NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

36 minutes ago, Bloetschkopf said:

Be carefull,the Card don`t must be broken.

In some Dell You also can`t use K4100M or K5100M,the M6700 is a Modell like this.

A K4000M and K5000M are works fine,but K4100M and K5100M are have Issues like Yours.

I sold around 4 Weeks ago a K4100M to a People with M6700,he also have Problems like this.

If he use HDMI or his Dockingstation the Notebook makes Blackscreens or switched of.

We change it to a K4000m and all was clear,but the Card was allready OK.

Look for a K4100M,for this Card You can get a MSI Vbios.

A K4000M or K5000M with HP Vbios should also work,but without Guarantee.

I tested my K5100M in a M6800 workstation and it had issues...

After enter in Windows while in idle it would be fine, but if i opened a 3D software i would get a bluescreen. Also if I connected the hdmi I would get issues...

This GPU in my msi would give red dots / rectangles in the screen and the driver was always stopping...

I tried HP and Clevo vBios, and also a vBios that was posted here in this forum supposedly for an MSI GT70, but i still had issues...

I tried original and overclocked vbios and always with the same issue....

In the dell workstation that I tested, the driver was the official one from Dell and i had no issues installing, because dell sells the M6800 with the K5100M. And this gpu was from one of these workstations...

I have the vbios for the MSI K4100M (and also others), so i just need to see if i can get a good deal to buy one and test in my laptop...

Thanks a Lot for The tips... I need to see what I can get...

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 9:44 AM, Bloetschkopf said:

Thanks....

That seems a good deal... I will check things out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know how to remove the graphics card whitelist from a Dell M6600 bios?  If so I'd be very grateful.  I am trying to make my Quadro K3100m work with my laptop and it freezes at the blue windows loading window.

Here is a link to the newest bios for the M6600:

https://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER01772111M/1/M6600A15.exe

• Bios Modder
14 hours ago, gazzac said:

I have GTX660m on my MSI ,  I migrate to Ubuntu. all is good but I cant run the  GC cores faster. I use it to calculus.... 

Same ideas

Thanks

I think that in your case the best choice is overclock GPU by default via vbios.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Klem said:

I think that in your case the best choice is overclock GPU by default via vbios.

my bios was

Mainboard:  MS-16GA
PCB Version:  REV:1.0
BIOS Version: E16GAIMS.511
BIOS Date:  10.04.2012
EC-FW Version: 
This version I flash in UEFI mod:
BIOS Version:                 E16GAIMS.514 (from the official MSI page)
BIOS Release Date:            2013/03/12
EC Version:                   16GAEMS1 Ver5.04, 09/18/2012
CPU:                          Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz
Memory:                       16 GB @ 800 MHz
                               - 8192 MB, -1600,

My Laptop came whit WINDOWS 8 ,But I change it ! 

I dont use UEFI , I use GRUB . May be  for that reason I cant flash ?

All time I got error or  3 or 18

Now I wont to flash Moded ROM , BUT i,v got error (In the bios I disable Secure Boot )
18 - Error: unable to start Secure Flash session
whit GE60_E16GAIMS.10F_My mod for OC

and E16GAIMS.514 (from the official MSI page, and the same error.

18 - Error: unable to start Secure Flash session

And After this I download my own bios  whit BIOS_Backup_TooKit,  whit the AMIBCP.exe  I change all to USER
and I got moded bios .

When I try to return flashed BIOS(in UEFI mode),Ive got :
3 error rom file size does not match existing bios size
 I read,  the problem is in flash,nsh HASH

I think to try flash the BIOS without HDD, may be the BIOS detect my configuration (GRUB, not uefi )_??
How I can solve it ?
Thank You

Edited by gazzac

4 hours ago, Klem said:

No, but we can make it.

Thats great news.

I attached my current bios. I bought this card as a hp branded and have sucsesfully changed bios for dell and got it work in my M4700.

What can we do with this bios? Just unlock or can change clock for GT750m?

THX [;

GK104-80.06.7D.00.06.rom

• Bios Modder
1 hour ago, pawkaster said:

Hi, flashed this BIOS successfully. However voltage adjustment is still disabled. How can I enable it? Thanks.

Please, post here screenshot in NVIDIA Inspector (whole window with overclock sliders).

33 minutes ago, Klem said:

Please, post here screenshot in NVIDIA Inspector (whole window with overclock sliders).

Hi, I was using MSI afterburner, and voltage slider was disabled. However after your post I tried NVIDIA Inspector, and voltage adjustment is available there. This is strange. Please see screenshot below.

scrnsht.jpg

Small edit. I tried to edit voltage in Inspector, but it seems that it's not saving.  Please take a look at this screenshot. Voltage is set to -12.5 mV, however label above scale is still 0mV and it's not changed on the left side. It's still 1012 mV.

scrnsht2.jpg

Edited by pawkaster

• Bios Modder
1 hour ago, wonz64 said:

Thats great news.

I attached my current bios. I bought this card as a hp branded and have sucsesfully changed bios for dell and got it work in my M4700.

What can we do with this bios? Just unlock or can change clock for GT750m?

THX [;

GK104-80.06.7D.00.06.rom

This is for you.

If you want the same clocks as GTX 750M, then flash this mod vbios and try overclock (with NVIDIA Inspector) your card (core and memory). Also increase voltage if it needs. When you find stable clock and voltage, then we can flash it in vbios.

GK104-80.06.7D.00.06.zip

• Bios Modder
7 minutes ago, pawkaster said:

Hi, I was using MSI afterburner, and voltage slider was disabled. However after your post I tried NVIDIA Inspector, and voltage adjustment is available there. This is strange. Please see screenshot below.

scrnsht.jpg

All settings unlocked. :) MSI Afterburner can't change voltage for all NVIDIA mobile cards. Just use NVIDIA Inspector.

But if you need (for some reason) use MSI Afterburner, then you can try this trick:

Step 1: Go to your MSI Afterburner Profiles folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI Afterburner\Profiles)
Step 2: Right-click the file named "VEN_10DE&DEV..." and go > Properties > Security
Step 3: Select "Edit" and then click on "Users (username\Users)" and with the permission boxes below, check "Allow" for the first box - Full control. Click OK and OK again (this allows the file to be saved after editing it).
Step 4: Now you can open the file named "VEN_10DE&DEV..." in WordPad and replace everything you see with this:

[Startup]
Format=2
CoreVoltageBoost=
PowerLimit=
ThermalLimit=
ThermalPrioritize=
CoreClkBoost=
MemClkBoost=
[Settings]
VDDC_Generic_Detection=1

Step 5: Save the file and restart MSI Afterburner
Step 6: Go into MSI Afterburner settings and check the boxes under General > "Unlock voltage control" and "Unlock voltage monitoring" then click OK and restart Afterburner.
Final: GPU voltage control is unlocked and can be used now up to +100mV as well as monitoring GPU voltage in the OSD.