NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

Yep, no problem. Did you see my edit in my last message - I don't think there's a VBIOS file listed in this thread that allows for overvolting of the 675MX. There might be one lurking somewhere in this thread, but it's not on the first page as far as I can see - have you found one yet?

(So how did you manage to overvolt your last one!?)

Oh ok. I was under the impression that they were able to be overvolted. I was using svet's vbios tuner to change the voltage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that why you had to send your laptop back to the manufacturer - you bricked your card after using SVET's VBIOS Tuner on svl7s VBIOS!? I've heard users bricking their cards trying to use that combination of program & VBIOS file. I wouldn't take that approach if I was you. If you want an overvoltable VBIOS for your 675MX, then I would request svl7 to make you one at this thread:

http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/4635-bios-vbios-modification-request-thread-svl7.html

Also, sometimes other users on this forum can create VBIOS files with fixed overvolts, so maybe one of those guys will see your post and help you out with that one.

- - - Updated - - -

What's your ASIC Quality? (see my post a few posts back) Are your temperatures OK of your GPU?

Is that why you had to send your laptop back to the manufacturer - you bricked your card after using SVET's VBIOS Tuner on svl7s VBIOS!? I've heard users bricking their cards trying to use that combination of program & VBIOS file. I wouldn't take that approach if I was you. If you want an overvoltable VBIOS for your 675MX, then I would request svl7 to make you one at this thread:

http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/4635-bios-vbios-modification-request-thread-svl7.html

Also, sometimes other users on this forum can create VBIOS files with fixed overvolts, so maybe one of those guys will see your post and help you out with that one.

- - - Updated - - -

What's your ASIC Quality? (see my post a few posts back) Are your temperatures OK of your GPU?

My ASIC qual is 76.9%. Not really sure what that means though. Man I'm wish I knew about bricking my gpu before I did my last one. It's a huge bummer going from 1000+/1100+ to what I have now.

Those scores look pretty good to me, when I run my GPU at the same overclock as yours I get GPU score of 6467, but that 3% difference may likely be due to different drivers (I'm using the latest 334.67 drivers). I doubt your card is throttling though, because the score would be a lot lower than just 3%, so it looks like everything is working well for your system. Cool, good stuff, enjoy!

Small update. With unigine heaven I observed some random instability @ 1120Mhz. So my prime- and unigine heaven-stable value at 1.012 Volts is 1070 Mhz, whis is still much more than I expected.

My ASIC qual is 76.9%. Not really sure what that means though. Man I'm wish I knew about bricking my gpu before I did my last one. It's a huge bummer going from 1000+/1100+ to what I have now.

Ah, well your ASIC Quality is similar to mine, so from that point of view you might expect it to overclock similarly, but it hasn't always been a reliable indicator from what I've seen in the past, and also not with yours it seems. Well, you might just have to accept that your chip doesn't overclock very well. A modified VBIOS with an overvolt isn't going to help that much. For mine, going from 0.925V at 928Mhz to 1.05V at 1124Mhz, that's the difference that 125mv makes, which is 1.568Mhz per 1mv, so if you're at 750Mhz at 0.925V then I don't think you're gonna get much more than another 150Mhz or so by running at 1.05V (your GPU wouldn't respond quite as much with increased voltage), but you can try it if you find someone who can mod your VBIOS.

Small update. With unigine heaven I observed some random instability @ 1120Mhz. So my prime- and unigine heaven-stable value at 1.012 Volts is 1070 Mhz, whis is still much more than I expected.

That's good still!

My 6990M recently died and I decided to upgrade to the 680M.

I have a Sager 8150 (p150hm) with 2630QM, running the clevo 80.04.29.00.01 OC edition. I also have a 180w psu. I cant seem to OC above 855/1130 without getting pink/purple jaggies and my drivers failing. I am running the newest 332.21 nvidia drivers. Am i doing something wrong or am I just less fortunate and my 680M just doesnt like being OC'd..

Thanks for any help!

My 6990M recently died and I decided to upgrade to the 680M.

I have a Sager 8150 (p150hm) with 2630QM, running the clevo 80.04.29.00.01 OC edition. I also have a 180w psu. I cant seem to OC above 855/1130 without getting pink/purple jaggies and my drivers failing. I am running the newest 332.21 nvidia drivers. Am i doing something wrong or am I just less fortunate and my 680M just doesnt like being OC'd..

Thanks for any help!

I think you've just reached your maximum stable OC, (unless you have the same problem at stock clocks - which I don't think you do). Maybe it's your memory frequency, or the core frequency, that is causing the artifacts & crashing. Therefore, just OC the core or memory on it's own to work out the maximum OC for both the core & the memory. Best policy is to leave memory at stock frequencies & overclock the core to work out the max stable core overclock. Then leave the core at your max stable overclock & raise up the memory to work out it's max stable frequency. Once you've done that - then you've optimised your overclock. If you want more, and your temperatures are good, then consider raising the voltage.

• Bios Modder
I was able to squeeze a little bit more out, 930/1130 which bumped my 3dmark from 7258 to 7822. Which is not bad. I would have liked to see 8k like others have experienced but oh well. Tmax on my card was 80C.

You can try to use another Clevo vbios from first page of this thread. For example Clevo 1,025V or Clevo 1,050V.

Hey guys got a quick question. So I read the notes about the 780m custom bios allowing you to overclock and raising the threshold before throttling happens. Right now my single 780m works fine with the stock bios the computer came with.

Is there a reason for me to install this custom vbios if I do not plan on overclocking?

Also did I read that right when I think that this vbios makes it so that you have reach higher temps before the 780m starts throttling or is it something different?

Thanks ahead for any answers!

Is that why you had to send your laptop back to the manufacturer - you bricked your card after using SVET's VBIOS Tuner on svl7s VBIOS!? I've heard users bricking their cards trying to use that combination of program & VBIOS file. I wouldn't take that approach if I was you. If you want an overvoltable VBIOS for your 675MX, then I would request svl7 to make you one at this thread:http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/4635-bios-vbios-modification-request-thread-svl7.htmlAlso, sometimes other users on this forum can create VBIOS files with fixed overvolts, so maybe one of those guys will see your post and help you out with that one.- - - Updated - - -What's your ASIC Quality? (see my post a few posts back) Are your temperatures OK of your GPU?
My ASIC qual is 76.9%. Not really sure what that means though. Man I'm wish I knew about bricking my gpu before I did my last one. It's a huge bummer going from 1000+/1100+ to what I have now.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Modifying svl7's vbioses with svet's program resulted in bricks for a lot of people. So it is probably that.Does ASIC quality matter that much? There were many debates going on in other forums about how better ASIC quality doesn't mean better overclocking. For example, my 4gb 675mx has only 71.9% ASIC quality but I can OC to 1000+ on 1.012V post-18115-14494997188386_thumb.png

I can raise your voltage to 1.0250V if you post your vbios. :)

Modifying svl7's vbioses with svet's program resulted in bricks for a lot of people. So it is probably that.Does ASIC quality matter that much? There were many debates going on in other forums about how better ASIC quality doesn't mean better overclocking. For example, my 4gb 675mx has only 71.9% ASIC quality but I can OC to 1000+ on 1.012V [ATTACH]10917[/ATTACH]

I can raise your voltage to 1.0250V if you post your vbios. :)

That would be awesome man. I used to have an overclock close to that so it just sucks now haha. Thank you all for your help. I am trying to upload it but it keeps telling me that my file is invalid. I was tried sending it by itself and also sending it as a .RAR file. Do i have to upload it to another site first?

That would be awesome man. I used to have an overclock close to that so it just sucks now haha. Thank you all for your help. I am trying to upload it but it keeps telling me that my file is invalid. I was tried sending it by itself and also sending it as a .RAR file. Do i have to upload it to another site first?

Just compress to .zip instead of rar.

Hi Guys,

Newbie here. I'm currently using an Alienware M17 with the Nvidia 770m graphics card. ATM it just feel's like everything is bottlenecked and I'm struggeling to get good FPS out of BF4 and others. I've tried using Nvidia inspector but that offer's little to no difference.

Do you think a new vbios is the way to go? And if I flash Slvl7 vbios that should solve the bottleneck straight off the bat, or would it need more tweaking? I'm assuming the 'Dell' vbios is the same as the Alienware version?

Thanks!

hello again^^

i have a few questions about the modified nvidia 780M-bios (i´m sure they all have been answered, but forgive me that i did not read all 88 pages cO)

- its basically the same as the modified 680M-bios, feature-wise? (i´m using a 680M in my m17xr4 atm)

- its based on an original dell/alienware 780M-bios? (does it even matter?!)

- got my hands on a 780M which im about to replace my 680M with. i remember back in the day the 680M got some issues with throttle/turbo-boost at certain points. i assume those things are gone with the 780M? (or at least with the modified bios?)

thanks in advance for any helpful answers ;)

hello again^^

i have a few questions about the modified nvidia 780M-bios (i´m sure they all have been answered, but forgive me that i did not read all 88 pages cO)

- its basically the same as the modified 680M-bios, feature-wise? (i´m using a 680M in my m17xr4 atm)

- its based on an original dell/alienware 780M-bios? (does it even matter?!)

- got my hands on a 780M which im about to replace my 680M with. i remember back in the day the 680M got some issues with throttle/turbo-boost at certain points. i assume those things are gone with the 780M? (or at least with the modified bios?)

thanks in advance for any helpful answers ;)

Post #2 of this thread says it all pretty much, this is what it says:

Nvidia GTX 780m:

• 'OC edition' -> unlocked overclocking limits, voltage adjustable, power target adjustable, optimized performance at higher clocks
    Can be used for all current 780m (Clevo, MSI and Dell).

I highlighted the important stuff in bold. Use NVidia Inspector to make all the adjustments that are outlined above in bold. Make sure you run NVidia Inspector with "Administrator Rights" (right click on the desktop icon and select "Run As Administrator").

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Guys,

Newbie here. I'm currently using an Alienware M17 with the Nvidia 770m graphics card. ATM it just feel's like everything is bottlenecked and I'm struggeling to get good FPS out of BF4 and others. I've tried using Nvidia inspector but that offer's little to no difference.

Do you think a new vbios is the way to go? And if I flash Slvl7 vbios that should solve the bottleneck straight off the bat, or would it need more tweaking? I'm assuming the 'Dell' vbios is the same as the Alienware version?

Thanks!

I think the first thing to check is to make sure your GPU is not getting too hot and throttling: GPUz.

Flashing a modified VBIOS is really mostly to allow you to overclock beyond the +135Mhz limit that is imposed by the stock VBIOS.

If you're gonna flash a VBIOS for your alienware 770M then I think you should use the one in this post:

http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/4635-bios-vbios-modification-request-thread-svl7-9.html#post74364 (Post #81 in that thread)

For some reason svl7 has not included that VBIOS on the first page of this thread. Before you flash it, check that your card has the same VBIOS version number as the file, you can find it listed on the first tab of GPUz. You can make all the same adjustments (in the same way) to your 770M as I described to the guy above with his 780M.

Hey guys,

I'm getting a bit confused now looking up the memory of my 680M.

I own a medion x7821/ms-17626 and i'm trying to look for the best Vbios for my 680m, i'm currently looking at svl7's MSI GTX 680m (4GB version) as the best option.

so now i'm trying to find out if i have a 2gb or a 4gb model, so i looked it up with nvidia inspector http://img.techpowerup.org/140226/nvidia_20140226_111433.png

Looks pretty clear right 2gb model...? Now if I look in nvidia's configuration screen under system info, its says total available graphics memory 4gb...

To make matters more confusing (for me) if I look on this page MSI Notebook Website under the ms-17626 model it says,it's a 2gb model.

But on this page MSI Notebook Product Specifications it's a 4gb model.:ambivalence:

I'm completely confused right now, does anyone of you guys know the answer? or even better if svl7's msi gtx 680m vbios will work on my GPU?

• Brian featured this topic