NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

You can PM / ask the AW reps here ([MENTION=4186]Alienware-Frank_L[/MENTION], [MENTION=4614]Alienware-Luis_Pardo[/MENTION], [MENTION=4474]Alienware-L_Porras[/MENTION] and [MENTION=4664]Alienware-Natalia_J[/MENTION]), but I doubt they got any news about this. They're not responsible for the BIOS updates (would be cool though :D) By the way... talking about BIOS files... still waiting on the most recent change logs of the BIOS updates. Dell stopped uploading them, very bad practice. Would be great to get some more information regarding this (*hint* @AW reps ;))

Hi

killerinstinct and me are interested by an update of clevo OCedition with slightly increased 3d voltage (same voltage as saltius)... to test if it could help to improve performance without killing our psu.

Thank you

Hi

killerinstinct and me are interested by an update of clevo OCedition with slightly increased 3d voltage (same voltage as saltius)... to test if it could help to improve performance without killing our psu.

Thank you

I would also be interested in this bios version.

Thanks for everything so far svl7

This is all very cool. Thanks so much to svl7 for putting these vbios files out for public consumption! I have a P150EM with the 680M, so I'll be keeping the OC Edition and OV-OC Edition files handy! What is the new voltage for the OV version? A user named Saltius has made another Clevo 680M vbios which takes the core clock to 900MHz (boost up to 1035MHz) and the 3D Voltage up to 1.037V. Related: Out of curiosity, how did you make these custom vbios files? I fiddled with my old 260M bios using NiBiTor but that program isn't compatible with Kepler vbios files.

Overvolted Clevo 680m 'OC edition' added to the first post.

Hi, I have one question, I'm talking with a NBR's member that had flashed the vbios to OC-OV that you posted on the first page (Dell's one). He is able to overclock the core and I can not overclock the core with the same vbios, it's very strange, Do you know why this is happening? Maybe because I'm not using A03 unclocked BIOS.

This is very weird to me.

svl7 Could you check that the vbios that you posted on the first page is ready to overclock? It's just to be 100% sure the vbios is capable of that, maybe the NBR's member and I got diferents vbio's version :S.

Thank you very much :)!

Love you ! I will go for testing

Ouch !!! throtlling now even at 853 MHz

3dmark11 : 5435

with original vbios 6918

Thank you for your effort svl7

Hmm... I wonder if it is because of the clevo bios.

Maybe if svl7 uses the msi bios and changes the voltage to the one saltius was using we might not have any throttling issues.

Don't know: but the OV on the clevo version is more important than in saltius

3d voltage with clevo OV : 1.05

versus saltius 1.012

original: 0.987

Maybe the card don't like to be pushed like this on P150HM.

first svl7 modded vbios and saltius are based on the MSI vbios.

But on P150HM with the saltius or the MSI vbios, the card has strange behavior ... sometimes she doesn't take her 3d clock and remain at 324Mhz (bug confirmed by Killerinstinct and me).

Will try my bios today, as soon as I have the permission to download them. I already made a few posts, still no permission. I understand you don't want spammers here, etc, but what the about the average user who really appreciate this and would need the files?

Don't know: but the OV on the clevo version is more important than in saltius 3d voltage with clevo OV : 1.05 versus saltius 1.012 original: 0.987 Maybe the card don't like to be pushed like this on P150HM. first svl7 modded vbios and saltius are based on the MSI vbios. But on P150HM with the saltius or the MSI vbios, the card has strange behavior ... sometimes she doesn't take her 3d clock and remain at 324Mhz (bug confirmed by Killerinstinct and me).
Won't 1.05V overheat the laptop a fair bit? I read a review written by a user who was using Saltius' 1.037V vbios and he reported temperatures in the mid-high 80's (up to 89) under heavy load with that voltage.

I am so eager to test this. Should I use afterburner to overclock or nvidia inspector? I have a m17x r4, and peaking at 67 celsius is begging for an overclock. I will choose the one with the slight overvolt, but I do have a question. If something goes wrong, can I still roll back to stock vbios? Do I have to make a backup or something? I need more fps in guild wars 2. :)

saltius goes to 1.037v when you launch a 3d app but after the voltage decrease to 1.012 . I can't say if there is temperature trouble since the frequencies throttle with such a voltage so the card cannot overheat. 89 degree Celsius is a high temp but is not a risky temp for the card.

saltius goes to 1.037v when you launch a 3d app but after the voltage decrease to 1.012 . I can't say if there is temperature trouble since the frequencies throttle with such a voltage so the card cannot overheat. 89 degree Celsius is a high temp but is not a risky temp for the card.
I thought it would only throttle at high temperatures. Overvolting would lead to more heat, but if you can manage it with cooling mods then the card shouldn't throttle, should it? (I'm guessing stuff like Kombustor or Furmark, which cause sustained 100% load, would cause high temperatures despite any cooling mods, but the same isn't true for games generally.)

I've done it! Flashed the vBios on my Dell 680m in the m17x. I went with the 1st version 850, and everything went smooth. I also backup ed the rom before flashing, now I'm doing some benchmarks.

Quick question. Now should I overclock more or this rom already OC the card? Sorry, I'm a noob after all. Thanks again SVL. Great stuff. If temps allow, I will flash the OV version. Will post back results.

• Brian featured this topic