NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

Was the 880m vbios tested while working on battery mode?

I've got a Precision M6800 with 340.65 drivers with modified inf. On Win7 even in 2d gpu driver is constantly crashing while on battery.

With same driver on Win8.1 it's crashing while trying to run somehting in 3d.

Was the 880m vbios tested while working on battery mode?

I've got a Precision M6800 with 340.65 drivers with modified inf. On Win7 even in 2d gpu driver is constantly crashing while on battery.

With same driver on Win8.1 it's crashing while trying to run somehting in 3d.

Svl7 enables the gpu so that it can be used on battery. With the default bios the card is permanently disabled on battery. The problem with enabling it is the default clocks and voltage draw too much power for the battery to sustain. When running on battery you can disable the card in the nvidia control panel, or you can force it into a lower power state that still outperforms the integrated graphics with nvidia inspector.

Hi svl7!!!

I regret inform you that Bios "Nvidia GTX 880m - 'OC edition' - rev00" is not working with MSI GT70 2PE (Nvidia Grafik card GTX 880m) & I need re-flash again with the original Vbios.

When I flashed it for first time with Bios"Nvidia GTX 880m - 'OC edition' - rev00" and after switched on computer, OS didn´t recognize the graphic card...keeping this grafic cards as generic without name (no-name). Then I needed flash again with previous vbios.

I hope that you can fix it in the future.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Present vbios version is: 80.04.EA.00.03 (P2053-0002) subvendor: MSI (1462)

You can't use a Dell 330W on a Clevo, you need the ADP-330AB D PSU. Dell is AB B

Sent from my HTC One_M8 on Tapatalk

Is it because of dilifference jack diameter only or also other things difference? I noticed that Dell has 19.5V output while Clevo has 19.0 V. Will this alright to use?

hi,

i am new to the forums and would like to use the modded vbios for the required performance boost... i have an alienware m18x r2 with gtx 680m 2gb sli installed , now that i have backed up my stock vbios i am almost ready to flash the modded vbois but i couldn't tell which version to flash ...please could anyone suggest me a version which works best for my specification in gpu z i can see the bios version to be 80.04.5b.00.02.

after the flashing of vbios do i have to use the modded nvidia drivers or the stock ones from the website will work just fine.

sorry in advance if you find my questions noobish ,, i have hit the search button but couldn't find any relevant information

really appreciate any help

hi,

i am new to the forums and would like to use the modded vbios for the required performance boost... i have an alienware m18x r2 with gtx 680m 2gb sli installed , now that i have backed up my stock vbios i am almost ready to flash the modded vbois but i couldn't tell which version to flash ...please could anyone suggest me a version which works best for my specification in gpu z i can see the bios version to be 80.04.5b.00.02.

after the flashing of vbios do i have to use the modded nvidia drivers or the stock ones from the website will work just fine.

sorry in advance if you find my questions noobish ,, i have hit the search button but couldn't find any relevant information

really appreciate any help

If I was you I'd use this one: Dell 680m - 80.04.5B.00.02_'OCedition'_revised_00.zip. That's listed on the first page of this thread, it's the same vBIOS code as yours. You can use stock NVidia drivers from their website.

• Thumbs Up 1

If I was you I'd use this one: Dell 680m - 80.04.5B.00.02_'OCedition'_revised_00.zip. That's listed on the first page of this thread, it's the same vBIOS code as yours. You can use stock NVidia drivers from their website.

Thanks robbo for your prompt reply ... After flashing the vbios we will get the performance boost or do we still need to tweak the gpu with some sort of software

And can i revert to the stock vbios if for some reason the modded vbios don't work out for me.

Thanks

Thanks robbo for your prompt reply ... After flashing the vbios we will get the performance boost or do we still need to tweak the gpu with some sort of software

And can i revert to the stock vbios if for some reason the modded vbios don't work out for me.

Thanks

To get more performance from your GPU you would need to overclock - all the modded vBIOS on here run at stock clocks (although some of them run at max boost clocks as default). Either way, the overclocking limits of +135Mhz on the core have been removed, so you can overclock further with these vBIOS if stability allows. I recommend NVidia Inspector for your overclocking efforts. Yes, you can revert back to stock vBIOS, just make sure you do a backup of your existing stock vBIOS. Instructions on how to do this & how to flash a modified vBIOS are listed in a link in the first post of this thread.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well that's interesting.

The 880M modded vbios is actually LOWER voltage than my stock vbios.

I had my cards replaced and at stock, the master was using 1.012v for 992.9 and the slave was using 1.018v for 992.9

The mod uses 1v for 992.9 on both cards.

I ran Valley for 20 minutes with auto fans, max temp 87C on both cards, fan curve kicked in and kicked the master down to 80C and the slave to 82C.

Gonna throw Sleeping Dogs at it and see what happens.

Also, my clocks are dropping back to 2D levels like they are supposed to. I'm confused, this wasn't happening before with the modded vbios, not sure what changed. I'm using the nVidia 340 series driver.

EDIT:

Here's Sleeping Dogs first

21177s5.png

Here's Bioshock Infinite immediately after

1z2qh5t.png

No throttling and I had auto fans, max temp was 88C on the slave, 87C on the master.

Here's HWInfo for the whole session (note that the average temp is going to be off because it was a few minutes after I stopped gaming when Bioshock crashed (most likely not related to anything, that game just crashes occasionally).

20foymq.png

It seems I owe @svl7 an apology for claiming his vbios was the problem. The old cards were simply defective from the start. No doubt the temps would be a few degrees lower if I had the fans on max but the point of this test was to see if the system is indeed capable of dissipating 125W worth of 880M without a) crossing into the 90s and B) needing max fans and c) without locking 3D clocks 24/7 - it passed on all 3 counts.

• Thumbs Up 2

Thanks for your work!

I'm also going to flash your 880m VBios and will try to get a little undervolt to manage the temps....

Will post my results if everything goes well.

Best of luck, 1v is pretty low for 993MHz on a GK104 core. A friend of mine with 780s has to use 1.025v to get his cards to 993MHz stable.

thanks robbo i find you posts very useful, i am trying to download the modded vbios files now that i am ready but i am not able to ..so do i need the T I elite membership?

You should be able to download them fine now, as you have at least 5 posts. (possible that maybe the admins have to 'verify' your posts though before you're able to download)

- - - Updated - - -

@Ethrem, looks like you're sorted now with your 880M's, looks like they're finally working as they should - you've had a load of problems with them, but seems fine now, with pretty good temperatures too. Looks like you'll finally be able to enjoy them, and not have any buyer's regret! One thing I would say is be careful with your overclocking efforts - I think I read that if your cards crash a certain number of times during your testing to establish a maximum overclock it can then hamstring your cards to a lower performance (like some kind of flag is set - a weird quirk of the 880M) - so maybe best not to try any overclocking with them.

Best of luck, 1v is pretty low for 993MHz on a GK104 core. A friend of mine with 780s has to use 1.025v to get his cards to 993MHz stable.

Okay that doesn't sound promising :/

Unfortunately I'm running extremly high temps in my MSI GT60 (up to 93 degree under heavy load), so it throttles a lot at the moment.

But we will see - Maybe I'm lucky with my sample. I will also do a repaste today with Gelid GC Extreme and hope that I can lower the temps by at least 5C.

• Brian featured this topic