NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

I think the 3740QM (Ivybridge) may behave differently to Throttlestop than my 2630QM (which is Sandybridge), so I can't really advise you on Throttlestop much because I have no experience on Ivybridge. There's a Throttlestop forum on here somewhere, I'd try posting on there.

Well, that's entirely up to you! If that is your maximum core clock & memory clock then great. Temperatures look OK. Given how high your core clock is, I wouldn't bother upping to 1.05V, might give you another 40 or 50Mhz, but that's nothing on 1158Mhz! I think you should leave it there, no point in getting higher temperatures for the sake of an extra 50Mhz.

OPS sorry its 1058 :S my bad so yeh now what?

OPS sorry its 1058 :S my bad so yeh now what?

Yep, I thought 1158 sounded a bit high, but I didn't want to challenge you on it! My previous advice still stands really, your temps aren't that low, I'd leave it as it is. But, do as you please, I think whatever you do you should keep the temperature below 80 or 85 degC if you're overvolting. Next step is up to you.

Yep, I thought 1158 sounded a bit high, but I didn't want to challenge you on it! My previous advice still stands really, your temps aren't that low, I'd leave it as it is. But, do as you please, I think whatever you do you should keep the temperature below 80 or 85 degC if you're overvolting. Next step is up to you.

Just received a K5000m QS, not sure how to determine the board ID?

When it boot, it also have a screen before post saying it is a engineering release.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9258[/ATTACH]

Same board as this one: 80.04.67.00.07

In which system are you using it? Because in some Clevos the vbios stated above might not work properly.

@svl7 I dont know if this was referenced here or not, I tried to skim though the post but there is SO many!

I have two questions.

1. I have a Sager NP9380-S (Clevo P370SM) which is running 2x nVidia GTX 780m in SLI (4Gb each). I was wondering if the supplied vBIOS you listed somewhere in page 250something would work for my setup.

2. I never flashed a BIOS or know what I'm doing and I want to do this right, is there any place you can point me to read up on what I need to do.

Thanks a ton!:bananapartyhat:

Hey guys, was curious, tried searching but didn't come back with any results: Does anybody else have issues with the 780m vbios here breaking OpenGL support? With the factory MSI vbios, I have full OpenGL 4.4 support, but with the tech inferno vbios I lose all hardware OpenGL support and the system reverts back to the GDI software renderer with 1.1.

Anybody else run into this? I have tried about 4 different drivers ranging from the latest Beta's to the last 3 WQHL's... same result for each driver.

I know OpenGL isn't often used, but some of the programs I run still require it so this was a deal breaker. Thanks for any thoughts and for what svl7 provides our notebook community!

@svl7 I dont know if this was referenced here or not, I tried to skim though the post but there is SO many!

I have two questions.

1. I have a Sager NP9380-S (Clevo P370SM) which is running 2x nVidia GTX 780m in SLI (4Gb each). I was wondering if the supplied vBIOS you listed somewhere in page 250something would work for my setup.

2. I never flashed a BIOS or know what I'm doing and I want to do this right, is there any place you can point me to read up on what I need to do.

Thanks a ton!:bananapartyhat:

Isn't it the first VBIOS file listed on page 1 in post #2? Those are the 2 most important posts in this thread! For flashing instructions, they're in post #1. (Think I hear the Windows 8 flashing process is different, but not sure).

• Thumbs Up 2

Isn't it the first VBIOS file listed on page 1 in post #2? Those are the 2 most important posts in this thread! For flashing instructions, they're in post #1. (Think I hear the Windows 8 flashing process is different, but not sure).

my bad, didnt see it. thanks for your help

Hey guys, I recently got a new graphic card from upgrade donkey (eBay) and im curious if I can get it to work with this vbios?

So there's a upgrade donkey now? ;D It's hard to give you an answer when you don't specify which card it is.

So there's a upgrade donkey now? ;D It's hard to give you an answer when you don't specify which card it is.

I know, I thought that was quite funny too! I guess that's predictive text for you, although it might have been a joke, especially if he's had bad experience with them! I've had good experience with upgrade donkey so far, where I got my GPU! Eeyore, Eeyore! (Sorry!)

Questions. I just got an Alienware 18 the other day. It has GTX 780 SLI and i7 4900MQ. I ran 3D Mark Vantage and got a score of 13896 GPU score 12342 CPU score 22333. I need help. I would like to try the vbios thing, but have never tried that. Does that go to the mobo bios or the card it self? How does one get this done. I have flashed moded bios on mobos in the past and some overclocking experience , mostly on desktops not on laptops. Help anyone. Thanks

• Brian featured this topic