NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

+600 limit! For 880? Why? Are you seen the stock core clock in GTX 880M? Are you read this page: Nvidia GTX 880m review

Modification of vbios for 780 and 880 is not simple. It is very difficult and requires very accurate selection of combinations of voltage, Power Limit, Power Target and core frequency.

Grrr... You are right. I started working on it again and I got the boost disabled, the voltage up but the power table is a fucking mess. I think we should wait for svl7. Or for a guinea pig for testing :D

Yep, you're right. I just gave it a high limit in case he wants to experiment. I will be working on the power target and voltage later since I was in a rush to go eat lunch. It would also help if I had a tester. I am just changing one thing at a time because I don't want to screw up and destroy anything with an unfamiliar card :)

Thanks for the vbios mod! Sorry if I wasn't clear when I posted it though. I actually don't need it modded. I was working on the machine to set it up for someone else at work and thought I would post a vbios dump from it in case anyone was interested in having it. :)

Grrr... You are right. I started working on it again and I got the boost disabled, the voltage up but the power table is a fucking mess. I think we should wait for svl7. Or for a guinea pig for testing :D

I just change my GPU to 880m(msi gt70),but it always throttle!

Is modded vbios can fix this problem?

Waiting for the svl7's 880m mod vbios!

sorry, but could someone give me the default stock standard dell gtx 780m vbios please?? I backed it up but have lost it somehow.. :(

doh!!! :-( Have you tried searching this thread using the 'search thread' option for '780M', maybe someone has uploaded a stock version of their 780M for the A18. Failing that, there's a user called Mr Fox, who's both on these forums and the Notebookreview forums, and he has an Alienware 18, maybe he could send you the file if you PM him or something.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sorry, but could someone give me the default Stock standard DELL GTX 780M vbios please?? I backed it up but have lost it somehow.. :(

I can send it to you later, but why would you need the stock version? :P

• Thumbs Up 1

I can send it to you later, but why would you need the stock version? :P

Thanks PPL,s. Yeah i know Brother Fox has it but i have bothered him enough recently LOL Yeah svI7 would appreciate it. I just want it incase i have to send it back or have Dell look at here, i have a few things i want them to sort out and things i have found with this mess of a product! LOL

EDIT: Its all good found it. Thanks Guys! ;)

• Bios Modder
Im having a problem after flashing my bios, windows wont reconize my 780m.

Anyone knows why?

This happened because you flash vbios from another manufacturer. You need flash mod vbios for you manufacturer.

@svl7, I noticed something has changed in NVidia Inspector recently, I think it's due to the latest NVidia drivers. I noticed that 'Prioritise Temperature' has suddenly become a choosable & configurable option, previously it was greyed out, or not there at all (as far as I can remember). I thought this might be of use or of interest to you. Do you know why that has suddenly become a configurable option with the latest drivers? Could it have anything to do with why in the latest drivers users like Mr Fox have had throttling problems since installing the latest drivers (and apparently can't be fixed by installing previous drivers)?

Here's a pic showing what I'm talking about re 'Prioritize Temperature':

post-14345-14494997369425_thumb.jpg

This happened because you flash vbios from another manufacturer. You need flash mod vbios for you manufacturer.

im using the Nvidia GTX 780m - 'OC edition' - rev02.zip bios file from the beginning of this topic

My laptop is GT70 2OD, i really wanna overclock some more then 135+

What im i doing wrong?

• Bios Modder
im using the Nvidia GTX 780m - 'OC edition' - rev02.zip bios file from the beginning of this topic

My laptop is GT70 2OD, i really wanna overclock some more then 135+

What im i doing wrong?

Nvidia GTX 780m - 'OC edition' - rev02.zip bios file from the beginning of this topic is not for you MSI GTX 780M. It is incompatible.

Nvidia GTX 780m - 'OC edition' - rev02.zip bios file from the beginning of this topic is not for you MSI GTX 780M. It is incompatible.

In the description it says Can be used for all current 780m (Clevo, MSI and Dell). So I thought mine as wel

Do you know where to find the vbios for my 780m? thank you!

• Bios Modder
In the description it says Can be used for all current 780m (Clevo, MSI and Dell). So I thought mine as wel

Do you know where to find the vbios for my 780m? thank you!

Of course can be used for all current 780m (Clevo, MSI and Dell), but in this case you need to use modified inf file for nvidia drivers. And make it for each new version drivers. If you want i can make mod vbios for you grafic card. Send me PM.

• Thumbs Up 1

@svl7, I noticed something has changed in NVidia Inspector recently, I think it's due to the latest NVidia drivers. I noticed that 'Prioritise Temperature' has suddenly become a choosable & configurable option, previously it was greyed out, or not there at all (as far as I can remember). I thought this might be of use or of interest to you. Do you know why that has suddenly become a configurable option with the latest drivers? Could it have anything to do with why in the latest drivers users like Mr Fox have had throttling problems since installing the latest drivers (and apparently can't be fixed by installing previous drivers)?

Here's a pic showing what I'm talking about re 'Prioritize Temperature':

I have had that option for a while, even before updating to latest nvidia drivers. Unfortunately, it doesn't do anything. I can change the slider, but when I hit apply, it goes back to 87C: http://i.imgur.com/zCaoqtj.png

- - - Updated - - -

I just change my GPU to 880m(msi gt70),but it always throttle!

Is modded vbios can fix this problem?

Waiting for the svl7's 880m mod vbios!

Yep, a properly modded vbios can fix this. Unfortunately, there is no properly modded vbios for the 880m available right now.

I have had that option for a while, even before updating to latest nvidia drivers. Unfortunately, it doesn't do anything. I can change the slider, but when I hit apply, it goes back to 87C: http://i.imgur.com/zCaoqtj.png

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, a properly modded vbios can fix this. Unfortunately, there is no properly modded vbios for the 880m available right now.

Cheers for the reply. :-) So, was it like that from the beginning for you, or do you think it's something that's been enabled in one of the drivers in the not so distant past? I'm pretty sure I've not seen it before (but I could be wrong!).

Cheers for the reply. :-) So, was it like that from the beginning for you, or do you think it's something that's been enabled in one of the drivers in the not so distant past? I'm pretty sure I've not seen it before (but I could be wrong!).

I dont normally use nvidia inspector but I think I remember seeing that option when I opened that program a few months ago. I quickly lost interest in it since that option doesn't do anything for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is for you: Deleted

I did not see before it was deleted.

anyways, Thank you for helping me

I thought I could flash 780m easily so I did not order 880m

It is the same card though. I should have bought 880m :'(

• Brian featured this topic