NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

Hi guys, any luck with the modded vBIOS for GT 650M to allow overclocking and/or overvolting?

All GT650M that I am aware of are part of the main BIOS. So It's not a simple vBIOS flash, but requires the vBs to be extracted, modded then re-inserted and a whole BIOS flash.

We did some for Clevo W-Series, Dell Inspiron 7720, MSI GE-Series, Alienware -vbios-mod-higher-boost-clocks-test-versions-only.html"]M14x R2...

Download 11DE11A1.rom from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Here's a link to my GPU Bios for an Asus G75VX GTX670MX. If someone could kindly tinker with it to allow me to push higher clocks that would be great!_ I can't get nvidia inspector to work on my laptop(keeps bugging out) I would definitely donate to buy a few beers for your time* =]

Greetings,

just had two 680ms sent over from Eurocom for my AW M18X R1 and one card has the 80.04.29.00.01 vBIOS and the other has the 80.04.67.00.01. The latter one seems unlocked since GPU Caps Viewer shows core clock at 758 mhz whereas the former shows 719 mhz. Does the mismatch have an effect on gameplay? What do you guys recommend should I flash one with the other? Also I was looking at 80.04.33.00.10 and svl7 said that it is optimized for no throttling. Is that when overclocking or has svl7 tweaked the vBIOS to regulate the cards better as to avoid unnecessary throttling? Thanks!

80.04.29.00.01 is the oldest version and in a rather raw state, it has some flaws, I recommend using 80.04.33.00.10, it works better.

80.04.67.00.01 is the newest version and brings various changes, the most notable is UEFI secure boot / fast boot support. If you don't use those features I recommend using the 33 vbios, flash the same on both cards.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm now getting insane clocks on my 680Ms, this is what I've managed so far.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3630QM Processor,CLEVO P370EM score: P12921 3DMarks

Sent some beer money to svl7, given that none of us would be overclocking these cards if it weren't for his tireless help and support it, was the least I could do. Thanks so much mate, your work makes a big difference to so many people. :)

Also big thanks to johnksss for giving general support and help with flashing the cards when Clevo decide to make it difficult.

Prema for enabling the 100% fan option and giving me access to the latest intel RAID, more details in my review topic.

This whole forum is just so willing to help, and highly knowledgeable to boot. We're still headed for the stratosphere people. :D :D :D

Will report back if/when I get an XM CPU.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hello guys!

I am a lost newb looking for help.

I have a sager 9370 with SLI 680Ms (4GB)

I flashed just the basic unlocked vbios (I assume it came from here since it is a subscriber to this thread =D - I wasn't aware of this thread unfortunately) to both cards. But even at stock speeds running Heaven 4.0 I get over 90C within 4 minutes.

So I am here to kind of start over.

What is the recommended bios to use for my cards? I didn't see one in the original post specific to the 4gb version and I read through about 80 pages of this and just found myself lost again.

Is MSI afterburner a good tool to use for turning the juice up?

I seen mention of running your fan at 100% or "Turbo" speeds. How is this achieved?

Is it reccomended to start with one of the volt mods? I saw some say that lowers temperatures - is that true? Prior to flashing I never saw a temperature over 78C in Heaven -- so I am just kind of confused.

Any advice is appreciated and if the question is answered elsewhere, feel free to link me around. I don't necessarily want to max this thing out, I just want to squeeze a little more out to feel the justification of buying an expensive system like this! Haha.

I appreciate your time!

Hi @nerdstaz, welcome to T|I. :)

I have the same system as you, I'll do my best to help.

First thing that's worth checking is pressing Fn+1 (1, not F1) when in windows, some P370/9370 systems will reportedly spin the fans up to 100% without modding the BIOS. If that doesn't work you will need to flash a custom BIOS from @Prema, which I have done successfully and reduced the temps on my second card from 94c to 75c (at over 1ghz core speed). EDIT: New thread just posted, give this a try. :)http://forum.techinferno.com/clevo-sager/3119-premas-bios-mods.html#post43230

As for your temps being higher, I believe that's because nvidia throttle the cards on the stock VBIOS, which keeps them cooler but compromises performance. I may not be 100% correct though, as I just read throttling and stopped there (It's the devils work ;) ).

Personally I've flashed two different Vbios files for testing, both found in the second post at positions #2 and #3. "clevo 680m 80.04.33.00.10 ocedition revised 01 ov 1050v" and the 1025v version. Both have provided me with major boosts to overclocking.

MSI afterburner is what I generally use for GPU overclocking, it's a great utility.

If you look at my post directly before yours, you'll see the potential this system has once you push the GPUs a little.

Again, welcome to the forums and I hope to see you around more. Our P370/9370s take a little work, but they're total beasts. :D

• Thumbs Up 2

Thanks @Jimbo! I flashed the 1050ov bios and am up and running.

What do you use to test your temps?

I was using Heaven 4.0 but I can reach 90 on my main card with that, even at stock speeds no matter the bios it seems. (with 8x AA and Extreme Tesselation).

edit: I must not have applied my reset. At stock I made it all the way through the bench maxed the main card at 88 and the secondary at 70. I am just not sure how realistic this is compared to actually gaming. I am just afraid to get comfortable at a speed seeing those temps even in a synthetic bench

What overclock speeds do you actually game at?

Sorry for the million questions! I just don't want to injure my new baby...haha and the Fn+1 fan speed does in fact work! I really appreciate that tip!

All GT650M that I am aware of are part of the main BIOS. So It's not a simple vBIOS flash, but requires the vBs to be extracted, modded then re-inserted and a whole BIOS flash.

We did some for Clevo W-Series, Dell Inspiron 7720, MSI GE-Series, Alienware -vbios-mod-higher-boost-clocks-test-versions-only.html"]M14x R2...

So I'm guessing the ones you did for those other laptops won't work for the Lenovo IdeaPad Y500? I have the model with SLI GT 650M GDDR5 if that makes any difference. I'll gladly provide any BIOS/vBIOS dumps from my system to help you guys accomplish this. Cheers and thanks for the hard work! I can see that there are a lot of grateful people on here.

What type of OC do you guys actually run with while gaming? And do you have any mods to ducts or heatsinks? I just want to find a slight increase that is comfortable --- that I don't have to fiddle with everytime I install a game ;)

@nerdstaz No problem mate, 1050 is probably more than you need if you don't want to really push the overclock.

Because it's a synthetic bench, Heaven pushes the cards at close to 100% relentlessly, most games don't come anywhere near that. If you're worried just leave a temp monitor open in the background while gaming.

I use all kinds of temp monitoring software, two personal faves are HWinfo (Because it watches everything) and OCCT (because it incorporates stress tests such as linpack).

I don't game at any overclock unless the game needs it - similar reasons to you, I can't be bothered switching it all the time and SLI 680M isn't exactly slow while stock. If in time the 680Ms can't run everything like butter at stock clocks, then I'll consider running a daily overclock.

I can't really tell you what's stable on your system, from what I've seen +200 core and +400 memory is very easy for me, but your cards may vary. For that matter, how you use them may vary. Afterburner has an option for "Apply clocks at system start" if that's what you're trying it shouldn't be too hard to drop down again. I've never flashed a card with an OC, so can't help you if that's what you're thinking.

I've never liked coolers (since I actually carry my system, and use the desktop when at home), but you can get most of the benefit by finding a way to lift the back of the system slightly without obscuring the air vents. Brian did a small review on "Laptop lifts" (IIRC) which are essentially small stick on rubber buffers that achieve this in a less ghetto way than books or a coke lid (what I generally use).

I'll be looking into physical mods for cooling, but they're likely to be somewhat extreme by normal standards. Don't attempt anything that will void your warranty unless you're absolutely sure.

Don't worry about asking "too many" questions, I understand the feeling and will do my best to answer anything you ask. Doesn't mean I'll always be correct though. :77:

• Thumbs Up 2

Hey.

I am new to Geforce gtx 680m, i have replaced my 7970m with it. i have a Multicom Kunshan P150EM (Clevo P150EM)i think my OC P from 3DMark 11 and Vantage is

strange just look.

3DMark Vantage

this is stock bios : 21706

135/450 24098

135/500 24043

135/507 23978

210/546 25355

225\546 25215

235/570 24871

245/580 25415

258/600 24396

270\600 24690

280/600 23906

245/590 24808

245/580 24441

It looks like the more i clock the lower is the score?

with other bioses

MSI 1000v

230/600 25140

215/600 25320

235/600 24738

MSI 1025v

230/600 22856

Clevo 1000v

220/600 25019

230/600 23862

915.rom this bios is from another thread where card has higher clocks

think its 915/2250 or something instead of 7xx/1800

000/150 25536

050/150 25092

i am confused because shouldent i get better score with higher clocks?

am using inspector and ts 5

@nerdstaz No problem mate, 1050 is probably more than you need if you don't want to really push the overclock.

Because it's a synthetic bench, Heaven pushes the cards at close to 100% relentlessly, most games don't come anywhere near that. If you're worried just leave a temp monitor open in the background while gaming.

I use all kinds of temp monitoring software, two personal faves are HWinfo (Because it watches everything) and OCCT (because it incorporates stress tests such as linpack).

I don't game at any overclock unless the game needs it - similar reasons to you, I can't be bothered switching it all the time and SLI 680M isn't exactly slow while stock. If in time the 680Ms can't run everything like butter at stock clocks, then I'll consider running a daily overclock.

I can't really tell you what's stable on your system, from what I've seen +200 core and +400 memory is very easy for me, but your cards may vary. For that matter, how you use them may vary. Afterburner has an option for "Apply clocks at system start" if that's what you're trying it shouldn't be too hard to drop down again. I've never flashed a card with an OC, so can't help you if that's what you're thinking.

I've never liked coolers (since I actually carry my system, and use the desktop when at home), but you can get most of the benefit by finding a way to lift the back of the system slightly without obscuring the air vents. Brian did a small review on "Laptop lifts" (IIRC) which are essentially small stick on rubber buffers that achieve this in a less ghetto way than books or a coke lid (what I generally use).

I'll be looking into physical mods for cooling, but they're likely to be somewhat extreme by normal standards. Don't attempt anything that will void your warranty unless you're absolutely sure.

Don't worry about asking "too many" questions, I understand the feeling and will do my best to answer anything you ask. Doesn't mean I'll always be correct though. :77:

So check this out - I tried a few things yesterday. I was getting frustrated that I couldn't even COMPLETE the heaven bench with 8xAA and full tessellation. I would get to about the 10th scene and be baking around 90/91C and end it. So I decided to investigate.

My reseller used WAAAY too much IC7. I reapplied it and did the foil tape mod on the heatsinks/exhausts, and now I can complete the bench and finish at 84C with stock speeds - extreme tessellation - and 8x AA. I understand that test isn't very realistic - but it gives me something to gauge by. I feel like I have wiggle room now because no game is likely to get ride my GPU like Heaven.

Then I was like - let me try a laptop cooler. It actually made me GAIN 3 degrees celsius. Kind of crazy. I got the NZXT Cryo X60. That thing moves air. My only guess is that it interferes with the exhaust.

So , prior to reading your post (which your posts are very informative and helpful - I am just impatient sometimes) I mounted something too my lapdesk (because gaming in a recliner is amazing) to raise the back end about 1/4 of an inch. I can finish the test at 82C like that. It's amazing how sensitive it can be haha. But that is only 2 degrees but hey, that's 2 degrees!

But I figured this info may help someone else. Don't trust your reseller and their ic7 application. If temperatures are higher than you think they should be, just reapply. Or save yourself 30 bucks and apply it yourself the first time! It really is easy. Just be gentle.

• Thumbs Up 2

@svl7 I was wondering if you could help me flash your modified bios to a CLEVO GTX675MX, Bios ver 80.04.58.00.05. I've tried to flash your modded bios and nvflash errors out with "Error: Mismatch in 256 byte page mode programming" Here is my original bios if it helps.

Do you have a Clevo notebook?

• Brian featured this topic