there a good chance to pass the 1ghz Mark with an OV Bios? what Clock reaches an average Dell 680m?

Evening all, I really just wanted to say a quick thank you to SVL7 for all of his hard work. I've got my 680m's running along pretty daaarn nicely now. Using the voltage locked bios and afterburner my core is at 1ghz and my memory at 4.8! Really pleased! :D

I flashed ur free Bios from the first page. Ur work is amazing! Got my Core Stable to 960mhz and set Vram to 2250mhz.

with this clocks my m17xr4 got:

28600P Vanatge

7690P 3dM11

4960P 3dM2013 Fire Strike

Battlefield 3 Ultra get an increase from 40´s to 53FPS+ in Multiplayer.

Is there a good chance to pass the 1ghz Mark with an OV Bios? what Clock reaches an average Dell 680m?

Your core looks average and your memory looks slightly below average compared to a clevo card. I think Dell and clevo cards clock the same on the core, and maybe Dells are usually slightly higher on memory.

I'm not sure if it is or not. My card doesn't actually have Optimus in it so I've never heard that sound before. Yesterday though, while I was helping someone with computer issues we heard that sound (albeit on an older laptop that didn't have a dGPU to begin with) while it was failing and taking its last breaths.

If I were you I'd back up any important data before doing anything else just to be on the safe side, but considering that Optimus actually turns your dGPU off rather than just downclocking it, it's also possible that what you're hearing is totally normal. Like I said before though, I don't know for sure.

Gosh I hope it's not crapping out on me already. Thanks for the advice, though, I'll keep my eyes peeled for any sign of wear then.

I applied the 1025 dell 680m bios to my cards but only the primary card overclocks the secondary still maxes out at 719. Also using afterburner I can set the primary card to +400 but the secondary only +135 but of course it still doesn't do the 135oc in game.

nevermind, i didn't actually apply the bios to the seconardy, used the command wrong lol

I'm a real newby on this stuff. Do you think that using this vbios I will also fix my problems of the nvidia optimus that every time use the intel gpu instead of the nvidia?

I reallly need to speed up the graphic performance of my laptop (santech m58 - clevo p150 probably)

Hey svl7.

my m17x currently running with your 1.05v Bios. But since i flashed it i have the problem wehen i start my notebook the keyboard light go on but the display doesnt... after 10 seconds it shut off... next push on power button and then it book normal.

Is there still a bug in the Vbios? can u have a Look at this? :)

I'm a real newby on this stuff. Do you think that using this vbios I will also fix my problems of the nvidia optimus that every time use the intel gpu instead of the nvidia?

I reallly need to speed up the graphic performance of my laptop (santech m58 - clevo p150 probably)

No, this sounds like a driver / software issue. You can choose Nvidia as the default GPU for a certain application in the NV control panel.

Hey svl7.

my m17x currently running with your 1.05v Bios. But since i flashed it i have the problem wehen i start my notebook the keyboard light go on but the display doesnt... after 10 seconds it shut off... next push on power button and then it book normal.

Is there still a bug in the Vbios? can u have a Look at this? :)

That can't be vbios related, I'd say try a power drain and then load the bios default settings and see whether it helps.

• Brian featured this topic