NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

Hey guys, I have an m18x r2 with two gtx 675m, will the vbios for the 675mx work?

Definitely not, it's a completely different card! One is Fermi, the other one is Kepler, different architectures even.

Hey i was wondering if this is the newest vbios for the Nvidia GTX 765m? Also what settings can I put it to once flashed to get the most out of my video card?

You must know which vendor you got before flashing, Clevo/AW/Asus..

Plus you will have access to voltage settings, unlocked clocks/memory slider :D

I own alienware 18 with 770 sli. Repasted with liquid ultra. Got 1150/5900 @ 1,15v with max temp 72celc

Στάλθηκε από το SM-N9005 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Hi. How do you got 1150mhz? My gtx770m throttles down with 1150, but with 1140 it's working ok.

Hi Everyone,

Having some problems with my 880M graphic card, I'm not allowed to OC it, even just a little, so I started reading about it and discovered some of the problems.

I'm no technician, but I can follow basic instructions, so I've tried to install the 327.23 Driver for the 780M card, but it's failing every time.

I did remove my old drivers with Display Driver Uninstaller.

Tried to edit the Nvdmn.INF in the folder for Nvidia setup of 327.23, but still failing. Editted it according to this: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/770685/gtx-880m-with-driver-327-23-need-to-mod-inf-/

I'm not sure if the instructions are correct, never the less I'm failing the installation.

Any insight of what I can do/try to install it?

Any help is appreciated.

Hi, any chance I can get the stock vBIOS from a MSI GTX 680M of 2GB version?

I've seen some ppl talking about it, but I'm unable to find it, only 4GB :(

Since I adquired a Dell 2GB version for a MS-1762 barebone, finding that MSI 2GB version would be the solution.

The hardware ID says: VEN_10DE&DEV_11A0&SUBSYS_05511462

wich is a mess because

SUBSYS_05511028 is for MSI

and

SUBSYS_10BC1462 is for DELL

Hi Everyone,

Having some problems with my 880M graphic card, I'm not allowed to OC it, even just a little, so I started reading about it and discovered some of the problems.

I'm no technician, but I can follow basic instructions, so I've tried to install the 327.23 Driver for the 780M card, but it's failing every time.

I did remove my old drivers with Display Driver Uninstaller.

Tried to edit the Nvdmn.INF in the folder for Nvidia setup of 327.23, but still failing. Editted it according to this: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/770685/gtx-880m-with-driver-327-23-need-to-mod-inf-/

I'm not sure if the instructions are correct, never the less I'm failing the installation.

Any insight of what I can do/try to install it?

Any help is appreciated.

Zombiewarpig (on Geforce.com) looks like he's given you instructions that should work, which originally came from j95. Here's a guide to modding inf files for installing drivers on non-standard cards:

http://forum.techinferno.com/nvidia/5249-%5Bguide%5D-modding-nvidia-oem-inf-files.html

Have a look at this one too:

http://forum.techinferno.com/nvidia/6307-%5Balienware%5D-aftermarket-upgrades-driver-support-modded-inf.html

Hi guys,

I need your help. Yesterday i've updated the vBios of my 780m. The system called me that the subId of the pci-adapter doesn't equal. I answered the question, if it should be overwritten, with yes. After updating the vBios the notebook doesn't see the gpu anymore and I couldn't restore the backup oft the vBios because I delete it accidently.

Is there any possibility to rescue my GPU? Who can help me?

I'm looking forward for your feedback,

Best regards Roman

@Robbo

Thanks, regarding the Nvidia site, that wasn't me asking there, it was just what I could find.

The other links were very helpful. I think my problem was Disabling the forced driver signing, and also the instructions from the Nvidia site, also my card was 05AD, found in device manager.

Anyways now the driver is installed and working. Better settings and FPS archieved, however whenever I use MSi afterburner, it's not recognizing my 880M now. Any ideas for this? I'll search around the net too.

@Robbo

Thanks, regarding the Nvidia site, that wasn't me asking there, it was just what I could find.

The other links were very helpful. I think my problem was Disabling the forced driver signing, and also the instructions from the Nvidia site, also my card was 05AD, found in device manager.

Anyways now the driver is installed and working. Better settings and FPS archieved, however whenever I use MSi afterburner, it's not recognizing my 880M now. Any ideas for this? I'll search around the net too.

Maybe try using a different overclocking program like NVidia Inspector, or check you have the latest version of Afterburner.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi guys,

I need your help. Yesterday i've updated the vBios of my 780m. The system called me that the subId of the pci-adapter doesn't equal. I answered the question, if it should be overwritten, with yes. After updating the vBios the notebook doesn't see the gpu anymore and I couldn't restore the backup oft the vBios because I delete it accidently.

Is there any possibility to rescue my GPU? Who can help me?

I'm looking forward for your feedback,

Best regards Roman

I thought I remembered that there was a reservoir of stock vBIOS files listed somewhere on Tech Inferno, but I couldn't find them right now. Maybe have a look around here on Tech Inferno to see if you can find it. Or hopefully someone with the same model of laptop & GPU can post the vBIOS up for you - you'll have to list your laptop model though.

Hi Robbo,

thank you for your answer. Yesterday i only found this site

Video Bios Collection | techPowerUp

but the

Subsystem Id doesn't equals the one i have.

Im at the moment in work so i couldn't give the detailed information of my card.

I have a ONE K73-3N (Clevo p170sm) with an gtx 780m. So if someone of you have this PC please helpt me with the vBios.

When I'm at hom i post detailled information.

best regards,

Roman

ok, i think I have solved the problem with help of forum members and theirs input. I originaly flashed the vBios with the nvFlash windows version before I get the corrupt status of my 780m. At least I downloaded the actual not windows version of nvflash and tried a reflash of the vBios. With the first version i have found in inet i get the message that the version of nvflash is to low. So I've searched again and have found this one->NVFlash download version 5.163.0.1 After flashing with this version and uninstall temp wrong pcie driver entries in device manager i could install my prefered nvidia driver. I also see the display adapter. It looks like my problem is solved.

Thank you for your feedback,

Hi Guys,

Just put the custom firmware for my 880m on and all seem'd to go well but now when I try and update or install the official geforce drivers it doesn't recognize the device as a Nvidia graphics card in device manager.

Its a MSI GT60 with a GTX880M 8GB.

*Edit*

Just tried a few things recommended here and on other sites such as:

- Using alternative versions of NVflash

- Trying with DOS and windows CMD versions of NVflash

- different drivers such as original (drivers on the disc) & new (direct from Geforce website)

- modified drivers as per the instructions here: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/770685/gtx-880m-with-driver-327-23-need-to-mod-inf-/

- tried changing the values on the modified drivers (such as chaning 05AE to 05AA or 1105, depending on if I'm testing with stock vbios or modded vbios)

- tried manually forcing device manager to install the original, new and modified drivers

still searching... any assistance would be greatly appreciated :)

Now I could download it, thanks.

And I have a trouble. When I installed 780m bios from first page and restarted laptop, the screen was minimazed to 640x480 and after this has a great lag then I could only reboot. When windows start again - it didn't see my gtx780m - only intel graphics 4600. I returned my old bios. Why modified bios didn't work, anybody knows?

First of all, slv7 I would like to thank you very much for helping us all out. I personally had the flickering issue with my Sager NP-93780-S and the SLI 780M, and your BIOS fixed it. I've been running it for over a year now with no problems whatsoever, even when overclocking! I'm just wondering if by any chance you could remove the splash screen that pops up when I start my laptop and re-post it, I would highly appreciate that. Thanks again!

What's the best achievable OC's on an M17x R4 w/ my 680M. I was testing the unlocked vBIOS back in the day but haven't messed with OC'ing recently. I have the older mod installed that caps out at around +135 bringing me up to around 888 on the core. Did an Arkham Origins benchmark and gained 5fps bumping it up from stock. Before OC 33 fps average, after OC 38 fps average. Would like to go further, if possible.

• Brian featured this topic