NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

Hi all, my first post here. Can you tell me is clevo 670mx vbios compatible with msi gt70-0nc laptop with same card(3GB version)?

With that vBIOS you'll also be able to overvolt too, using NVInspector (in Run As Admin mode) - just to let you know in case it wasn't clear from you've read in this thread.

With that vBIOS you'll also be able to overvolt too, using NVInspector (in Run As Admin mode) - just to let you know in case it wasn't clear from you've read in this thread.

I can't imagine that software vmod for laptop's cards finally exist. It's simply awesome! Have a question about updating: should I use nvflash or need to reassemble the whole sys bios with new vbios and flash with FTK ? Because I've read something that telling "things getting complecated with UEFI" At previous post I've already asked about compatibility UEFI and this stuff but moderating my posts not so fast as I wish.

Thanks.

Thank you for your work !

It's a great mod !

Now, we can OC your 780M GTX ;) What software do you use to modified the vbios ? I try Nibitor, but it doen't work...

It's not like he's just loading up the rom in a software and modifying it by clicking "shader" "memory" "voltage".. It's much more complicated than that, you'll need programming skills.

Nibitor doesn't work with the new kepler cards, to my knowledge it only works with fermi right now.

I can't imagine that software vmod for laptop's cards finally exist. It's simply awesome! Have a question about updating: should I use nvflash or need to reassemble the whole sys bios with new vbios and flash with FTK ? Because I've read something that telling "things getting complecated with UEFI" At previous post I've already asked about compatibility UEFI and this stuff but moderating my posts not so fast as I wish.

Thanks.

Hi, I'm really not up on UEFI, and if there are any different procedures required for flashing in that environment. For the record, I followed the flashing instructions signposted in the first post of this thread, and it worked perfectly for me, but I don't have UEFI.

Hi...i have a couple of questions:

1) Which official vbios is the best for the Clevo P150EM's 680m, according to you?

2) I need an advice for the flashing procedure...until now I have always used the command "nvflash -4 -5 -6 name.rom", but I don't know if -4 and -5 are really needed. Which should I use? Only the -6 or even the others?

Thank you

PS: nvflash version is the latest taken from techpowerup, the 5.136 (DOS)

Hi, I have a problem with overclocking my 680m sli (M18xR2).After some time, the 680m clocked down to standart 758mHZ. I use afterburner to overclock. tut mir leid für mein schlechtes englisch. ich hoffe ihr könnt mir helfen. Thank you.

1. And what version of original bios you are used? I mean is that a problem if my version is different?

2. Will it work with UEFI motherboard and win8 ? Or system bios does not any influence?

Check the name of the vbios mod. It's not a problem if it's different. You most likely need to set your bios to legacy to make the vbios mod work, but I think that's already the case.

1) Which official vbios is the best for the Clevo P150EM's 680m, according to you?

2) I need an advice for the flashing procedure...until now I have always used the command "nvflash -4 -5 -6 name.rom", but I don't know if -4 and -5 are really needed. Which should I use? Only the -6 or even the others?

Official vbios? I don't know, most likely the latest version.

Follow my nvflash guide. Only use -6. Confirm SSID override with y. Never ever use -4 -5.

Hi, I have a problem with overclocking my 680m sli (M18xR2).After some time, the 680m clocked down to standart 758mHZ. I use afterburner to overclock. tut mir leid für mein schlechtes englisch. ich hoffe ihr könnt mir helfen. Thank you.

Please provide some additional information, like driver version, vbios version, which application you're running when this happens etc. Also what are your GPU temperatures?

Nvidia changed some things in their overclocking API, the latest drivers require administration privileges in order to adjust the clocks, make sure you run your overclocking tool as admin.

You most likely need to set your bios to legacy to make the vbios mod work

I understand that need to set "Legacy" to able boot from usb stick and flash vBIOS, but you mean I can't switch system bios settings back to "UEFI boot type" if i want to new (modded) vBIOS (the videocard itself in fact) work?

Official vbios? I don't know, most likely the latest version.

Follow my nvflash guide. Only use -6. Confirm SSID override with y. Never ever use -4 -5.

Thanks I will, the next time I'll have to flash :)

I'm only a bit worried now...a few days ago I flashed the .33 and the .67 (first one and then the other, obviously) because I wanted to test them. For both I used -4 -5 -6...do you think I may have damaged my 680m in some way? Because, after the flashing, I noticed an increase in temperature of about 3-4°, but I don't know if it is connected to that...

Hi svl7, thank you for the reply.I have the bios from the first post and the 325.19 beta driver. i run gpu-z,hwinfo and afterburner.

3dmark 11 no problem, Metro LL after 15 min. stock clock (758mhz), arma 2 no oc, only 758 mhz.

What am I doing wrong?

I understand that need to set "Legacy" to able boot from usb stick and flash vBIOS, but you mean I can't switch system bios settings back to "UEFI boot type" if i want to new (modded) vBIOS (the videocard itself in fact) work?

If your system doesn't load legacy option roms then the modified vbios might not have any effect. You'll have to try it. All I'm saying is that the mod might have no effect when you don't use legacy boot.

A few days ago I flashed both the .33 and the .67 (first one and then the other, obviously) because I wanted to test them. Until now I always used -4 -5 -6...do you think I may have damaged my 680m in some way? Because -after the flashing- I have noticed an increase in temperature of about 3-4°, but I don't know if it is connected to that...

No, definitely not, don't worry. The problem with flashing that way is that most people have no clue about the meaning of those parameters. -4 and -5 are security overrides that a regular user will never ever need to use. It allows you to flash an incompatible vbios (you still have to confirm it manually but it's still likely that people will go ahead and do this because they assume it to be normal...). That's why I think it is extremely irresponsible of people recommending other users to flash with -4 -5 -6, and unfortunately a lot of the guides on the internet do so.

Just keep in mind that all you will ever need is -6.

Hi svl7, thank you for the reply.I have the bios from the first post and the 325.19 beta driver. i run gpu-z,hwinfo and afterburner.

3dmark 11 no problem, Metro LL after 15 min. stock clock (758mhz), arma 2 no oc, only 758 mhz.

What am I doing wrong?

Temperatures? I recommend trying a different driver. 314.22 worked fine for me.

Hi!

My friend now buy M17xR4/680M/3D panel version,i flashed stock voltage unlocked vbios,driver 320.19.The flash procedure was on good after starting

windows i see you svl7 logo, after alien logo, after black screen only.Windows run,but no screen :( Stock dell vbios working fine.Any idea?

A10

Not sure what's going on, I'll let you know when I have an idea.

Hi!

My friend now buy M17xR4/680M/3D panel version,i flashed stock voltage unlocked vbios,driver 320.19.The flash procedure was on good after starting

windows i see you svl7 logo, after alien logo, after black screen only.Windows run,but no screen :( Stock dell vbios working fine.Any idea?

What kind of card does he use (Dell, Clevo... 2 or 4GB)? Which vbios is on the card? What was his original vbios?

HI, i think it is a Driver problem. Uninstalled everything and installed the 314.22.

I think it will work again. Tomorrow I will continue testing. what is the difference between the dell 680m from the start post and 680m new revision model of page 39?

Flashed the unlocked bios to a Dell GTX 780m. Works great. Heaven extreme runs stable even at 1006/3000Mhz basically GTX 680 clocks. Definitely a keeper. No issues with the 3D version of the M17x R4 apart from lost 3D. 120Hz still present.

Flashed the unlocked bios to a Dell GTX 780m. Works great. Heaven extreme runs stable even at 1006/3000Mhz basically GTX 680 clocks. Definitely a keeper. No issues with the 3D version of the M17x R4 apart from lost 3D. 120Hz still present.

Ooo, very nice! That's at stock voltage right? How do the temperatures look? What kind of 3DMark11 GPU score did you get? Sorry for all the quick fire questions! :-)

EDIT: that is indeed stock GTX 680 performance you should be getting then. So about 9500 GPU score on 3DMark11?

• Brian featured this topic