NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

Well no, because for some reason the MXM systems seem to use the ssid from the board and not from the card to... else I could easily adjust it in the vbios, but the ssid of the vbios doesn't matter for some reason.

It has always been like this. You'll need to mod the .inf files.

@svl7

Is it possible to update the bios of nb and add the ssid of new mxm board like gtx780m on ivy bridge boards like msi gt70/60?

I'm sorry, I have no idea what you're talking about...

EDIT: If your question is whether a modified system bios interferes with this modified vbios, then the answer is no.

Thanks for the hard work svl7! I've been running your v2 vBIOS on my MSI GT60 780m and it's performed great so far without any issues. Thanks for what you guys do for the community. Broke 9k in graphics score with a slight overvolt in 3DMark11.

• Thumbs Up 1

Have you tried it? With 326.19 drivers? I don't think it works... even with driver signature enforcement turned off.

I don't think I always understand your posts, but I've already replied to you (have a look at post #2471), explaining how you install modified drivers using modified inf files. I think you're just going to have to do that until NVidia release drivers that are officially compatible with you notebook. That's my understanding of your situation anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

What I meant was using the link you provided, with the modified file there, it doesn't work on 326.19. I guess I need to learn to modify the infs if i'm going to stay with the OC vbios... Thanks.

But it doesn't happen with the stock vbios version? I noticed a similar issue on my M15x, stock and modified version... when I turn the screen brightness down, turn off the system and then boot again it will start fine but the screen stays black, only after a power drain it will turn on again. Doesn't happen when I shutdown with brightness on the highest level... but that's definitely a vbios issue I think, never happened to me with a different card.

Correct, the stock vbios boots perfect every time. It was getting progressively worse. I had to restart 3-4 times to get it to not boot to a black screen. I tried the brightness changes, it didn’t work. I appreciate all your hard work, sooner or later it will get figured out. I at least have the new 326 beta drivers working fine with the stock vbios, without any ini mod. Throttling is still there and it sucks.

What I meant was using the link you provided, with the modified file there, it doesn't work on 326.19. I guess I need to learn to modify the infs if i'm going to stay with the OC vbios... Thanks.

That modified inf is an inf file I posted that originally came from laptopvideo2go; it's a universal inf that is compatible with every graphics card out there, both mobile & desktop I believe, so I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work on yours as long as you're following the correct installation procedure. (In fact I've got the 326.19 driver, that you're talking about, installed on my system right now as I type, using that same modified inf file). I can't help you anymore than I've already explained, but if you want to look into if further, try looking on the laptopvideo2go website (or elsewhere) on information on how to install modified drivers. Perhaps your laptop is the one laptop that can't install modified drivers for some unbeknownst reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Correct, the stock vbios boots perfect every time. It was getting progressively worse. I had to restart 3-4 times to get it to not boot to a black screen. I tried the brightness changes, it didn’t work. I appreciate all your hard work, sooner or later it will get figured out. I at least have the new 326 beta drivers working fine with the stock vbios, without any ini mod. Throttling is still there and it sucks.

I've been reading some of the posts on the NBR forums for the A17. Some folks have had success using EVGA Precision X with the stock vBIOS to change the temperature at which it throttles - so they basically set the throttling temperature to a higher figure, like 90 degC for instance.

@Robbo Yes I took the nvwin.inf from that link and also tried the one from laptopvideo2go. It doesn't work. With drive sig enforcement turned off, it fails. That very inf file worked on 320.49, but on 326.19, it fails. Dropped it into display.driver folder, overwrote the existing. No go..

Regarding your comment, "Perhaps your laptop is the one laptop that can't install modified drivers for some unbeknownst reason." < -- No need for all that now.... I've never asked for your help. You jumped in, so simply asked if you've tried it. If it works on YOUR laptop, I'm happy for you. Going forward, no need to help me. I don't need this. I can attack back, but will not do so. It will get nasty.

Thanks for the help.

@Robbo Yes I took the nvwin.inf from that link and also tried the one from laptopvideo2go. It doesn't work. With drive sig enforcement turned off, it fails. That very inf file worked on 320.49, but on 326.19, it fails. Dropped it into display.driver folder, overwrote the existing. No go..

Regarding your comment, "Perhaps your laptop is the one laptop that can't install modified drivers for some unbeknownst reason." < -- No need for all now.... I've never asked for your help. You jumped in, so simply asked if you've tried it. If it works on YOUR laptop, I'm happy for you. Going forward, no need to help me. I don't need this. I can attack back, but will not do so. It will get nasty.

Thanks for the help.

Device Manager> Card ID ?

@J95 It's alright.. I'm flashing back to the backup original rom. Perhaps try again next time when inf mods are no longer needed... I appreciate your help.

@svl7 and @johnkass Thank you guys. Your work is awesome! with 320.49 I was able to break 9500 3dMark11 w/ over-volting. You guys rock!! keep up the good work!!

Regarding your comment, "Perhaps your laptop is the one laptop that can't install modified drivers for some unbeknownst reason." < -- No need for all that now.... I've never asked for your help. You jumped in, so simply asked if you've tried it. If it works on YOUR laptop, I'm happy for you. Going forward, no need to help me. I don't need this. I can attack back, but will not do so. It will get nasty.

Thanks for the help.

Apologies if it came across like that, I was just trying to be matter of fact with you.

Thought I'd provide a bit of an update to my overvolting/overclocking experiences as it might be useful for people who are trying to tune in an optimum overvolt/overclock. What I've learned is that as overvolting increases then diminishing returns seem to start to kick in, even if temperatures are still kept at the same value. It's easiest to see in table format I think:
Core Voltage Increase (mv) Core Voltage (V) Core Mhz Core Temp (degC) 3DMark11 GPU Pscore
+0 0.925 900 63 5511
+37 0.962 1006 64 6042
+75 1.000 1060 64 6287
As you can see, that last step up to +75mv only gave an additional 54Mhz, so as overvolting is increasing, then the amount of increase of stable overclock is also decreasing. Temperatures are the same across the board, because the fans just kick in harder and earlier with the higher voltages, so +37mv is a bit quieter overall than +75mv, so that is a bonus too. Comparing my overall voltage to stock voltages used on the GTX 770M, which is the exact same chip as my GTX 670MX, then 770M has a core voltage of 0.968V, which is pretty much the same as my +37mv overvolt (0.962V). This makes me think that the +37mv overvolt is going to be 24/7 safe, as it is the same as the stock voltage used on the GTX 770M. What do you guys think, do you think in light of that, that my +37mv overvolt will be safe for 24/7?

• Bios Modder
hi,SVL7

THIS IS the clevo P150EM gtx675mx 4GB original vbios.653/900

PLEASE MOD it to OC and OV(yes~ over valtage),to 1.05v or 1.08v:Banane03:

I will test it

Thank you:tennis:

Does anyone have the modded inf for the GTX 780M for Dell? I have tried a few but those doesn't work.

Or could anyone tell me what 3 lines to add to the inf file. I can do it myself.

I am trying to revert to 320.19 from 326.19 to see the difference in benchmark.

EDIT: Nevermind thanks, I fixed it. The easiest way is to copy the inf file using the 326.19 driver into the DIsplay.Driver folder of 320.19. They put the hardware ID in the inf file called nvdmn.inf. There are quite a few inf files and some of them include all of the older GPU, like 8800 GTX.

hey guys, i have 2 GTX 680M, (80.04.67.00.01) in SLI. So i can download the 80.04.67.00.01 Oc Edition and it flashes both of my GTX 680M Cards? or just one? My Notebook is the P370SM! thanks in advance.

hey guys, i have 2 GTX 680M, (80.04.67.00.01) in SLI. So i can download the 80.04.67.00.01 Oc Edition and it flashes both of my GTX 680M Cards? or just one? My Notebook is the P370SM! thanks in advance.

Nope, you have to flash each card independently! Use i0 for the 1st gpu and i1 for the second. Make sure to use Clevo vbios! Re read the flash gpu post once again and good luck)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Thumbs Up 2

THANK YOU KLEM~:haha:

Testing is as follows

1, the core voltage is still 1.025:nosebleed_002:

post-1984-14494995820372_thumb.jpg

Start is 1.050

post-1984-14494995820638_thumb.jpg

Soon becomes 1.025

post-1984-14494995820854_thumb.jpg

2,1000 / 1200 3dmark 06 completed:haha:

post-1984-14494995821063_thumb.jpg

1000/1200 3dmark 11 completed

post-1984-1449499582135_thumb.jpg

But:

1050/1200 3dmark 06 fails:angry:

post-1984-14494995821619_thumb.jpg

1050/1200 3dmark 11 fails

post-1984-14494995821888_thumb.jpg

3, in the 1000/1000 Game Error:canny:

Playing ALEN WAKE, sometimes the game screen will suddenly stopped, only press CTRL + ALT + DEL, and then select START TALK MANAGER to continue.

I looked GPUZ, then the voltage will become 0.962 from 1.025, then to 0.837. P8 is voltage. While the core becomes P5, 324/400. Then change back to 1.025 and P0 of CLOCK.

post-1984-14494995822152_thumb.jpg

The same situation also appears in CRYSIS 2. In NSF13 is out of the game.

However DOOM3 HD, RAGE run was perfect, there was no question above.

So I thought it might be the voltage goes from P0 to P8, is not to P8 and P5 fixed voltage is also better?

4, if you again MOD VBIOS, I will continue~~:haha:

- - - Updated - - -

see #2499~~

Red Line thanks for your reply :) +1

but one question, in my BIOS it shows.

GTX680M 80.04.67.00.01

so that shows me that i have a CLEVO Model? (4GB Version)?

and i can flash the 80.04.67.00.01 Oc Edition from svl7? :byebye:

thanks in advance

greetz

• Brian featured this topic