NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

Is it removable?

No, but it can be raised until there is effectively no limit. I am not sure at what point it would harm your hardware.

For the 880M I raised it until it no longer limited my overclock. It was about 30 - 40% more than what was offered over the modded vbios.

Is there any power limitation even with unlocked vbios? I have alienware 18 with dual GTX770M i have used svl7 unlocked vbios and i can overclock up to +220/+500mem with +100mv voltage (temps never go higher than 74degrees thats on auto fan profile with liquid ultra paste) with custom fan profile temps never go beyond 55 degrees. If i use more voltage i can go up to +260 but 3dmark score drops (on gpu score) Currently on +220 i get 11750 gpu marks but if i clock to +260 with 1,15v i get max 10500.

Using NVidia Inspector raise the Power Slider all the way to the right (max) - to give you the most headroom possible.

Using NVidia Inspector raise the Power Slider all the way to the right (max) - to give you the most headroom possible.

This is gray cant touch it. Is there any way to unlock it with keppler bios twealer for example? And what i need to change? Keep in mind that im currently in SVL7 modded vbios

This is gray cant touch it. Is there any way to unlock it with keppler bios twealer for example? And what i need to change? Keep in mind that im currently in SVL7 modded vbios

Are you sure you are using the latest version of nvidia inspector?

You can use Keplar Bios Tweaker to raise the power limits.

After editing svl7 bios with svet bios tuner both cards died and no post at all. Bad flash I guess. Replaced the cards already I had some gtx770 lying spare

I've heard loads of cases where people have tried to mod svl7's vbios, and it normally ends in a brick - don't know why. (A lot of the time it was with people trying to use svet's tuner on them).

i bricked my 880M whit a bad reflash of svl7 anyone help me??the system not post anymore black screen

I'm not an expert on recovering from a bad flash, but it's happened to me once. Do you have a machine with Optimus? If so, then try taking out your CMOS battery (leaving it out for a few mins & put back in), I did that on mine and it reverted the system BIOS to default settings so that it would boot using the Intel IGP (previously I had the BIOS set to use NVidia GPU only) - I was then able to just flash back my previous vBIOS. I don't know the methods of blind flashing etc.

Thanks but not i have the 120 hz versione..and no way to get optimus

Ah, this could be a problem then. If it won't even post then I don't think you can blind flash it even, because that's the first step of the process after pressing the power button. You could take your card out & put it in a friends laptop & flash it, or take it to a computer shop & have them flash it, or you can solder a new vBIOS chip onto it apparently. Those are the options that I'm aware of, but other people please add to this or correct me if there's other options.

I have a question though when purchasing a nvidia gtx 680m (2gb dell variant).. Can I use this vcard to my msi gt60-one edition and update the vbios to @svl7 vbios? my 680m fried out due to mod bios 1.5v overclocking.

Or much better to get an nvdia gtx 780m vcard?

so if i use nvflash, it will work with any of these vbios?

if i only mod the sliders a bit, i wount have much chance of making a mistake right?

its the first time for me to flash a vbios, so any assistance would be nice even though i did quite a bit of reasearch already

if i flash my card and it doesnt work, what can i do to fix it or is it already dead? is there no way to recover? will it still work if i only flash one of my cards and not the other?

I have alienware m18 with dual 780m, so if i take one out and then flash the remaining one inside the machine, in the case i screw it up, can i just plug the nonflashed into the primary slot and then try to reverse the flash of the bricked one?

Hi there!

Could you pleas share your experience with Voltage higher than 1,0 Volt. Anyone smoked his card in doing so?

I am curious becaus I am thinking about flashing 1.025 Volt.

Best regards

phila

P.S.:

my 680m fried out due to mod bios 1.5v overclocking.

You mean 1.050 Volt, do you?!

Hi there!

Could you pleas share your experience with Voltage higher than 1,0 Volt. Anyone smoked his card in doing so?

I am curious becaus I am thinking about flashing 1.025 Volt.

Best regards

phila

P.S.:

You mean 1.050 Volt, do you?!

Mine's been fine at 1.05V for over a year now, max temperatures in the Summer are 71degC (usually 65-68degC though). If your temperatures are high and you're using a lot of voltage then you might decrease the life of your card - you definitely want it under 90 degC, and under 80degC if you can manage it. (I've not heard of anyone frying their Kepler mobile card yet, apart from the guy above!)

• Thumbs Up 1

1.25v vbios is the most stable. Don't go over 1.25 v or else your mxm vcard will die a fast one.. Mine lasted for 2 weeks only when i used the 1.05v vbios, then after 2 weeks, my laptop cannot detect the vcard gtx 680m anymore resulting to use the default gpu which is the intel hd4000.. Still saving up to get a new mxm vcard..

Mine's been fine at 1.05V for over a year now, max temperatures in the Summer are 71degC (usually 65-68degC though). If your temperatures are high and you're using a lot of voltage then you might decrease the life of your card - you definitely want it under 90 degC, and under 80degC if you can manage it. (I've not heard of anyone frying their Kepler mobile card yet, apart from the guy above!)

nice to know since im also running GTX680m at 1050V i have my fan Set to 4600 RPM when ever my GPU hits 80C and i was able to maintain it below that temp while playing shadow of mordor on high settings. :) i have it Over clocked too

• Brian featured this topic