NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

So I got some courage and flashed the same vbios that Meaker used to achieve his score, and both of svl7's overvolted ones. No go, booted fine and was able to recover. Windows gets stuck as soon as I log in so Dell cards + MSI/Clevo vbios = fail.

• Thumbs Up 6

I have tried on dell cards up to 915mhz core and the nice thing is, is that in games there is no throttle on intense usage. But in 3dm11 there is CRAZY fluctuations. It might be and hopefully is some form of artificial 3dmark protection. Here is a graph to illustrate my point.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/45543900/Capture3.PNG

• Founder
I have tried on dell cards up to 915mhz core and the nice thing is, is that in games there is no throttle on intense usage. But in 3dm11 there is CRAZY fluctuations. It might be and hopefully is some form of artificial 3dmark protection. Here is a graph to illustrate my point.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/45543900/Capture3.PNG

I think it has more to do with GPU utilization than anything else. Certain 3DMark tests probably push the GPU hard enough to where it throttles. Try a heavy DX 11 title and see if you get any throttling with the card overclocked. If not then who really cares about a synthetic test.

I think it has more to do with GPU utilization than anything else. Certain 3DMark tests probably push the GPU hard enough to where it throttles. Try a heavy DX 11 title and see if you get any throttling with the card overclocked. If not then who really cares about a synthetic test.

I've noticed my 680m throttling in the Metro 2033 benchmark and under certain intense situations playing Crysis 2.

• Founder
So I got some courage and flashed the same vbios that Meaker used to achieve his score, and both of svl7's overvolted ones. No go, booted fine and was able to recover. Windows gets stuck as soon as I log in so Dell cards + MSI/Clevo vbios = fail.

Thanks for testing @widezu69. There still might be a chance if the computer can boot though.

svl7 - thanks for the vBIOS mods. I've been pulling the hairs out of my bald head though trying to figure out random crashes. Turns out it was the 304.79 beta drivers the whole time. ;)

Please elaborate...I'm keen to learn as to what was wrong.

I've also got random crashes @ BF3 with svl7 1.037v vbios (@1037/2500) - also using 304.79 temps are OK (80c) - if you could elaborate, i'd be quite keen on knowing if the drivers are really the culprit or just my clocks are unstable with this vbios.

I also tried to lower clocks and same crashes are happening (1000/2400).

• Brian featured this topic