NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

No,the OCedition allow to bypass the +135mhz limit. To go over 1Ghz, you need this vbios

Overclocking is not a science, i can't guarantee the frequencies you will be able to reach.

I used the 1000v one, and it worked like a charm. Running smooth as butter at 960mhz core and 2600mhz memory. I used your +190mhz for core, +500-800mhz for memory recommendation from another thread. In idle state card temperature stays at 39-40C, when running pretty decent new games it goes up to 52-53C, never above that...To my credit, I did go the extra mile with these thermal pads, purchased the thick ones with 5.0 W/m-K heat transferring power, and I put them on every memory module on both sides of the card, not just the top, where they connect with heat sinks...Thanks again for linking the working VBIOS for my Clevo P150HM

• Thumbs Up 1

I used the 1000v one, and it worked like a charm. Running smooth as butter at 960mhz core and 2600mhz memory. I used your +190mhz for core, +500-800mhz for memory recommendation from another thread. In idle state card temperature stays at 39-40C, when running pretty decent new games it goes up to 52-53C, never above that...To my credit, I did go the extra mile with these thermal pads, purchased the thick ones with 5.0 W/m-K heat transferring power, and I put them on every memory module on both sides of the card, not just the top, where they connect with heat sinks...Thanks again for linking the working VBIOS for my Clevo P150HM

Not above 53 degC during gaming for a 680M at 1.0V and 960Mhz! I find that hard to believe, maybe you measured it in games where GPU usage doesn't get very high, especially as you're living in California, and not like Finland with no central heating or something! (The thermal pads you used aren't really going to lower the temperature of the GPU core, the GPU temperature reading is from the GPU core, so it is the paste and heatsink interface that will influence this temperature).

Not above 53 degC during gaming for a 680M at 1.0V and 960Mhz! I find that hard to believe, maybe you measured it in games where GPU usage doesn't get very high, especially as you're living in California, and not like Finland with no central heating or something! (The thermal pads you used aren't really going to lower the temperature of the GPU core, the GPU temperature reading is from the GPU core, so it is the paste and heatsink interface that will influence this temperature).

The good part for me is that you don't have to believe in it, for it to be true :) I did a decent job with arctic silver thermal compound and I got high quality heat sinks. It's true that I'm in Cali, but it's not a sauna in my home - we do have air conditioning, and outside temperature has no merit to the argument.

It was tested with Elder Scrolls V Skyrim, Divinity Original Sin & Might and Magic X Legacy, last 2 released this year. All of these games were getting my old GTX 580M up to 90C when overclocked, and this card stays more than 35C cooler.

The good part for me is that you don't have to believe in it, for it to be true :) I did a decent job with arctic silver thermal compound and I got high quality heat sinks. It's true that I'm in Cali, but it's not a sauna in my home - we do have air conditioning, and outside temperature has no merit to the argument.

It was tested with Elder Scrolls V Skyrim, Divinity Original Sin & Might and Magic X Legacy, last 2 released this year. All of these games were getting my old GTX 580M up to 90C when overclocked, and this card stays more than 35C cooler.

Skyrim is CPU & platform limited most of time unless you're using all sorts of mods, and I don't know about the other 2 games. I still question 53 degC maximum temperature because I don't think it's achievable under normal environmental conditions, and also its highly unlikely that your fan tables are setup to react to a 53 degC temperature, which is another reason why I don't believe your 53 degC figure. Automatic fan control laptop tables are set up for fans to come on & ramp up to higher rpm's at warmer than 53 degC (I'd be surprised if the laptop even decided to switch it's fan on at 53 degC!). All this just puts your 53 degC figure in doubt. If you're not pushing GPU usage to 100% in the games you're playing, and you have manually set fans to 100% maximum duty cycle then I could maybe believe your 53 degC, otherwise not.

Hey guys,

I have a problem with my nvidia gtx870m.. my laptop is m18x R1 after flashing BIOS to a05 unlocked finally started to run, but the card is really slow,

my fps drops and bus interface is currently running at pci-express x8 v2.0. Any suggestion how to change it? or any bios change?

i installed modded inf driver 344.11 this is the only driver which recognized my card :(

http://img.techpowerup.org/141012/nvidia_20141011_153318.png

Thank you

please PM me :30_002:

Hi guys!

Currently trying to flash bios of GTX780m on Dell Alienware 17(haswell) laptop in order to make card work proper with 120hz screen with 3d enabled. Could you please confirm, that bios, posted on first page resolves my issue ar anything else additionak is required?

Thank you very nuch in advance! =)

Hi to all and thanks to svl7, I´ve used the vbios mod for my 680m in my alienware m17 r4, it´s been amazing, I´ve got 8110pts in 3dmark11 and 5400 in fire strike, but I wonder if it would be possible to take off the starting message from svl7 mod vbios that appears when I boot up the laptop as it make that it takes me more time to use the laptop under windows.

(I hope it not to annoy to svl7 :-)

Best regards.

Eh guys i got a noob question though... I am planning to get an OEM 8GB NVIDIA GTX 880M .... Is this compatible with an MSI GT60 (MS-16F3) if I update the stock vbios to one of @svl7 modded vbios? I got an unlock bios for the notebook. with "Launch Video OpROM - enabled/disabled/enabled when no UEFI driver... I hope i can get a feedback asap... Thanks

Hi all

I need advise about the 880m vbios compatibility. Is some of you using it with the Alienware 17 120hz screen? Can you give us your feedbacks here? Is there any bug/problem with the 120hz Alienware 17 880m?

Thank you in advance to help me!

Hi all

I need advise about the 880m vbios compatibility. Is some of you using it with the Alienware 17 120hz screen? Can you give us your feedbacks here? Is there any bug/problem with the 120hz Alienware 17 880m?

Thank you in advance to help me!

no there shouldn't be any compatibility problem.

• Thumbs Up 1

So I flashed my alienware gtx 860m vbios to the modified one and had fun! But then when I restarted my system, I couldn't change the settings whatsoever. I used to have it at +320 Mhz and +840 Mhz through Msi Afterburner and Nvidia Inspector, but now Msi Afterburner shows only stock 797 core clock and memory clock stuck at stock. Each time I move the slider to where it was before and click apply, it would just go back to stock. Same goes to Nvidia inspector for memory clock but not core clock. Help please!!!

EDIT: I ran Msi Afterburner as admin and I can now set the core clock back to +320 Mhz but can't do anything about the memory clock. What's wrong with my VRAM? I also couldn't mess with voltage on Nvidia inspector

EDIT AGAIN SORRY: Now I can set it to +320 MHz, +840 Mhz, and move voltage again. Weird. What was the anomaly that occurred with my system? Sorry if this was a stupid question. I'm new to all of this

Hi to all and thanks to svl7, I´ve used the vbios mod for my 680m in my alienware m17 r4, it´s been amazing, I´ve got 8110pts in 3dmark11 and 5400 in fire strike, but I wonder if it would be possible to take off the starting message from svl7 mod vbios that appears when I boot up the laptop as it make that it takes me more time to use the laptop under windows.

(I hope it not to annoy to svl7 :-)

Best regards.

Hi,

I recently downgraded my Windows 8.1 to Windows 7 and want to know: Do I need to flash the modded vbios again? I deleted erverything, a complete formatting of my computer!

Greetings :)

No, I don't think you need to flash it again.

Hi,

I recently downgraded my Windows 8.1 to Windows 7 and want to know: Do I need to flash the modded vbios again? I deleted erverything, a complete formatting of my computer!

Greetings :)

Just to clarify...

Firmware in your video card is installed on the flash memory of that video card. If you remove the card and put it in another laptop, the flash memory goes with it and thus, the vbios.

When you format the computer what you are actually doing is formatting the hard drive or solid state drive. This has no affect on the video card bios. If you take the hard drive or solid state drive out and put it in another machine, your operating system and all your files go with it. Moving the storage to another machine does not mean things will work properly in that machine, but that is another topic. [emoji6]

Hello new to this site. Was wondering I have a asus g750jz and a gtx 880m 4gb graphics card. I can modify the bios myself but I was wondering if you guys managed to make one for the asus 4gb version. If you have let me know shoot me a message or if we can talk about making a really nice one it would be sweet. Having a little trouble with modding the bios myself. Managed to get a +300 MHz clock on the core :P and it was stable but I got little drops now and then in performance but no overheating issues. Hoping you guys could give me a hand with editing this new bios. More use to modding older graphics cards but let me know be cool if you guys can help. :) Cheers.

• Brian featured this topic