NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

@MrValle.

Just thought of something else you could try. If you suspect the PSU failing, remove the battery and run on the PSU alone. If it’s dropping out you’ll notice it this way.

This is an awesome idea man :D . I honestly thought of this sometime ago but totaly forgot. Thanks for getting it back :D. I shall try this right away.

@buluunee: MSI 675mx 4GB version added.

Download 670mx.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

ASUS G75VX GTX 670MX bios

I would really appreciate if the bios is modded for higher OC. The cooling is nice so it can go higher than the allowed overclock.

For this I need a dump of your bios, e.g. with the afuwinflash, or even better with this tool, and a GPU-Z screenshot. Also preferably of a recent bios.

• Thumbs Up 1

I tried unplugging the battery and running on AC, and flashed the latest modded DELL Vbios by SVL. i set core clock to +150 and started up Crysis 3 MP Beta.

When it reaches 69c it starts to throttle until temps go down to 58c and repeats like this all the time .

@SVL

Is there a way to modify the thermal throttling in the vBios, maybe even remove it since 69c isnt high temps. And on some other games i get higher temps without throttling at all (usually high 70´s). I even tried the catzilla benchmark and it reached whopping 84c on heavy settings but no throttling. This is really making my head spin o.O

The highest cpu temp recorded during this test was 77c which should be no problem right?

or maybe i need to undervolt my card.

I doubt that's vbios related, especially since it seems to be bound to certain games. What happens at stock clocks? What happens with the stock vbios? Is your BIOS up to date?

Hello all,

I'm currently using the Dell 680m - 80.04.5B.00.02_'OCedition'_revised_00 vBios. I can overclock via Afterburner or EVGA PrecisionX to 900 and the system is stable. However, if I try to go higher, let's say 940+, after some times playing or benchmarking the driver crashes or the pc freezes. Needless to say that the notebook is well-cooled and temps are always checked and optimal--CPU & GPUS never over-heat and there's no throttling whatsoever. So, my question goes to the M18x owners with 680m SLi who are using one of slv7 (amazing) vBios: what's the max core overclock you've managed to reach with stability, and what vBios are you using to do so?

For this I need a dump of your bios, e.g. with the afuwinflash, or even better with this tool, and a GPU-Z screenshot. Also preferably of a recent bios.

Backup via afuwinflash

screenhunter11feb062131.jpg

I am not very much familiar with bios flashing on mobile platforms. I tried FPTW64.EXE -d rom.rom but it is not working. Anyway I hope this helps. Thank you.

Ok, will take a look at it. For the ftp use -d filename.bin -bios

Thank you very much.

I used the command parameter and it takes me further but ends up with Error 75: "fparts.txt" file not found. The file is in the folder and yet it is not available. Maybe I should use a different folder.

Anyway I will try to resolve this on my own so that I do not bother you with these technicalities.

Edit:

The stock GTX 670MX bios in my first link was shared by another owner of G75VX on forums but I never got to learn how did he manage to backup the video bios. The NVFlash for Windows and under DOS do not work with this card. The device can not be read. Also GPU-Z does not work (device not supported).

Can someone help me with this. How can I create the backup rom?

Ok, will take a look at it. For the ftp use -d filename.bin -bios

Hi, I was wondering if you could tell me the latest name of the Dell 680 modded vBIOS you made and if this vBIOS is fully compatible with UEFI (Secure Boot and FastBoot). Is this Dell 680m - 80.04.5B.00.02_'OCedition'_revised_00.zip?

Sorry to ask this but I didn't find any dates on the vBIOS to check it up.

:) Thank you for your modding and time here.

@svl7 i just flashed the modded gtx 675mx 4gb msi and i think something is missing... did not unlock the core speed limit... also idle temp increased by 2 to 4C havent tested with bench or games since core speed is not unlocked....

the procedure which i took was put the nvflash and other exe file in my dos bootable flash along with the modded vbios.rom - restart pc entered bios mode to change my boot mode from UEFI to legacy and save exit - boot options selected usb stick then in the dos: dir -> nvflash -a -> nvflash -6 vbios.rom -> asked me to if i really want to flash the image after matching the ID of vbios -. Y -> then successfully updated

then i restarted my pc with ctrl +alt+del while pressing del to enter my bios to change back to UEFI boot mode and save exit and restarted.

those are the things i did however still 135mhz limit ^_^ how should i proceed?

update @svl7 the modded vbios seems working after i tried to flash with different code. i used -6 first time and then nothing changed in vbios... and the second time i used -4 for the flash command and now its flashed alright i think coz core speed is unlocked now ^_^i will write more feedback afterward while using it. coz just flashed it and have no idea how stable it is and temps etc.. also tnx mate

@svl7 Please look at my screenshot and tell me what you think. I like the performance but I'm kinda worried about those max temps. It's totally stable though I don't think I need it to run at this edge while playing games. I mean... I ran the crysis benchmark and it made 65fps average with everything on max (1900x1080). Btw, I think this is the very first time in my life when I actually think "Ok. I don't need more speed" :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2k1pdcn2jbsdkdc/newbench.jpg

Oh... I forgot to mention. I'm running your Clevo 680m - 80.04.67.00.01 'OCedition' revised_01 vbios. Thank you.

update @svl7 the modded vbios seems working after i tried to flash with different code. i used -6 first time and then nothing changed in vbios... and the second time i used -4 for the flash command and now its flashed alright i think coz core speed is unlocked now ^_^i will write more feedback afterward while using it. coz just flashed it and have no idea how stable it is and temps etc.. also tnx mate

I doubt it's due to the command ;) I fixed something and uploaded it again, as stated in my previous post.

@svl7 Please look at my screenshot and tell me what you think. I like the performance but I'm kinda worried about those max temps. It's totally stable though I don't think I need it to run at this edge while playing games. I mean... I ran the crysis benchmark and it made 65fps average with everything on max (1900x1080). Btw, I think this is the very first time in my life when I actually think "Ok. I don't need more speed" :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2k1pdcn2jbsdkdc/newbench.jpg

Performance is great! Temps are rather hot for this card... seems to be related to the Clevo systems. If you want lower temps you can try to mod the heatsink a bit in order to increase the pressure on the die.

• Thumbs Up 1

post-9642-14494994287021_thumb.jpg

okay here is the first benchmark with unlocked vbios modded by svl7 on gtx 675mx

stock voltage max 1.037

390mhz + on the core

780mhz +on the mem

max temp is 72C

kombustor Test pass!

seems stable with the first glims

edit: pic was too small so uploaded onto share site http://postimage.org/image/i8gjuo7tz/full/ and http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/5839851

Performance is great! Temps are rather hot for this card... seems to be related to the Clevo systems. If you want lower temps you can try to mod the heatsink a bit in order to increase the pressure on the die.

Naah. I'll just dial it down a bit. It's nice to know what this beast is capable of but I don't know of a game it couldn't run at max details without hiccups even @stock. Oh yeah, there is one. Witcher 2 if you turn on ubersampling it changes to a slideshow. I wonder what computer can run it with this feature on.

@MrValle.

Think my head is beginning to hurt too. I've re-read your posts and there sure is alot going on with your 680. It doesn't sound like a card that is developing failure. It appears to be performing beautifully during bench marking. I am running Borderlands 2 without issues, and you have ran it in the past without issues so something in your system, OS, hardware or firmware has to have changed for it not to be running properly now. Sorry for stating the obvious, but when you try so many different things to find a solution, it starts to get unclear just how exactly the system is behaving.

I would recommend that you start over from the beginning. Start by re-flashing the M18 motherboard bios, and re-check all the bios settings. Next perform a clean install of windows, and at this point only load the Cougar 66 chipset driver and nothing else. Then install the Nvidia 680M driver. Next install 3D Mark 11 and Nvidia Inspector and perform some benchmark tests. If results are good then install a network driver to gain access to the Web to download and I install Steam and Borderlands 2. Do not install any other drivers, no windows updates, no anti virus, absolutely nothing but what is required to get that game up and running. Then game and see if throttling occurs. Test and change only one thing at a time and build the system up slowly.

I'm happy to help compare settings and gaming performance if we stick to Borderlands 2 as we both have it. If it helps PM me and I'll give you my Skype details so we can arrange to perform testing live as it will greatly speed the process along rather than bouncing posts back and forth in this forum. Have a think and let me know.

• Brian featured this topic