NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

I wish they had included what exactly the beta EC changed. All I got from him was that it allowed better use of power by the cpu/gpu.

I just wish they would share more information, instead Svet holds all the cards and charges for mods.

Hi everyone.

Yesterday I've received my new Asus G750JH with GTX780M. I'm really excited and I want to OC it in order to try to get the same performance of the 880M. I've searched the thread but I haven't found any download link for the modified vbios (I think they were deleted). It's possible to post it again?

And what OC software do you advice?

Thank you very much!

I guess it is better to ask here.

Is it possible to disable voltage throttling when temperature hits 60C? Overclocking is not so stable if voltage drops from 1.075 to 1.037. I'd rather had constant 1.06V.

650M soldered (MSI GE70)

Would it be possible/make sense to flash an 880m with a 780m vBIOS with clocks same as 880m? Or is there/will there be a vBIOS mod for the 880m SLI to eliminate this issue/bug? On the Sager NP9377 / P377SM-A I am getting black screen with anything over 60Hz. It is quite annoying to have a 120Hz screen but be limited to 60Hz. Thanks!

Would it be possible/make sense to flash an 880m with a 780m vBIOS with clocks same as 880m? Or is there/will there be a vBIOS mod for the 880m SLI to eliminate this issue/bug? On the Sager NP9377 / P377SM-A I am getting black screen with anything over 60Hz. It is quite annoying to have a 120Hz screen but be limited to 60Hz. Thanks!

Wow, that's amazing that they've supplied you a laptop with a 120Hz screen that's not supporting anything over 60Hz! As you know HTWingNut (remember you from notebookforums) the 780M and 880M are the same chips apart from some 880M's have 8GB VRAM in contrast to 4GB VRAM of the 780M (and also higher clocks like you mentioned). I don't see why flashing it to a 780M wouldn't work, but perhaps only it would work if you have a 4GB version of the 880M (I heard they do exist). I think it could possibly brick your 880M if it's the 8GB version, or perhaps you might end up with only 4GB VRAM accessible. Considering that you have sli I wonder if there's a way of testing it by flashing only one card to see if it works, that way you might be able to avoid any blind flashing to fix a bricked card?

Good question about when the modified vBIOS for the 880M will appear, I have no idea. @svl7, is there any word on when the modified 880M vBIOS might appear?

I guess it is better to ask here.

Is it possible to disable voltage throttling when temperature hits 60C? Overclocking is not so stable if voltage drops from 1.075 to 1.037. I'd rather had constant 1.06V.

650M soldered (MSI GE70)

Set it to 1.100, it will be constant 1.062.

Set it to 1.100, it will be constant 1.062.

I had almost such vBIOS (1.12>1.075) but this way temperature goes insanely fast from 40 to 60 while now temps are in 55-65 range. Therefore voltage fluctuates and overclocking is not stable.

I only gave it a +600 core clock limit tweakable with msi afterburner, nvidia inspector etc. Tell me if you need anything else like increased voltage, disabled boost or whatnot.

[ATTACH]11220[/ATTACH]

hi,cresterk

i got msi gt70(1762) with 880m,

i can't OC 880m over than +60 mhz(without modded vbios),

it always crash,

even i flashed OV vbios,it still crash!

do you have any idea how to fix it?

BTW,the 880m vbios can be unlock the TDP limit?

Here is my OV version 1012.zipvbios

hi,cresterk

it always crash,

Here is my OV version [ATTACH]11349[/ATTACH]vbios

The 880m is pretty much a 780m overclocked to its limits. I would wait for Svl7 or Klem to finish experimenting with it, they are much more experienced than me and they seem to be having trouble with it.

Btw, hows the 1762 coping with the heat of an 880m? I have a 1762 as well and I was thinking of getting a 780m/880m.

it always crash,

Here is my OV version [ATTACH]11349[/ATTACH]vbios

I got the same msi notebook, i can oc 880 to 55mhz and then it crash. I guess this is limit of this chip.

The Sager already seems to have another issue since the card doesn't even boost in the first place. 780m vbios won't work because of the memory. If you can't run 120Hz then it's purely a bios limitation and figuring that out without having a machine would require you to flash some rather experimental stuff. Doesn't that machine officially support the 880m? Clevo is really disappointing.

Good question about when the modified vBIOS for the 880M will appear, I have no idea. @svl7, is there any word on when the modified 880M vBIOS might appear?

We don't know yet for sure, so far we haven't seen many 880m out there... it'll come.

650M soldered (MSI GE70)

That's possible.

You should buy a P37xSM 3D version. After all, isn't a 100% intel dependent platform. What you expect?

;)

Hi,

Been reading this thread for a couple of days into the wee hours.

Probably ended up confusing myself.

I have a 680M 2GB in a Meridon laptop.

It is, according to Techpowerup a MSI card (1462)

Vbios 80.04.33.003b (P2051-503)

To download one of the edited Vbios's here how close to the above spec do I need to be.

I can see MSI 4GB Vbios's.

Been playing the editing game and NvidiaInspector allows me to overclock.

I have bee up to 1000 clock and 2500 memory with no artifacting and reasonable temps but considering the high numbers 3Dmark11 comes out at 7014 GPU.

I admit to being a total newbie and have been Uber impressed by the mine of info and expertise here.

Not looking to break records but to get the golden egg of best performance/framerates for 3d games without getting too hot and melting the card hehe.

In a nutshell looking for some guidance on what edited Vbios I can safely flash.

ta in advance.

Regards

GW

The 880m is pretty much a 780m overclocked to its limits. I would wait for Svl7 or Klem to finish experimenting with it, they are much more experienced than me and they seem to be having trouble with it.

Btw, hows the 1762 coping with the heat of an 880m? I have a 1762 as well and I was thinking of getting a 780m/880m.

OC +50mhz the temp around 79~81 with turbofan.

Poor oc right now 😩

Hi

Has any work been done with MSI (1462) 2GB 680m Vbios?

Looked through over 250 pages so far and searches only seem to show 4GB version.

My Vbios is 80.04.33.00.3B - looking for an edited Vbios - I have tweaked a copy of my original and has some limited success.

Regards

GW

Hi,

Been continuing to tinker with modding my default vbios.

Improving on successes albeit never going to join any elite club.

Come across an interesting anomaly with some settings and wondered if anyone has experienced similar or could reason it.

I have run the following three times each time starting the tests at the same temperature - 29C.

At the following settings 900 core and 2400 mem Heaven4.0 reaches 84C and 3DMark11 reaches 77C.

At 941 core and 2500 mem Heaven 4.0 reaches 81C and 3DMark11 reaches 75C.

These results were the same on all runs with little exception.

My deciding factor for running the 680M is of course a balance between performance and temps - not really wanting to stray too much into the mid 80C temps.

Bit of a no brainer to leave it at the higher settings but wondered if anyone could shed any light on it?

Regards

GW

• Brian featured this topic