NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

Thank you!

You sir, have my permission.

I only ask one thing. That you post it in it's entirety, please.

Of course!

Thank you. I and my fellows in our Korean forum are always thankful to you and svl7 for your state-of-art unlocked vbios and alienware bios.

Hope to see 880m unlocked vbios soon!

Really appreciate your jobs~!

@Supplix, how did you manage to increase the voltage if you've not get a modified vBIOS? Did you design one yourself? (I thought all Kepler cards had zero voltage control unless you flashed a modded vBIOS.)

I just moved the cursor into nvidia inspector !

Ok, I really don't understand what I am doing wrong now. I have been trying to unlock the core voltage setting on msi afterburner for 19+ hours now, on my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M that is in my Alienware 14. I downloaded the file on the first page of this thread named "Dell 765m - 80.06.64.00.01 'OC edition' (AW 14).zip", I got it downloaded and unziped it. Then I took the file (not the read me) and put it into my nvflash folder. I ran nvflash, it said successful, restarted my computer, went back into msi, changed the settings in msi to unlock voltage control... and still nothing. :(

This is really frustrating, I have been at this for so long now with no success. Can someone please help me to get this working? Please, I will be so happy if anyone could help me fix this and get it working.

Thankyou

Electrodarts

Here is my GT70

3920XM, GTX 880m with stock vbios and stock clock,

post-6915-14494997563603_thumb.png

and here is OC to +50 clock and +120 memory.

post-6915-14494997564503_thumb.png

With stock clock or overclock,it is throttling,when OC over than +50,it always crash.

At stock vbios,voltage is adjustable,but when I OV to 1000mv its got more seriously throttling.

Here is the stock clock with OV to 1000mv

post-6915-14494997565381_thumb.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok, I really don't understand what I am doing wrong now. I have been trying to unlock the core voltage setting on msi afterburner for 19+ hours now, on my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M that is in my Alienware 14. I downloaded the file on the first page of this thread named "Dell 765m - 80.06.64.00.01 'OC edition' (AW 14).zip", I got it downloaded and unziped it. Then I took the file (not the read me) and put it into my nvflash folder. I ran nvflash, it said successful, restarted my computer, went back into msi, changed the settings in msi to unlock voltage control... and still nothing. :(

This is really frustrating, I have been at this for so long now with no success. Can someone please help me to get this working? Please, I will be so happy if anyone could help me fix this and get it working.

Thankyou

Electrodarts

Ah, have a go using NVidia Inspector instead (right click, "Run as Administrator"). Afterburner doesn't allow for all the possible parameters to be changed.

Thank you Robbo for the reply. I am having a new problem now. Before when I did the nvflash it said it was successful, but then wen I couldnt get the voltage turned up with afterburner and it didn't work I went back to nvflash and flashed agian with my previous backup .rom. Now that I know I should have been using Nvidia Inspector I tried flashing back to the .rom that I downloaded from here, but this time instead of saying successful or before I can even type in "y" for yes it says "ERROR: No NVIDIA display adapters found". Really confused why this time it isn't working.

Again please help.

Thankyou

Electrodarts

Thank you Robbo for the reply. I am having a new problem now. Before when I did the nvflash it said it was successful, but then wen I couldnt get the voltage turned up with afterburner and it didn't work I went back to nvflash and flashed agian with my previous backup .rom. Now that I know I should have been using Nvidia Inspector I tried flashing back to the .rom that I downloaded from here, but this time instead of saying successful or before I can even type in "y" for yes it says "ERROR: No NVIDIA display adapters found". Really confused why this time it isn't working.

Again please help.

Thankyou

Electrodarts

I don't know much about nvflash, I've only flashed my GPU twice, I simply followed the instructions that are linked in the first post of this thread, here's the link to the instructions:

http://forum.techinferno.com/nvidia-video-cards/2166-%5Bguide%5D-nvidia-vbios-flashing.html#post28018

If that doesn't work after following them closely then post back here and maybe someone else can help you out.

guys what driver is the best for performance @ the 780m with the unlocked bios?

I see everyone hitting 8600~ 3dmark11 p scores.

I got 7,601 without the bios @ stock.

and about 7900 with the unlocked bios @ +150 / +400.

Doesn't make any sense to me.

Alienware 17 here btw

4700MQ

@win7 64bit

Ok, so not really sure what was done differently, but I just decided to give nvflash a try again today and this time it looked like it was successful. I then restarted my computer and started up NVIDIA Inspector and clicked on show Overclocking, now i'm really confused because I set the base clock to +80, Mem to +50, and voltage to +25. When I click on "apply clocks & voltage" I see the Voltage go from 0.843 up to 1.025 for a second and then it goes back down to 0.843. The current clock and memory readings do the same thing the numbers jump up and then go right back down to where they were previously at. Whats going on here?

Update:

I just tried flashing it using the method described in "[GUIDE] NVIDIA VBIOS flashing", everything seemed to go the way it was supposed to, it said that it was successful I did alt+ctrl+delete to restart my computer. Then started NVIDIA Inspector and tried to do the overclock again, but it does the exact same thing (the voltage goes up for a second and then goes right back down.

Anyone know what's going on here and can help me fix this please?

Thank you

Electrodarts

Ok, so not really sure what was done differently, but I just decided to give nvflash a try again today and this time it looked like it was successful. I then restarted my computer and started up NVIDIA Inspector and clicked on show Overclocking, now i'm really confused because I set the base clock to +80, Mem to +50, and voltage to +25. When I click on "apply clocks & voltage" I see the Voltage go from 0.843 up to 1.025 for a second and then it goes back down to 0.843. The current clock and memory readings do the same thing the numbers jump up and then go right back down to where they were previously at. Whats going on here?

Update:

I just tried flashing it using the method described in "[GUIDE] NVIDIA VBIOS flashing", everything seemed to go the way it was supposed to, it said that it was successful I did alt+ctrl+delete to restart my computer. Then started NVIDIA Inspector and tried to do the overclock again, but it does the exact same thing (the voltage goes up for a second and then goes right back down.

Anyone know what's going on here and can help me fix this please?

Thank you

Electrodarts

(Sounds to me you probably got nvflash to work by following the correct instructions, considering you're not sure what you've done differently).

There could be a number of reasons for the things you describe. If you are doing everything properly then when you change the 3D gaming clocks & voltage the card will momentarily flash up to that highest gaming voltage that you have set, and then jump back down again - that's part of the power saving feature. When you game, it should jump up again to the gaming overclock & overvolt settings you have applied. You will want to check that it does this when you game: use GPUz to monitor the clocks (you can increase the size of the graph window to allow you to display more history of measurements).

If you are finding after doing what I suggested that the clocks are not jumping up to your overclocked/overvolted settings when gaming, then try the following: Right Click on the NVidia Inspector shortcut or executable program & select 'Run As Administrator'. Then apply your overclock & overvolt. Retry what I suggested in the first paragraph to track your clocks & voltage when you game. Hopefully it will now work. (I have to run NVidia Inspector as an Administrator in order for the overclock & overvolt to be applied). (mentioned this to you in post #3757).

• Bios Modder
guys what driver is the best for performance @ the 780m with the unlocked bios?

I see everyone hitting 8600~ 3dmark11 p scores.

I got 7,601 without the bios @ stock.

and about 7900 with the unlocked bios @ +150 / +400.

Doesn't make any sense to me.

Alienware 17 here btw

4700MQ

@win7 64bit

What the vbios you are use? You need mod vbios (no only unlocked).

• Bios Modder
Here is my GT70

3920XM, GTX 880m with stock vbios and stock clock,

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11510[/ATTACH]

and here is OC to +50 clock and +120 memory.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11511[/ATTACH]

With stock clock or overclock,it is throttling,when OC over than +50,it always crash.

At stock vbios,voltage is adjustable,but when I OV to 1000mv its got more seriously throttling.

Here is the stock clock with OV to 1000mv

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11512[/ATTACH]

Try this.

1198.zip

Try this.

Hi Klem,

Thx for ur vbios,

I just flashed it and test in graphic1,still got the same problem,

if overvolted over than default voltage(993mv),it starting got seriously throttling.

I dont know why.

post-6915-14494997566279_thumb.png

I've been flashed the beta EC from the MSI forum and change to 230w psu,

Is it the power problem or limited by vbios?

Hmmm, I see some scrabbling around trying to get the 880M vBIOS to work without throttling from Klem. Kudos to you to trying to get it to work more effectively. I think it's worth trying to get a solution in absence of other solutions that have been created but not released. I sort of understand the reticence to release the version of the modded vBIOS 880M from svl7 that we know works, but I can see the frustration creeping into the commmunity. I know the community will be thankful when the svl7 880M vBIOS is released, but I do wonder on what it depends. It's still a mystery to me, yet I do know that there is a point that is wanting to be proved, yet I am a little unclear as to what that point is. Although I must say that svl7's work is fantastic, and I personally have so much to thank him for the unleashed performance of my card: perhaps more than any average user given the degree to which the 670MX was castrated by NVidia. When you lay your cards on the table svl7, I'm sure there will be a sigh of relief, at least from the 880M community. It's a pity NVidia don't unleash the potential of their cards, and it's a credit that independant experts like svl7 and others can get involved to make their products even better: kudos to all involved really! :-)

This is interesting....So what might be the full story behind "svl7" not releasing his "880M" vbios?

I don't know, it's a mystery to me, and I'm sure to anyone reading this post. Just facts really (or the lack of).

Hmmm, I see some scrabbling around trying to get the 880M vBIOS to work without throttling from Klem. Kudos to you to trying to get it to work more effectively. I think it's worth trying to get a solution in absence of other solutions that have been created but not released. I sort of understand the reticence to release the version of the modded vBIOS 880M from svl7 that we know works, but I can see the frustration creeping into the commmunity. I know the community will be thankful when the svl7 880M vBIOS is released, but I do wonder on what it depends. It's still a mystery to me, yet I do know that there is a point that is wanting to be proved, yet I am a little unclear as to what that point is. Although I must say that svl7's work is fantastic, and I personally have so much to thank him for the unleashed performance of my card: perhaps more than any average user given the degree to which the 670MX was castrated by NVidia. When you lay your cards on the table svl7, I'm sure there will be a sigh of relief, at least from the 880M community. It's a pity NVidia don't unleash the potential of their cards, and it's a credit that independant experts like svl7 and others can get involved to make their products even better: kudos to all involved really! :-)

Figure it out yourself, as I did a year ago...

Hint "Be bad, but at least don't be a liar, a deceiver!"

Figure it out yourself, as I did a year ago...

Hint "Be bad, but at least don't be a liar, a deceiver!"

Que!? A year ago? Yes, I see, what was j95 doing a year ago, I should be up to speed with that, who wouldn't! Ah, j95, your economy of words when solving technical problems is something to behold, but your excess of meaningless or perhaps indecipherable words to the many is far greater in this situation. In this case your economy of words did not triumph unfortunately. It's a strange world this forum, mysterious tides of unseen influences! ;-)

• Brian featured this topic