NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

Or, I think his 'display driver failed' messages are due to his overclock becoming unstable when the voltage drops. He might be able to sort that by reducing the overclock, or by raising the voltage once he's found a VBIOS that works properly for him.
You are correct, but that is a TDR error. Improper overclocking (not enough voltage to support the clock speed) can most definitely cause TDR errors.
Ok, Klem was kind enough to give me a modified VBIOS with 1.1000V with drops to 1.0750V VDDC.

This is how much I got now: Modified vbios from default 667/900 - Imgur

Its getting hot though. I will post again once I tweak the values until it stays below 86 Celsius

Have you tried using HWiNFO64 to manually run your fans at full speed during benchmarks? If not, that might help.

You are correct, but that is a TDR error. Improper overclocking (not enough voltage to support the clock speed) can most definitely cause TDR errors.

Have you tried using HWiNFO64 to manually run your fans at full speed during benchmarks? If not, that might help.

I used msi turbo fan which keeps the fan at 100%. No use though, about half an hour of heaven benchmark reached 90+

I managed to get it stable at 93 degrees at this: http://i.imgur.com/jaR5IRM.jpg

Is running at 93C witch VDDC at 1.1000V-1.0750V really ok? I feel like it is a bit too high.

I managed to get it stable at 93 degrees at this: http://i.imgur.com/jaR5IRM.jpg

Is running at 93C witch VDDC at 1.1000V-1.0750V really ok? I feel like it is a bit too high.

For me, that's too hot, I wouldn't run my GPU at that temperature, and certainly not overvolted at that temperature - high temperatures combined with increased voltage increases the rate of silicon degradation, which is one of the reasons that GPUs die as time goes by. For the sake of a few Mhz I don't think it's worth it if you're going to be using it for gaming (but ok for the odd benchmark run). I would try changing your VBIOS so that it's running at a max of 1.05V when under load, and I would want to keep temperatures below 90 degC, and below 85 degC to be truly happy. Have you not got a VBIOS that you can change the voltage yourself in software using NV Inspector? SVL7's VBIOS's allow for software manipulation of voltage in NV Inpspector - that way you can quickly pick & choose between different voltages.

• Thumbs Up 1

For me, that's too hot, I wouldn't run my GPU at that temperature, and certainly not overvolted at that temperature - high temperatures combined with increased voltage increases the rate of silicon degradation, which is one of the reasons that GPUs die as time goes by. For the sake of a few Mhz I don't think it's worth it if you're going to be using it for gaming (but ok for the odd benchmark run). I would try changing your VBIOS so that it's running at a max of 1.05V when under load, and I would want to keep temperatures below 90 degC, and below 85 degC to be truly happy. Have you not got a VBIOS that you can change the voltage yourself in software using NV Inspector? SVL7's VBIOS's allow for software manipulation of voltage in NV Inpspector - that way you can quickly pick & choose between different voltages.

Thankyou, I will try it. I hope I didnt damage anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Tried SVL7's VBIOS. No luck in changing voltages. http://img.techpowerup.org/131128/nvidia_20131128_113507.png

Thankyou, I will try it. I hope I didnt damage anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Tried SVL7's VBIOS. No luck in changing voltages. http://img.techpowerup.org/131128/nvidia_20131128_113507.png

Did you run NV Inspector as an administrator? Right Click the NV Inspector shortcut->select 'Run As Adminstrator'->then you might have the sliders for voltage available.

Did you run NV Inspector as an administrator? Right Click the NV Inspector shortcut->select 'Run As Adminstrator'->then you might have the sliders for voltage available.

It does that by default. I tried running as administrator to be sure. No change.

It does that by default. I tried running as administrator to be sure. No change.

Ah, probably something to do with the VBIOS not being a 100% compatible with you system. Maybe either svl7 can help you out with an adjustable voltage VBIOS for you, or maybe Klem can do you a VBIOS with slightly reduced voltage.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ah, probably something to do with the VBIOS not being a 100% compatible with you system. Maybe either svl7 can help you out with an adjustable voltage VBIOS for you, or maybe Klem can do you a VBIOS with slightly reduced voltage.

My default VBIOS version was 80.04.58.00.0D. The version I flashed was 80.04.58.00.0E. Perhaps due to this? Should I sent a pm to SVL7 or just post in a thread?

My default VBIOS version was 80.04.58.00.0D. The version I flashed was 80.04.58.00.0E. Perhaps due to this? Should I sent a pm to SVL7 or just post in a thread?

Ah, since posting my last message to you I've found out that only some of the 600 series VBIOS are voltage adjustable, these are some of the ones svl7 has modded, and apparently it can be quite a difficult job to do. It's just that the VBIOS you flashed is not voltage adjustable, that's why it didn't work.

There's a seperate thread for requesting a VBIOS:

http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/4635-bios-vbios-modification-request-thread-svl7.html

Good luck, hope you manage to get it sorted.

• Thumbs Up 1

I plan on doing the vbios reflash to unlock the frequency cap on the gpu and memory.

1. Once I do this, will I be able to tweak the gpu and memory through a windows based overclocking program?

2. If so what program would you recommend?

3. Finally, would there any performance differences between making the overclocking changes directly in bios vs through a windows overclocking program?

thx for the help guys. love this site

I plan on doing the vbios reflash to unlock the frequency cap on the gpu and memory.

1. Once I do this, will I be able to tweak the gpu and memory through a windows based overclocking program?

2. If so what program would you recommend?

3. Finally, would there any performance differences between making the overclocking changes directly in bios vs through a windows overclocking program?

thx for the help guys. love this site

NV Inspector would be a good overclocking program for you to use - if you have issues with it not applying overclocks, then make sure you've right-clicked on the shortcut to NV Inspector and chose 'Run As Administrator'. Overclocking via software will give you the same performance as overclocking by applying an overclock directly in the VBIOS. Software is better though, because you can just make changes so much more quickly & easier.

@svl7 and @unclewebb - both of you are getting some much deserved publicity in Dell Community Forums [ LINK ]. Maybe some Alienware 17/18 owners that are disgruntled with crippled performance would like to chime in on the lousy Haswell system BIOS that needs to have unlocked menus (or made unlockable so svl7 can make it usable).

Hello,

I own a M6700 with a K3000m, the vbios that you have provided works as intended. I can now add up to +542 MHz in P0 using Nvidia inspector. My temperatures are very nice, stable 60 C always, maybe sometimes jumps to 62. Thank you for the vbios. It is really incredible what potential the k3000m has.

But I am writing for other reasons.

1) I can only go up to +420 MHz, I understand that it maybe because there is not enough voltage so I can not go higher. But the thing is that when the core is at +420 and the memory is at +0 MHz and If add just a few hundred MHz to the memory I would get like what seems to be a GPU shutdown. I have no problem in adding up to +1200 MHz to the memory at lower frecuencies on the cores like +135, +300. So, maybe there is some kind of power limit which keeps me from adding frecuency/power consumption by shutting down the GPU. I think if memory is stable at +1100MHz then it should be stable like that no matter the core frecuency is, isn´t it so?

Forgot to add: I have tried it with a turned off monitor and no peripherals using energy, same result.

2) After some stress testing sometimes the GPU gets stuck in P8, literally. P8 is the lowest performance mode, 400/800 (effective). Is this some kind of bug? Any work around except restarting?

Thank you again for the vbios.

Okay. I have a hunch about where the problem lies with that, the attached version might fix it. If not let me know, there's a second possibility.

If it won't work in the end I might have to go to the older vbios version, because there is an issue with the stock version of this vbios.

EDIT: File removed.

Hi svl7,

I flashed a second time the last vbios, but it won' t be better....

Do you have an other modded vbios version to try or is it not compatible with the 3d model of the clevo 370em3?

Thank you verry much for your help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many power bricks do you have? Do you think just 1 300W brick would be enough to overclock the GPU like that?

Hi I own a Sager NP9150 with 680m card (driver version; 331.82) and Prema's modded BIOS for Clevo.

I'm encountering a problem with svl7's vbios (80.04.33.00.10):

After flashing the modded vbios using nvflash 5.118 in Windows 7, the voltage of my 680m stays at most 987mv and never breaches 1.00v.

The base clock offset changed from +135 max to 405 max though,

If I set the gpu clock to 980mhz, any game would run for about 10 seconds and then ------ a freeze ----- the clock is reset to stock value.

Can anyone tell me what went wrong or the latest vbios just doesn't overvolt anymore?

Any suggestion is appreciated!

• Brian featured this topic