NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

I hope this hasn't been asked already and if it has I'm sorry but i wasn't able to find it.. there are over 4k post in this thread... I have the 880m. The vbios works amazingly for me.. Only problem I have is I cant run any game off of battery power.. It crashes my computer.. If i switch back to stock games run off of battery just fine. In every other aspect this vbios is amazing! thank you very much for the work! I just hope there is a work around for this crashing issue with using battery since i try to fit in a quick game in-between classes all the time. Deadsmiley you were the one that refered me to this site and the Vbios thank you again

Just found out that the I7 4810mq has been bottlenecking my SLI GTX 870M

post-28835-1449499820548_thumb.png

this is with +40 mhz overclock lol

btw, I still don't understand why my physx is very low :(

I set max V, Max I for all option for 150Watt and 150Amperes respectively

it went 4.0ghz on 4 cores but fluctuating over time

using prema bios mod p377SM-A v1

any advice from seniors?thanks in advance

Just found out that the I7 4810mq has been bottlenecking my SLI GTX 870M

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12332[/ATTACH]

this is with +40 mhz overclock lol

btw, I still don't understand why my physx is very low :(

I set max V, Max I for all option for 150Watt and 150Amperes respectively

it went 4.0ghz on 4 cores but fluctuating over time

using prema bios mod p377SM-A v1

any advice from seniors?thanks in advance

That sounds about right for a 4810MQ.

For the video cards you need svl7's modded vbios.

good afternoon everyone,

i was trying to go through most of the thread but i was very confused which clevo 680m vbios to use and which is most updated. could anyone help me? im not looking for the overvolted vbios.

thanks

edit: i should be more clear. there are just many links to different oc vbios with stock voltage but none have a modified date so i have no idea which is the most up to date. again my gpu is the p150em clevo 680m. the vbios im currently using is one from this thread but like 12mo old lol

Yeah, repaste, make sure the cooling fins are free of dust and maybe do a retention / backplate mod in order to increase the pressure on the die.

I get lower temps in my system (which was never designed to run with this card).

Does flashing the vbios with this modification disable GPU boost? Sometimes I get inconsistent FPS in games like Half-Life 2 because it underclocks causing fps to drop below 132 which is what I get constantly at home with my desktop GTX 580.

Yes it forces boost clocks all the time.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I dunno why but after some nvidia driver updates i can no longer OC my core clock speed, it will OC but as soon as you restart the PC it will default back to stock speeds until you redo the OC again. Never used to do this.

That's the default behavior. You need a program to set the custom clocks on boot. I use Precision X to do it personally.

In order to have your overclock apply all the time without software setting it, you would have to modify the vbios with your own custom values.

That's what makes overclocking safe - if you reboot the machine or it freezes, shuts itself off, etc, the values are cleared.

That's the default behavior. You need a program to set the custom clocks on boot. I use Precision X to do it personally.

In order to have your overclock apply all the time without software setting it, you would have to modify the vbios with your own custom values.

That's what makes overclocking safe - if you reboot the machine or it freezes, shuts itself off, etc, the values are cleared.

I know im using MSI after burner but still no luck.

Hello again, nobody answered me before ( :/ ) :

http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/1847-nvidia-kepler-vbios-mods-overclocking-editions-modified-clocks-voltage-tweaks-450.html#post99964

but I'm still trying to do something with my GTX770m, and I just got other idea: is it possible to get unlocked only (without 'OC edition', optimalisation, higher clocks etc.), just unlocked voltage&clock version of this bios:

zip.gif.pagespeed.ce.GKpIp-Zg3W.gifMSI 770m - 80.06.54.00.11 'OC edition' - rev02.zip

I don't know why my card doesn't like this one above , byt maybe that's the way I can get more power?

I know im using MSI after burner but still no luck.

Did your set on boot setting get disabled?

I would use nvidia inspector. It usually has more options enabled for overclocking.

I don't know why everyone loves that program, nothing but problems for me and less fine tune voltage adjustment than Precision X has.

I always got annoyed when I would set one card, go to set the other, and come back to the main card just to see the settings didn't take and have to do them again.

Personally I've not had a great experience with MSI or Inspector but I have zero issues with the old Precision X (I don't install RTSS though because I have that installed for use with Hwinfo).

Did your set on boot setting get disabled?

I don't know why everyone loves that program, nothing but problems for me and less fine tune voltage adjustment than Precision X has.

I always got annoyed when I would set one card, go to set the other, and come back to the main card just to see the settings didn't take and have to do them again.

Personally I've not had a great experience with MSI or Inspector but I have zero issues with the old Precision X (I don't install RTSS though because I have that installed for use with Hwinfo).

I don't love it. It simply works better for me than the other two programs.

Inspector is an indispensable program for power users because of its game profile tool. If you want to set custom AA and SLI flags or assign different profiles to games, you need Inspector. Considering the sorry state of SLI support for most new titles (and many older titles) and the lack of AA options, you couldn't pry Inspector from my cold dead hands if you wanted to. The GeForce 3D Profile Manager is much less intuitive since you're basically just editing the raw XML file.

Afterburner and Precision are designed for desktop cards and can't adjust voltage or power and temperature targets on most mobile GPU's even with a modded vBIOS. And I don't believe you can individually adjust cards in SLI either. Afterburner has really beefy hardware monitoring and game/desktop recording functionality as well as much better support from the developer. Precision was abandoned by that same developer and the most recent release was taken down due to EVGA's plagiarism. I personally stick with Inspector and Afterburner.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hello!

Dear friends,

I hane a big problem.

After apply my ,,unlocked,, gtx 680m from p170em to 150em inc. vga sm cooling system, in Nvidia Inspector, after load working profile clocks from p170em (1096mhz/2250mhz), when I'm try open 3d games, my p150em it is immediate shutdown.

On my 170em this clocks profile working perfectly. On 170em I'm have stock Bios but on my new p150em I'm apply latest Prema Bios.

Why my p150em, after loading working profile from p170em and starting 3d applications it's shutting of? This is PSU problem? On p170em I'm have 220w but on p150em only 180w.

Gtx on stock clock is working normally, only I'm have problem after loading overclocking values and start 3d application.

Gtx 680m bios- 80.04.33.00.10_'OCedition'_revised_01 - OV 1050v.zip

p150embios- latest Prema mod v2 T2 version.

Please help me!

Hello!

Dear friends,

I hane a big problem.

After apply my ,,unlocked,, gtx 680m from p170em to 150em inc. vga sm cooling system, in Nvidia Inspector, after load working profile clocks from p170em (1096mhz/2250mhz), when I'm try open 3d games, my p150em it is immediate shutdown.

On my 170em this clocks profile working perfectly. On 170em I'm have stock Bios but on my new p150em I'm apply latest Prema Bios.

Why my p150em, after loading working profile from p170em and starting 3d applications it's shutting of? This is PSU problem? On p170em I'm have 220w but on p150em only 180w.

Gtx on stock clock is working normally, only I'm have problem after loading overclocking values and start 3d application.

Please help me!

Is your power supply light going out when this happens? That would tell you if you're tripping over current protection. My guess is that you are.

Hello!

Dear friends,

I hane a big problem.

Please help me!

The measly 180W power supply looks like it might the the culprit. My system uses up to 170W rarely with my overclocked 670MX in some games, so with your 680M overclocked to just a shade below my 670MX figure, then you'll be using 180W MOST of the time when playing games. I think you need to drop your overclock to stay within the 180W limits or beef up your power adapter, and if you buy a Killawatt meter you'll be able to see how much power your adapter is drawing from the wall.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks All for reply!

My Clevo p150em PSU has not any light but after crash shutdown, i need manually turn off PSU from wall electric socket because laptop does not recognise them.

On wensday I will propably buy Dell PSU (240w/9,5v/12.2)

I was thinking when I am changing bios for fully unlocked Prema modyfications, any electric/sof barriers is turned off...

XTU on Prema mod is fully unlocked.

Motherboard on my p150em is seems to be ok, gtx 680m without overclocking is working properly on any 3d applications

Hi guys, first of all I want to thank prema and svl7 for P377SM-A bios, GTX 870M bios and guide to flash the bios

thanks to deadsmiley and klem as well by giving me the clue to keep tweaking my machine

so today I got this one :D

post-28835-14494998268856_thumb.jpeg

This is the best I can pull out of my 870M SLI with both CPU+GPU OC

I suspect there is a little fluctuation in clocks as it seems like to exceed the 330Watt power limit

however, it is how it is.

and of course it's obvious, the 192bit bus + considerably lower bandwidth (compared to 880M) were the main cause why it is barely 16K on graphic score, although the gpu clock was high enough

• Thumbs Up 1

The measly 180W power supply looks like it might the the culprit. My system uses up to 170W rarely with my overclocked 670MX in some games, so with your 680M overclocked to just a shade below my 670MX figure, then you'll be using 180W MOST of the time when playing games. I think you need to drop your overclock to stay within the 180W limits or beef up your power adapter, and if you buy a Killawatt meter you'll be able to see how much power your adapter is drawing from the wall.

sorry if it is not so smart question, but Is there laptop adapter higher than 330W (other than combining with converter box from clevo)

Even though I had issue with my old gpu in Precision X, after solving the problem it worked great. What happened was that the VoltageTuner would consume a lot of resources - it was started with the main program - but just deleting the voltagetuner.exe did it.

• Brian featured this topic