EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
svl7

NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

7 hours ago, Klem said:

Two variants, +50mv one and a +75mv one.

Mod50.rar

Mod75.rar

Thanks! I tried them both but I didnt get any extra overclock out of it (still stuck at +440 core , +730 memory) but i did notice something very odd. 

I used to use HWINFO64 to get the GPU voltage , however now with the new VBIOS you provided, I get blank info for the GPU sensors . No voltage. I cannot tell if it is actually increased or not??????

4 hours ago, warrimonk said:

Thanks! I tried them both but I didnt get any extra overclock out of it (still stuck at +440 core , +730 memory) but i did notice something very odd. 

I used to use HWINFO64 to get the GPU voltage , however now with the new VBIOS you provided, I get blank info for the GPU sensors . No voltage. I cannot tell if it is actually increased or not??????

I think that the best way after any flashed vbios, reinstall Nvidia drivers with option "Clean Install".

Also you can use the programs GPU-Z and Nvidia Inspector for monitoring GPU parametrs (voltage, clocks, etc.).

Is there anybody that unlocked the vbios for k5000m dell

80.04.5A.00.05

I can donate some beer money, but i havw a request to unlock it, please.

1 hour ago, msigx said:

Is there anybody that unlocked the vbios for k5000m dell

80.04.5A.00.05

I can donate some beer money, but i havw a request to unlock it, please.

Just post here your vbios.

Ok. But i need the newer one like my vbios to unlock, because 33 is too old.

As soon as i get the cqrd i will get a vbios straight from it (take the dump with gpuz or something else)?

7 hours ago, msigx said:

Ok. But i need the newer one like my vbios to unlock, because 33 is too old.

As soon as i get the cqrd i will get a vbios straight from it (take the dump with gpuz or something else)?

Take the dump with GPU-Z or NVflash.

1 hour ago, fisher01 said:

Hello, how can I download the files ? Thanks

Read

On 3/21/2016 at 3:21 PM, Klem said:

Take the dump with GPU-Z or NVflash.

hey man, pls check out my topic. ur pm box is full, had to bring to ur attention here. i would be grateful if u help

Edited by iAchilles

I'm unable to download the vBIOS file. Is there any way I can get this? I also have a question...I have an Alienware 18 (mid 2013) with 770m SLI and am just wondering if the Nvidia 770m vBIOS in the file is the right one for my system if I can get it. Thank you for your time in advance.

8 minutes ago, Klem said:

I understand. Thanks for such a quick response. I knew all that already and didn't even think about it...lol. I only login every so often and haven't been here in a couple months or so. 

I tried installing the vbios for the 780m provided here. Even though it was overclocked there was literally 0 performance gains. Temps are fine, nothing above average. Can anyone explain the point of the overlocked vbios with no gain

31 minutes ago, TheCodeBreaker said:

I tried installing the vbios for the 780m provided here. Even though it was overclocked there was literally 0 performance gains. Temps are fine, nothing above average. Can anyone explain the point of the overlocked vbios with no gain

It's not overclocked, it's unlocked and modified vBIOS. Special for overclocking. After you flash it, then you need overclock your card by yourself with program NVIDIA Inspector.

2 hours ago, Klem said:

It's not overclocked, it's unlocked and modified vBIOS. Special for overclocking. After you flash it, then you need overclock your card by yourself with program NVIDIA Inspector.

stock clocks are 771 for the gpu clock, the one I flashed was at 850. I get that it provides for further overclocking headroom. 

but whats the difference if the 70Mhz provides for no gain. Or is it just false readings from the start? 

Everywhere I read or check the specs of the 780M it is said to be 771 MHz

Sidenote: when I did try to overclock beyond what the modded vbios was at, it would crash even with increased voltage.

when you over clock the GPU, it doesn't heat more than usual?

3 hours ago, LFS1992 said:

when you over clock the GPU, it doesn't heat more than usual?

Temps are all normal. nothing out of the ordinary.

http://imgur.com/71CjOf7

overclocked it a bit more for a stable run. pretty much the same score on stock. -800 points or so.

http://imgur.com/YVuOC2W

I figured it was the power limit, decided to increase that, double checked that both video cards are overclocked, and yes they are. Still the same issue. no performance gains even with further overclocking...

Any Ideas?

Edited by TheCodeBreaker

6 hours ago, TheCodeBreaker said:

Temps are all normal. nothing out of the ordinary.

http://imgur.com/71CjOf7

overclocked it a bit more for a stable run. pretty much the same score on stock. -800 points or so.

http://imgur.com/YVuOC2W

I figured it was the power limit, decided to increase that, double checked that both video cards are overclocked, and yes they are. Still the same issue. no performance gains even with further overclocking...

Any Ideas?

Before you flash a modified BIOS, you need a little bit to learn of overclocking. It's not as easy as it seems. For first step increase memory clock from 2500MHz to 3000MHz (+500). Then increase core clock from 850MHz to 950-980MHz. Click "Apply" to save this settings. Then run 3D Mark 2011 and look at the score. Then set default settings and run 3D Mark 2011 again and compare score.

Also you need monitoring all card perimeters in GPU-Z (monitoring window).

Edited by Klem

18 minutes ago, Klem said:

Before you flash a modified BIOS, you need a little bit to learn of overclocking. It's not as easy as it seems. For first step increase memory clock from 2500MHz to 3000MHz (+500). Then increase core clock from 850MHz to 950-980MHz. Click "Apply" to save this settings. Then run 3D Mark 2011 and look at the score. Then set default settings and run 3D Mark 2011 again and compare score.

Also you need monitoring all card perimeters in GPU-Z (monitoring window).

You know what, maybe your right. Maybe its the benchmark afterall. Ill do similar runs with 3dmark 11. 

I do however think that the GPUs are not running at the clocks visible, either that, or there is some sort of TDP limit to the cards.

I'm doing a run with the clocks youve saide, memory slightly lower because I really dont want it crashing, and just want a stable run with a mediocre overclock.

My goal is not to overclock the GPUs. My question is what is the difference between the stock clocks dell provided and the one slv7 provided, if there is no gain. Even when overclocked, the cards do not give any gains. 

PS: not my first overclocking attempt, I've done countless overclocks in the past, even a couple of trophies on HWBOT :D 

It's very strange. Other guys with this mod vbios from svl7, get very nice results. After correctly overclock, graphic performance increase about +26%.  Maybe you doing something wrong. Power Limit and  Power Target already unlocked and already increased in this vbios.

Dear @Prema

I already flashed the @svl7 vBios it's working fine up to now, but I have a limited Power and Voltage, how can I get more, please see the attached pictures comparison between the svl7 settings and my settings.

When I apply this OC settings and start some games like Far Cry 4 the temp go fast to reach 90~93 is this normal? 

Regards.

My Settings.PNG

svl7_fullControl2.JPG

Edited by Dr. AMK

On 3/30/2016 at 7:07 AM, Dr. AMK said:

Dear @Prema

I already flashed the @svl7 vBios it's working fine up to now, but I have a limited Power and Voltage, how can I get more, please see the attached pictures comparison between the svl7 settings and my settings.

When I apply this OC settings and start some games like Far Cry 4 the temp go fast to reach 90~93 is this normal? 

Regards.

My Settings.PNG

svl7_fullControl2.JPG

I will try and explain this the best way I can.  First of all if you are hitting temps like that just playing games like Far Cry 4, You need to re-think and re-evaluate your overclocks. Your system should not hit 93C as with that temp it is probably thermal throttling to protect itself from being fried. So go easy with the overclocking, no need to push it so hard for no good reason.

As for your other inquiry about the additional voltage, that is a "no go bro", for 2 reasons, firstly most cards are meant to be running at certain voltages, anything passed the amount given unlocked is what you can push it to, anything past that the card will not boot. Atleast that is as far as my experience goes with AMD cards, im pretty sure Nvidia is the same. Second reason, Your already producing an excess heat amount, more voltage = more heat = more thermal throttle ~= less performance.

My recommendation for overclocking, go from stock clocks increase by 50 mhz at a time, run a benchmark, temps should be the same on average. if it fails, increase voltage slightly. check temps again, make sure they are within the threshold. 

The voltage and power range visible in the picture is probably from earlier times when that program was probably not reading it correctly or something. Either way, you dont need more voltage, you have enough heat. do what i mentioned above.

Also, Mar7aba xD 

On 3/30/2016 at 6:07 AM, Klem said:

It's very strange. Other guys with this mod vbios from svl7, get very nice results. After correctly overclock, graphic performance increase about +26%.  Maybe you doing something wrong. Power Limit and  Power Target already unlocked and already increased in this vbios.

Tbh, I dont know what the issue could be, I know people have reported awesome benchmarks, I am yet to see it. Maybe its because I updated to the latest dell bios, maybe thats locking it down? I dont know tbh, Im going to mess with it later, unless you have some sort of suggestion.

• Thumbs Up 1