svl7

NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

Posted (edited)

Anybody know if the 880m Dell vbios will still work with Alienwares latest A14 Bios update? If the Bios version does not matter would I be able to get it somehow as I am still unable to download for some reason. Thanks in advance

Edited by wizzowazzup
more information

Posted (edited)

Hi, I would like to know what value to I need to push to have more voltage on my K4000M (DELL) ?

f7001ff0fbbac992a11a7ef01fa5a3721c833f14

Here a screenshot of the bios, so to increase the voltage of the core in full load I need to push the "CLK 30" right ?

Here is a link of the bios that I already flash and I could push my K4000M to 980MHz/2100MHz but I want more since I'm at 65°c on full load :)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/j3d2go94ezwg316/K4000MOC.rom/file

I don't want you to mod the bios but to indicate me what voltage should be push in order to increase the full load voltage :)

edit : and also if I'm right, the only thing to do to "unlock overclocking" is to change the value of the "Min GPC" in the second "P00 profile" on the boost states tab ? 

Edited by TheQuentincc

I recently acquired a Gt60 for cheap! I'm still learning all about the tweaks that can be done. Hoping for the best. 

On 07/10/2018 at 02:11, Klem said:

Oi!

Não, mas podemos preparar esse vbios para o seu cartão. Verifique o PM.

Hi could you modify the bios of my 780m from a g750jh ..?  I would like to unlock to overclock ..    GK104.rom

9 minutes ago, arieslokuts said:

Hi could you modify the bios of my 780m from a g750jh ..?  I would like to unlock to overclock ..    GK104.rom

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

Posted (edited)

Hey could you help me to mod my vBios on Asus rog GL551JW 860m 2gb? For some reason I'm unable to extract the vbios, if you have interest in helping me, ill try my best in extracting vbios.

Edited by rradij

5 hours ago, TheCodeBreaker said:

Maybe @Klem can help if hes not too busy with other projects?

Hi!

Ok. Your vBIOS with unlocked Nvidia limit +135 MHz done. Check your PM.

10 hours ago, Klem said:

Hi!

Ok. Your vBIOS with unlocked Nvidia limit +135 MHz done. Check your PM.

Thank you Klem, Your a beast! Just got to working on it a bit ago. Works great, and the voltage is adjustable too now.

Here is a screenshot under furmark: https://imgur.com/a/q0QsVoS

I was also wondering about one other thing. I have an Alienware 18 that I have flashed with the 780M OC edition vbios (im not sure which revision though.)

I did not notice any gains in any benchmarks, im not sure if its the bios (I was on A14 and reverted back to A12), but I have not seen any gains.

I attached the original rom and the one I flashed.

ORIGINAL.ROM

OC.rom

12 minutes ago, TheCodeBreaker said:

I did not notice any gains in any benchmarks, im not sure if its the bios (I was on A14 and reverted back to A12), but I have not seen any gains.

I think that you can see any gains only after you will overclock your card in Nvidia Inspector.

9 minutes ago, Klem said:

I think that you can see any gains only after you will overclock your card in Nvidia Inspector.

My bad, I forgot to mention that I overclocked it in Nvidia inspector, I just see very small gains. and any time I go any higher than 950~ (even with voltage adjusted adequately) something fails, either the benchmark or windows.

Temps and everything are good, even did a repaste on the GPU dies.

11 minutes ago, TheCodeBreaker said:

My bad, I forgot to mention that I overclocked it in Nvidia inspector, I just see very small gains. and any time I go any higher than 950~ (even with voltage adjusted adequately) something fails, either the benchmark or windows.

Temps and everything are good, even did a repaste on the GPU dies.

Silicon - it's a lottery, some cards can be overclocked more, but some just a little bit only. I think that may be your GTX 780M can't be overclock more then 950 or 940 MHz. It's normal.

1 hour ago, Klem said:

Silicon - it's a lottery, some cards can be overclocked more, but some just a little bit only. I think that may be your GTX 780M can't be overclock more then 950 or 940 MHz. It's normal.

Pretty weird honestly. Never had that much bad luck in the past haha, thought maybe the PSU or something else honestly

This card overclocks like crazy though lolhttps://imgur.com/a/p5UGqFD

I am using kepler bios tweaker to Change GPU Voltage and Core clocks i have K3000M i setted it to more then 1059Mhz Core clock and 1.37 Voltage

Hey @Klem, I figured out a way to unbrick my GPUs.

Apparently svl7 put that splash screen so no one can steal it. and anyone that would try to remove the splash screen would brick the GPU.

Do you want to take another go at the original vbios of the 780M?

Dell XPS 15 L521X - 640m

I'm looking for a temperature limit mod, to raise the GPU throttle level in bios A14 to the levels in A04. I tried the Kepler bios tweaker though it lacks temperature options. NiBiTor is too outdated to support this model. If it can be completely unlocked then this would be great, though the temperature tweak is most important. I did try to see in nvflash would work, while it can see the Nvidia adapter it does not recognise the EEPROM thus will not dump or write directly. Though I am unsure if the temperature limit is set within the vBios at all, since L521X bios A06 is when the temperature limit got nerfed and locked at 80°C, though a direct hex compare of the vBios of A04 & A06 finds them both to be identical. The attached Roms are the extracted vBios versions.

Any helpers?

A14.rom

A06.rom

A04.rom

Hello. I have quadro 3000m inside my Dell m6600. My problem is how to edit vbios? I try clocks  gpu 720 shader 1440 memory clock 1800 and is ok. I would like edit vbios. I need help please. Below my orginal vbios

GF104.rom