NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

how can i overclock my GTX780m in clevo p157sm using a custom oc tool, the msi afterburner shows wrong clock as 324 mhz instead of 771 mhz which freaks me out...help me out please

install the latest drivers and flash your GPU using the 780m vbios and unstructions provided on the first page!

Can anyone help me with this, please http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/4635-bios-vbios-modification-request-thread-svl7-2.html#post66296

Are there any modified 770M vbioses fro Clevo laptops out there? Tnx

install the latest drivers and flash your GPU using the 780m vbios and unstructions provided on the first page!

Can anyone help me with this, please http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/4635-bios-vbios-modification-request-thread-svl7-2.html#post66296

Are there any modified 770M vbioses fro Clevo laptops out there? Tnx

PM me your VBIOS and I'll mod it for you.

Is it safe to run GTX 680m 2GB at 1.5 volts..I know over clocking is risky but is it ok to update to this bios?

Haha, I think you mean 1.05V rather than 1.5V!? 1.5V is not safe, but I imagine 1.05V is quite safe, as long as temperatures are good.

I have over clocked my 680m with the 1.05 volt bios. i set my GPu clock to 1100MHZ and my memory clock to 2450..Its stable no crashes + glitches..But i am hitting temps of 87-89C. is it ok or should i worry about. if i should worry gimme a solution.

thanks

I would say that temperatures seem reasonable considering 1100Mhz and 1.05V. That's a very good overclock! With the increased voltage you might see some decrease in the usable life of your GPU at those temperatures though. I know that some Kepler cards are designed to decrease their level of boost above 70degC, so I'm pretty sure that 1.05V will be fine under 70degC, but possible that silicon degradation may occur at a faster rate above that 70degC when combined with increased voltage. You can try minimising your temperatures by blowing out dust from the heatsinks using a can of compressed air, and/or repasting your GPU, and/or using a notebook cooler, and/or playing computer games in a walk-in fridge! I'd seek some advice in forums where other users have overvolted their 680M too. (also use the notebook on a flat surface so that the fan intakes aren't blocked).

My notebook is considerably new so the fan vents are not blocked. the back of the notebook is elevated for maximum air intake and the gpu switches from 1.05 to 0.9 and then back to 1.05 when at 89 C i get 30-40 FPS on maxpayne 3 at maximum settings..But i am worried about the temperature..need a solution for that. for now i re flashed my card to 1.025 for lower temps and i clocked it at 1070/2455

That sounds sensible, 1070Mhz is near-as-damn-it 1100Mhz, and you're saving the 25mv and decreasing the temperatures while you're at it. I'm not sure what you can do about the temperatures you're seeing beyond what I advised for you. The next thing you could do is maybe some mod to the cooling system & heat sink, but you'd have to research into what's possible with your specific laptop model, in terms of what other people have done. I can't advise you on that.

That sounds sensible, 1070Mhz is near-as-damn-it 1100Mhz, and you're saving the 25mv and decreasing the temperatures while you're at it. I'm not sure what you can do about the temperatures you're seeing beyond what I advised for you. The next thing you could do is maybe some mod to the cooling system & heat sink, but you'd have to research into what's possible with your specific laptop model, in terms of what other people have done. I can't advise you on that.

The temperature at this overclock stays round about 76-78C and my notebook is alienware m17x R4. i lose around 3-6 FPS my 3d mark vantage score for the GPU only is 31205. if someone can tweak a little with the voltage and make it around 1.035 it should be sufficient for 1100/2455 overclock at suitable temps. but the GPU clock doesn't go higher than 1058 on msi after OSD

The temperature at this overclock stays round about 76-78C and my notebook is alienware m17x R4. i lose around 3-6 FPS my 3d mark vantage score for the GPU only is 31205. if someone can tweak a little with the voltage and make it around 1.035 it should be sufficient for 1100/2455 overclock at suitable temps

Maybe svl7 can do you one of those, who knows. But, I don't think it would really be worth it for an extra 30Mhz on your core, because then you're pumping even more voltage into it with the higher temperatures, all for only 30Mhz.

Maybe svl7 can do you one of those, who knows. But, I don't think it would really be worth it for an extra 30Mhz on your core, because then you're pumping even more voltage into it with the higher temperatures, all for only 30Mhz.

true dat. i want to ask about about the memory clock, i can't seem to go higher than 2500 it just freezes and boom driver crash. what is this about...-,-

true dat. i want to ask about about the memory clock, i can't seem to go higher than 2500 it just freezes and boom driver crash. what is this about...-,- thing is the extra 10mv give me arounf 50mhz because the current clock won't go about 1058..so the voltrage is bottlenecking it...see my point

Ah, the memory clock is not related to the voltage changes that you've been making. The voltage you've been tweaking only changes the voltage of the core, not the memory. So your maximum memory overclock - it is what it is! However, I think I heard it was possible to do a hard mod to the GPU to increase the memory voltage, but that's pretty advanced (and risky), and I don't know anything more about that.

Ah, the memory clock is not related to the voltage changes that you've been making. The voltage you've been tweaking only changes the voltage of the core, not the memory. So your maximum memory overclock - it is what it is! However, I think I heard it was possible to do a hard mod to the GPU to increase the memory voltage, but that's pretty advanced (and risky), and I don't know anything more about that.

thing is the extra 10mv give me arounf 50mhz because the current clock won't go about 1058..so the voltrage is bottlenecking it...the extra 10mv can be like an experiment to see temps and if it works well and good if it doesn't back to 1025. but i just need someone to tweak the voltage. this can benefit the 680m users as well, to unlock their card to its full potential while remaining at suitable temps

true dat. i want to ask about about the memory clock, i can't seem to go higher than 2500 it just freezes and boom driver crash. what is this about...-,- thing is the extra 10mv give me arounf 50mhz because the current clock won't go about 1058..so the voltrage is bottlenecking it...see my point

Open GPU-Z>Read ASIC quality, nice sample you got 1070/2450 1.025v, for gaming 1006/2450 stock v. enough.

thing is the extra 10mv give me arounf 50mhz because the current clock won't go about 1058..so the voltrage is bottlenecking it...the extra 10mv can be like an experiment to see temps and if it works well and good if it doesn't back to 1025. but i just need someone to tweak the voltage. this can benefit the 680m users as well, to unlock their card to its full potential while remaining at suitable temps

I'm just a bit confused about your post, but it doesn't matter. The memory overclock is not affected by the voltage you've been manipulating, because you're just changing the voltage for the core clock, the memory voltage is set in stone. As for your core overclock, we've already talked about that, and the pros & cons of increasing that beyond your 1.025V.

EDIT: Ah, it's OK, I re-read your post, and I understand it now. Well, you can choose whatever you want to do with the voltage, perhaps svl7 will do you that modded vBIOS you talked about.

Good luck :-)

Open GPU-Z>Read ASIC quality, nice sample you got 1070/2450 1.025v, for gaming 1006/2450 stock v. enough.

well i play max payne 3 and metro last light and those games free at 1006/2450..:D

right now they don't and with the 1100/2455 it was give me around about 40-50 FPS

- - - Updated - - -

I'm just a bit confused about your post, but it doesn't matter. The memory overclock is not affected by the voltage you've been manipulating, because you're just changing the voltage for the core clock, the memory voltage is set in stone. As for your core overclock, we've already talked about that, and the pros & cons of increasing that beyond your 1.025V.

the 50 MHZ is on the GPU clock..it does give me considerable performance because right now GPU clock won't budge from 1058

- - - Updated - - -

EDIT: Ah, it's OK, I re-read your post, and I understand it now. Well, you can choose whatever you want to do with the voltage, perhaps svl7 will do you that modded vBIOS you talked about.

I hope so. thanks for the help

- - - Updated - - -

10 minutes of Metro 2033 and temp back up to 88-89.. the laptop is elevated for ventilation but still.... high temps ..-,-

Unstable....well after 2 hours of intense load it only went up to 79. and during benchmarks it ran a cool 76 with clock now at 1100/2475....

Haha, I meant unstable in terms of your laptop loosing it's balance if you've just plonked it on top of the portable fan. But you've probably rigged it so that the laptop is somehow stably balanced over the fan! It all sounds very Heath-Robinson, but if it works, it works! :-)

I am new to the forum but I have been running the dell oc edition vbios on my 680m and m17xr4 for several months with good results at 960/2105. Would it be worth trying the overvolt version or would the gains be too small to matter?

Thanks

• Brian featured this topic