NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

Hay slv7 Can you Help me? I have a MSI MS-16F23 motherboard... and I want know if my mobo will be works with a GTX 660M (DELL)?

And if I use the VBIOS that I found here... will work? I lost my native GTX 570m and only found GTX 660m to buy in my city in Brazil.

Thanks who can help me!

Any one have a suggestion on anything better/more accurate to monitor gpu temps? As of now I am using Nvidia Inspector. Just want to make sure I am see temps as accurate as possible while using this modded vbios.

Thanks

Hay slv7 Can you Help me? I have a MSI MS-16F23 motherboard... and I want know if my mobo will be works with a GTX 660M (DELL)?

And if I use the VBIOS that I found here... will work? I lost my native GTX 570m and only found GTX 660m to buy in my city in Brazil.

Thanks who can help me!

I've been doing some extended long term testing in benchmarks & games with different overvolts & overclocks to work out a range of long term stable overvolt/overclock settings, and I thought you guys would be interested in the results because it might help you work out your own stable settings.

First thing I noticed is that passing through a 3DMark11 benchmark run sucessfully was not a measure of long term stability. In fact long term stability was usually gained by dialing back core clock by one notch (13Mhz) after achieving a successful 3DMark11 run. Second thing, there seems to be a direct linear relationship between volts & stable overclock frequency; if you take a look at the attached picture you will see that the graph is linear, so that could be useful for you to use to help dial in your own further overvolts/overclocks

Hope anyone that reads this will find this useful or interesting!

EDIT: I was kind of flabbergasted at how linear & exact this relationship was!

what memory clock did u put in for 1.05 btw i made custom home made cooling pad using two PC fans temps don't go above 81... Gtx 680m Overclocked at 1100/2475.

3d Mark 11 scores 8524 3d Mark Vantage only GPU 28308

using 1.025 bios right now Oced at 1071/2495

temps stay at 77-78C played AC3 for like 45 minutes and temperatures tend to stay at a point for like 15-20 min and then rise by a few degrees, i am playing Ac3 at FUll settings with OC temp = 67C Love my home made cooler

Average temps vary from 74-80 mostly stays at 78

Good job, you got some excellent overclocks there, pretty much similar Mhz vs voltages as mine!

My memory overclock has been the same for all of the overvolts I have tried, this is because the voltage you select doesn't change the voltage for the memory, just changes the voltage for the core. I have my memory overclocked to 1100Mhz, which is the actual Mhz the chip runs at. The way you've reported yours, if I were to report mine in the same way, then my memory overclock is 2200Mhz.

well the extra memory clocks generates extra heat and more power consumption and causes drivers to crash i wanna OC it to the max know any other way like 1.05 lets me 1100/2495 I NEED MORE POWER.

Will be posting results for 1.05 OC soon

Yes, maybe the extra heat & power consumption can cause your maximum memory overclock to become unstable. I would have thought that if you up the core voltage to 1.05V that this might make the maximum memory overclock even more unstable. Perhaps there's an ideal performance balance that you find between core overclock vs memory overclock. You could always determine your maximum memory overclockability by leaving the core at stock values, and then OC'ing your memory until crashes or artifacts. Then you could increase the core clock, and see at what point it crashes while at your previously highest determined memory overclock. Although I think gaming performance would benefit to a greater extent with core overclocking than memory overclocking, so I would suggest leaving the memory at stock, then overclocking the core until artifacts & crashes; then using your determined max core overclock I would then increase the memory overclock until instability & crashes. That's the way you'll likely get the best combination of maximum performance in games I think.

I have already done that so at 1.05 V i get 1100/2480 Its stable and at 1.025 1071/2200 which one to pick :D

Yep, I think your maximum memory overclock may have not been determined properly; there's no reason why you get a higher stable memory overclock when you have your core at 1.05V in comparison to 1.025V. It leads me to believe that you should do some more testing. It's possible that at 1.025V the core wasn't 100% stable at 1071, which led you to believe that your max memory clock was only 2200Mhz. The differences in maximum possible memory overclock don't make any sense to me there, I think you could do with some more stability testing.

Suggestions would be accepted

ya , I think its the MSI system itself .... the 311.70 from MSI work so , well the 320.49 do work well except it bugs out sometimes when switching from igpu to dgpu but thats all, also the 780M OC vbios on MSI GPU with the MSI laptop doesn't allow the voltage to go above 1.012 , which i believe is the default max voltage if i am not wrong. it might just be that the NOS system they created might have a fixed voltage set for the Card on MB ... maybe i hope i am wrong

hello. I have almost exact gear and driver combination you've mentioned.

can be that gpus switching repaired somehow?

it annoys if you are listening music from notebook in backpack and suddenly battery are going to draw fast a there is 'suddenly' too hot in there :)). And milions other situations.

Uninstall driver is absoletuly last resolution; performance boost is too significant.

thanx all

Suggestions would be accepted

I'd set it at 1.025mv. Then back the core down to 1007Mhz to be certain that the core is 100% stable. Then increase the memory overclock in increments (starting at 2200Mhz), while checking for stability using 3DMark11 or demanding games (Far Cry 3/Tomb Raider) that tax the GPU to 100% GPU usage (measured using GPUz for instance). If you see artifacts or crashing then you have reached your maximum memory overclock (the previously stable one). This is now your maximum memory overclock. At this point (while on 1.025mv) increase GPU core frequency in 26Mhz increments (13Mhz is one increment), and do your stability testing as before (3DMark11, games), to determine your maximum core overclock. If temperatures are good, less than 80-85 degC then you could consider further overvolting to get a greater core overclock.

I'd set it at 1.025mv. Then back the core down to 1007Mhz to be certain that the core is 100% stable. Then increase the memory overclock in increments (starting at 2200Mhz), while checking for stability using 3DMark11 or demanding games (Far Cry 3/Tomb Raider) that tax the GPU to 100% GPU usage (measured using GPUz for instance). If you see artifacts or crashing then you have reached your maximum memory overclock (the previously stable one). This is now your maximum memory overclock. At this point (while on 1.025mv) increase GPU core frequency in 26Mhz increments (13Mhz is one increment), and do your stability testing as before (3DMark11, games), to determine your maximum core overclock. If temperatures are good, less than 80-85 degC then you could consider further overvolting to get a greater core overclock.

• Brian featured this topic