NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

help I can not read my VBIOS

neither with gpu z (bios reading not supported in any way on this device) or with NVFLASH

(unconfiguret display adapter device not found accsessible)

what can I do?

Make sure you have the nvidia card selected and not the Intel Graphics. I did that once...

Just to be sure, the vBios is completely seperate from the Bios correct? I ask because I am new to this scene, and Im looking to fix annoying throttling problems and undervolt rather than do any serious oc. If I've installed Prema Mod, can I still install the vBios without problems? Sorry for the newbie question, we all gotta start somewhere :D

Hi there, im having a problem with your vbios on my p370sm-a laptop. its flashed on a GTX 880m and my problem is i cant run my laptop without the power lead in. when i unplug and load up google chrome for example. the screen will freeze but sound will still work and mouse input. when i plug it back in, it will recover within 20 seconds and come up with nvidea kernal crash and recover. had your bios on for a few days, and tryed everything to get it to run on battery, but no luck. have flashed back to stock bios just now and i am running google chrome right now typing this message on battery power. running any other application has the same effect with the modded bios, just freezes up the graphics driver. any help would be awesome, your bios was awesome other than this problem!

cheers, Rob

Hi folks,

when I try to dump my BIOS i get the following error:

ERROR: Error: Display adapter's EEPROM ID process failed

I used nvflash version 5.163. The card I tried to dump is a GTX850M.

Is there another way to dump that bios?

Hi there, im having a problem with your vbios on my p370sm-a laptop. its flashed on a GTX 880m and my problem is i cant run my laptop without the power lead in. when i unplug and load up google chrome for example. the screen will freeze but sound will still work and mouse input. when i plug it back in, it will recover within 20 seconds and come up with nvidea kernal crash and recover.

Odd, I'll try to look into that. What was your original vbios version?

Hi folks,

when I try to dump my BIOS i get the following error:

ERROR: Error: Display adapter's EEPROM ID process failed

Your vbios is probably part of the system bios. What kind of system are you using?

Odd, I'll try to look into that. What was your original vbios version?

Cheers! would be much appreciated. was loving your bios apart from that one defeating problem!

The original bios is nothing special, in gpuz it reads as device ID: 10DE - 1198 device vender: clevo / kapok (1558) bios version: 80.04.9E.00.02

This is the stock bios that i am currently running on and its flawless in terms of running on battery power. runs games, albeit at lower frame rates. runs all my applications including chrome, VLC etc etc

If it would help you, i could do some tests. i could start by reflashing the current modded bios you have out for the gtx880m and see if my problem persists?

Cheers, Rob

c

If it would help you, i could do some tests. i could start by reflashing the current modded bios you have out for the gtx880m and see if my problem persists?

Thanks, reflashing won't be necessary. I'll have to take a look at the vbios again.

I have attached my BIOS. Maybe u can take a look if the vBios is part of the Bios.

I'm sorry, I won't work on bios mods unless I know that there's at least a chance of flashing a modified firmware without issues. Thanks to secure boot and related crap it can be impossible to just flash an unsigned image.

I'll need you to run this in DOS and send me the file / post the file it creates. That will already give me some information I need. Also I'll need a link to an official bios update if available.

Yeah, that's cool. I've requested from svl7 an extension to the 670MX vBIOS that I'm using (and that he provided) so I can use 1.1V and over 1200Mhz on the core. Hoping he can mod it for me. I should be able to get 1200Mhz on my 'measly' 960 cores! ;-) (reckon my GPU would consume just a shade over 100W with that overclock given my current KillaWatt readings)

How are your temps on the 670MX? I have a Clevo P370EM with 670MX running in SLI. I am currently at 1050/1150 CPU/MEM at 1.025 and running about 75-77 degrees while gaming. Currently I get around 8350 on Firestrike graphics and 12600 on 3dmark11 graphics.

How are your temps on the 670MX? I have a Clevo P370EM with 670MX running in SLI. I am currently at 1050/1150 CPU/MEM at 1.025 and running about 75-77 degrees while gaming. Currently I get around 8350 on Firestrike graphics and 12600 on 3dmark11 graphics.

svl7 hasn't done the 1.1V mod that I requested in the post that you quoted, but I am using his 1.05V version. Now being summer in the UK at my max overclock for gaming & benchmarking of 1124Mhz at 1.05V (1150Mhz on the VRAM), 26 degC room temperature and 69 degC GPU core temperature max. I think your temperatures are good, under 80 degC is good in my opinion.

I need help with a Gtx 670M with the curent Vbios version 80.04.58.00.03 to make it run with my Schenker Xmg P511 (it has a MSI 16F2 Mainboard) Further the Gpu iam using is originally a Sli Version Gpu

I would appreciate any help due to iam new on the Vbios flash terrain.

Thanks for the work there, svl7. I've got a few questions about flashing the vbios. Really appreciate if someone can help me with that.

1. Does the 870M modded vbios use the stock settings (voltage, GPU clock & Memory clock), and disable the GPU Boost?

2. If a bad vbios flash occurs, would my Clevo P157SM still be able to boot up with the iGPU and allows me to flash the stock vbios that I have backed up? (Unless the bios itself has defects and cannot boot up with the iGPU. And in this case, the only option is to have RMA. Am I correct about this?)

Hi guys ...

I've got a GT60 0NC with a GTX780M. Since I had constant frame crashes, I have Nvidia GTX 780m - 'OC edition' - rev02.zip flashed from here. The notebook but will not start now ... the post screen comes and there where right Dynaudio & Intel is running, ne sequence-number ... 99 B4 92 and then the unit will remain standing and freezes at 92!

In the thread there is extra, which should work on MSI cards ...

How can I fix the error now?

Hi guys ...

I've got a GT60 0NC with a GTX780M. Since I had constant frame crashes, I have Nvidia GTX 780m - 'OC edition' - rev02.zip flashed from here. The notebook but will not start now ... the post screen comes and there where right Dynaudio & Intel is running, ne sequence-number ... 99 B4 92 and then the unit will remain standing and freezes at 92!

In the thread there is extra, which should work on MSI cards ...

How can I fix the error now?

Stick the card in another machine and reflash with the correct vbios or solder the chip. 92 refers to PCI bus initialization if I remember correctly. It doesn't recognize your card anymore.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Hi there,

Unfortunately this is not possible. I only have a MS-16F2 barebone, which here is not compatible with the GTX780M. Furthermore, although I have lying around a MS-16F3 motherboard, which also went yesterday ... but today only flashes the power button when turning it on, no idea why.

Does anyone else have an idea?

One of the differences is listed at the start of this thread in Post #2. Search the page for 80.04.29.00.01 and you'll see what I'm referring.

So, finally got the time to start flashing away my 680M on my P170EM, started with Clevo 680m - 80.04.33.00.10 'OCedition' revised_01 but, it gave me trouble with the drivers with the graphics card giving a warning in the device manager and not working. Re-installing the drivers did not fix it. Decided to flash again with the Clevo 680m - 80.04.67.00.01 'OCedition' revised_01, this one did it for me with no trouble with drivers and/or overclock easily reaching 900Mhz core stable. Do you guys know if this is normal?

Now I have to do some stability testing to find out the right clocks.

Thanks for the help!

• Brian featured this topic