NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

• Bios Modder
hey i finally got around to flashing that bios, it still wont let me oc the core, i can oc the mem speed but not the core speed

Send me PM.

So.. I'm getting my P370SM-A with dual 880M's... So I should expect it to be stable or what?

Why won't @svl7 release the vBIOS? Any ideas?

Edit: read in another topic that there are people taking credit for John's and svl7 work... This makes me sad :'(

Enviado do meu SM-N9005 através de Tapatalk

So.. I'm getting my P370SM-A with dual 880M's... So I should expect it to be stable or what?

Why won't @svl7 release the vBIOS? Any ideas?

Good question... But you must read first @svl7' review on GTX 880m. Just look on the main page and you'll find out why.

• Thumbs Up 1

Good question... But you must read first @svl7' review on GTX 880m. Just look on the main page and you'll find out why.

He doesn't say a specific reason for not releasing it.. And yes I read the whole review

Which topic?

His review:

http://www.techinferno.com/2014/01/31/review-nvidia-gtx-880m/

so it means the gtx 880m modded vbios will not release?

No idea... Hope he does :(

He doesn't say a specific reason for not releasing it.. And yes I read the whole review

His review:

[Review] Nvidia GTX 880m

No idea... Hope he does :(

Svl7 has replied about gtx 880m moded vbios at #3724

Here is what he said:

Sup dudes, busy days... thanks for sharing your vbios copies, really appreciate it!

800m series mods will come. 880m mod is actually ready for quite a while now, those who followed our benchmarks etc are probably aware of that. It's not like we don't like to share, that would be a ridiculous assumption, especially looking at the 600m and 700m series mods, however we have some reasons to relax a bit and wait... can't ask anyone to understand this, but please... some patience would be nice. Also I have hardly seen any 800m benchmark at stock clocks or overclocked with stock vbios so far... yet so many are screaming for a vbios mod. Would be interesting to see what the refreshed cards are capable at stock...

I think all we can do is have patience and wait.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here is what he said:

Sup dudes, busy days... thanks for sharing your vbios copies, really appreciate it!

800m series mods will come. 880m mod is actually ready for quite a while now, those who followed our benchmarks etc are probably aware of that. It's not like we don't like to share, that would be a ridiculous assumption, especially looking at the 600m and 700m series mods, however we have some reasons to relax a bit and wait... can't ask anyone to understand this, but please... some patience would be nice. Also I have hardly seen any 800m benchmark at stock clocks or overclocked with stock vbios so far... yet so many are screaming for a vbios mod. Would be interesting to see what the refreshed cards are capable at stock...

Okay good to know. Patience is key.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Here is what he said:

Thanks mate that post really slipped thru my fingers ;)

Oh, sorry, because I had tried svl7's modded Dell K4000M bios before. Same problem, same 135 limit. Now, indeed, I reverted to the ID of the original HP bios. Still no go, however...

I think I posted this in the wrong thread earlier. Am I correct in understanding that I would flash the modded dell vbios even though it is installed in a hp system? I obtained a dell card.

Noob here, just a small question to ask though. I got an Alienware 17 (2013 edition) running on a stock nVidia 780M. Now I'm highly tempted to upgrade to the 880M (yes I've read all the reviews and info available regarding its performance, but hell I just want the latest card in my machine lol :D). Now I'm after the Clevo 880M for sale on eBay by upgrademonkey, so will this card be 'plug-and-play' ready straight into the laptop? Will I have to wait for modded VBIOS for it to work in the Alienware? As far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong) Dell has updated the 17 and 18 inchers with the 800M series for a few months now, and the latest driver from Nvidia works on both 700M and 800M in an AW machine too, so there's no need for a modded INF driver.

Gtx 680m 4gb was playing far cry 3 with oc 980 and 2399 and i got crash them the i restarted it and the pc didnt recognize the gpu and i tried to reflash it and still didnt recognize and now is running the intel hd and the fans ar at 100 % my pc is msi gt70 one-452us is there r any fix????? Did i break the gpu??? Also the temps were 79 never passed 80 and only it was for a moment that i was playing under 5 mins i was starting a mission and get on a card??? Should i remove the card and put back it to see what happen

Gtx 680m 4gb was playing far cry 3 with oc 980 and 2399 and i got crash them the i restarted it and the pc didnt recognize the gpu and i tried to reflash it and still didnt recognize and now is running the intel hd and the fans ar at 100 % my pc is msi gt70 one-452us is there r any fix????? Did i break the gpu??? Also the temps were 79 never passed 80 and only it was for a moment that i was playing under 5 mins i was starting a mission and get on a card??? Should i remove the card and put back it to see what happen

My GPU went missing once - removing it from the slot, cleaning the contacts of GPU & using a can of compressed air to clean the slot, and replacing it back into the slot fixed the problem for me. Don't know which of those actions fixed the problem, but it worked for me.

hey i have a slight problem with my 680m since i flashed the vbios there are time when the card itself will clock downt o stock clocks of 324 \ 800 and it wont go higher no matter what i do is this a bad flash or is it something within windows 7 after i reboot my alienware the clocks go back just fine

hey i have a slight problem with my 680m since i flashed the vbios there are time when the card itself will clock downt o stock clocks of 324 \ 800 and it wont go higher no matter what i do is this a bad flash or is it something within windows 7 after i reboot my alienware the clocks go back just fine

Temperatures? Anyone reading this, if you've got throttling, always load up GPUz and check your temperatures. My card would throttle at 87 degC for example, others you can set the temperature throttle in NVidia Inspector to 93 degC, maybe you can even set it higher too (but I think you can't set it above 100 degC). You'd always want to keep your GPU under 90 degC I would say.

see here:

http://www.techinferno.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/780m_sliders_final.jpg

Although, don't know what the throttling temperature is of the 680M, I'd imagine depending on what's set in the vbios.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Brian featured this topic