EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
svl7

NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

widezu do you know if flashing a 4gb or another subvendor bios will destroy our 2gb OEM aliewnare 680M's? (ie perma brick)

I might try it tomorrow. I have a spare GTX 580m/675m that I have as backup and I can always ring up Dell to get it replaced after it breaks.

• Thumbs Up 3

So I got some courage and flashed the same vbios that Meaker used to achieve his score, and both of svl7's overvolted ones. No go, booted fine and was able to recover. Windows gets stuck as soon as I log in so Dell cards + MSI/Clevo vbios = fail.

• Thumbs Up 6

That is disappointing and depressing. You're the man for testing that for us widezu69!

Can't svl7 edit the vbios to incorporate a throttle fix? Isn't that what had to be done for the Clevo one?

Trust Dell to gimp Nvidia cards again, idiots

I have tried on dell cards up to 915mhz core and the nice thing is, is that in games there is no throttle on intense usage. But in 3dm11 there is CRAZY fluctuations. It might be and hopefully is some form of artificial 3dmark protection. Here is a graph to illustrate my point.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/45543900/Capture3.PNG

I think it has more to do with GPU utilization than anything else. Certain 3DMark tests probably push the GPU hard enough to where it throttles. Try a heavy DX 11 title and see if you get any throttling with the card overclocked. If not then who really cares about a synthetic test.

check out the gpu usage on that graph I had linked - it is about sustained 97% on both over 6 minutes. That exact scenario would have pushed our poor gimped 580s to throttletown for about 5.5min straight lol with their OEM throttle vbios.

I think it has more to do with GPU utilization than anything else. Certain 3DMark tests probably push the GPU hard enough to where it throttles. Try a heavy DX 11 title and see if you get any throttling with the card overclocked. If not then who really cares about a synthetic test.

I've noticed my 680m throttling in the Metro 2033 benchmark and under certain intense situations playing Crysis 2.

I just find your topic here, I have an Asus G51vx like to know if you have any bios mod for gtx260m

So I got some courage and flashed the same vbios that Meaker used to achieve his score, and both of svl7's overvolted ones. No go, booted fine and was able to recover. Windows gets stuck as soon as I log in so Dell cards + MSI/Clevo vbios = fail.

Thanks for testing @widezu69. There still might be a chance if the computer can boot though.

Any results on the two versions of the MSI test bioses? I will be testing these out later this week when I receive my machine.

svl7 - thanks for the vBIOS mods. I've been pulling the hairs out of my bald head though trying to figure out random crashes. Turns out it was the 304.79 beta drivers the whole time. ;)

• Thumbs Up 2

svl7 - thanks for the vBIOS mods. I've been pulling the hairs out of my bald head though trying to figure out random crashes. Turns out it was the 304.79 beta drivers the whole time. ;)

Please elaborate...I'm keen to learn as to what was wrong.

I've also got random crashes @ BF3 with svl7 1.037v vbios (@1037/2500) - also using 304.79 temps are OK (80c) - if you could elaborate, i'd be quite keen on knowing if the drivers are really the culprit or just my clocks are unstable with this vbios.

I also tried to lower clocks and same crashes are happening (1000/2400).