NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

Hello everyone, its been a while!

Was looking at the latest updates for the vBIOS, but I cant tell how recent they are. I think my last was "Clevo 680m - 80.04.33.00.10_'OCedition'_revised_01 - OV 1025v" from January 1st.

Also, for any Clevo P150EM owners, what stable clocks has everyone been running on? I'm interested in everyone's experiments as mine seems to have issues recently with going above 1k MHz (gonna do a clean run soon after the re-flash).

Anyways, how are them drinks, @svl7? ;P

Stuck with only 40% Tequila... oh well.

I was wondering if I should switch to an SLI laptop or not... I feel unsatisfied with performance of any machine (insatiable hunger basically). I've been looking at the P370EM, only issue being the no switchable graphics issue. But if the battery life is still 2 hours+, its fine. Weight isn't much an issue...I find the P150EM to be light.

Maybe I should wait? Seems I have become too anxious lately that I want to blow up some records for laptop performance. ;D

Although I have said weight isn't an issue. I don't like bulkiness. There be a difference. M17x would've been nice... but I don't want to mod one just to run GTX 680M's in SLI. Unless someone magically knows a release date on the new models... that would be nice.

YES, but for a regular flash use the EC update first:

P170EM EC 1.02.11

P170EM BIOS 1.02.14

hey prema, I have a sager np9150. Cant i use those links you have above to flash the ec and bios from the p170em onto my laptop? If so, what are the perks? I think i remember something about unlocked features in the bios (cpu, etc). i was thinking about doing it if possible, but i have an svl7 vbios on my card so not sure if im willing to commit.

hey prema, I have a sager np9150. Cant i use those links you have above to flash the ec and bios from the p170em onto my laptop? If so, what are the perks? I think i remember something about unlocked features in the bios (cpu, etc). i was thinking about doing it if possible, but i have an svl7 vbios on my card so not sure if im willing to commit.

These are the "proper" BIOS & EC for you model:

P150EM EC 1.02.11

P150EM BIOS 1.02.16

If you plan on crossflashing it to P170EM, you will gain Intel XTU compatibillity, which let's you OC 2720QM and upwards and change RAM timings.

You have to add the force flash command "/X" to the ".bat" files and it's best to also remove the /shutdown command for the EC flash to keep it from shutting down inbetween the flashs.

These are the "proper" BIOS & EC for you model:

P150EM EC 1.02.11

P150EM BIOS 1.02.16

If you plan on crossflashing it to P170EM, you will gain Intel XTU compatibillity, which let's you OC 2720QM and upwards and change RAM timings.

You have to add the force flash command "/X" to the ".bat" files and it's best to also remove the /shutdown command for the EC flash to keep it from shutting down inbetween the flashs.

nice, thanks for the info.

@svl7: If I did the above and cross-flashed to a p170em ec and bios, its safe to assume that your vbios flash on my 675mx wouldnt work anymore right? In that case im thinking I would have to flash the vbios back to original before doing the crossflash...

nice, thanks for the info.

@svl7: If I did the above and cross-flashed to a p170em ec and bios, its safe to assume that your vbios flash on my 675mx wouldnt work anymore right? In that case im thinking I would have to flash the vbios back to original before doing the crossflash...

Nope if the VBIOS works on latest P150EM it will work on latest P170EM, too. ;)

Nope if the VBIOS works on latest P150EM it will work on latest P170EM, too. ;)

Nice, thanks for the info again prema. Im not sure where to add the commands you mentioned in your previous post ( /X and /shutdown ) in the bin files. Would you be willing to private message me on how to do it? Don't want to get off topic in this thread

@darkhawk did you have the same problem too? And before installing the BETA EC for GT70(1762), is it necessary to update the bios or vbios or anything else first? I hate to risk bricking my pc so even at the price of some performance, if this one fix is all I need to stop the gpu throttling, I'm willing to live with that.

Sorry for the really late reply. Was traveling to Canada and haven't checked the boards in a few days....

It's not really necessary to update the BIOS for the VBIOS before the EC. For MSI, they're not linked in anyway.....

What I would caution though, is if you have a notebook that CAME with Windows 8 pre-installed. I'm not 100% certain how the EC will effect that. I know that the newer (Win8) versions of the GT70 do have a slightly different EC and BIOS. Mine came with Windows 7, so the BETA EC worked great, and I haven't had throttling issues EXCEPT when it gets too hot (as one would expect......This happens if I forget to turn the fan on HIGH....I'm old, sue me....).

Update the EC.

Maybe update the VBIOS afterwards so you can overclock past +135 MHz core, and you should be good to go.

@svl7

Any chance to get a proper GT650m unlocked Vbios?

I posted some informations about a very weird behavior from the GT650m Card on the Dell 7720 but you didn´t answer :(

http://forum.techinferno.com/dell-inspiron-dell-studio/2193-dell-inspiron-7720-650m-gddr5-modded-vbios-18.html#post40788

The card maxes out at 950mhz core. This is not much for this card, strange thing is, that voltage drops to 1012mv on high load.

Is it possible do a unlocked vbios with voltage mod? i think the voltage is the reason for instability issues if you go higher than 950mhz.

My temperatures are stable at 63°-65°C on high load. So we have some room. Or is there any chance to unlock the bios, so that you can adjust voltage via Nvidia Inspector or MSI Afterburner?

I'm having a problem with my P370, I've used nvflash before on my desktop (which is also SLI) but on this system I can't seem to make the second card take the flash. I've done it several times to both index locations but GPU1 (secondary) stubbornly refuses to go more than 135mhz extra. Attached GPUz screenshot of both cards in case it helps.

Anyone got any advice? I'm very sorry if this has come up in the thread before, I did try searching but couldn't find the tree for the forest.

48283740.png

Give this a try

nvflash -4 -5 -6 vbios.rom

Then hit Y twice for both cards.

Adding these last two make the whole process automated. Meaning no intervention and the computer reboots. And boots windows.

-y -A

nvflash -4 -5 -6 -y -A vbios.rom

• Thumbs Up 2

• Brian featured this topic