NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

@ Prema

I just had an unexpected thing happen :

I pressed the power button and the Vbios custom branded post screen appeared the screen went blank for 1-2 seconds then rebooted this happened again so I unplugged the power brick cord and waited 30 secs or so then plugged it back in and pressed the power button and the system booted correctly into win7. As I was browsing the web I opened the Nvidia control panel and there were 3-4 beeps and the panel opened.

Is this unusual activity? I'm running custom mods for both vBios and EC/Bios (P37SM332.PM1).

What is the difference between BIOSes posted in second post (particularly those marked as "revised -02" and "OV 1000v.zip"

OV 1000v means it's overvolted to 1.0v, I'm not totally shure what the changes are in the revised 02 ones but something has been changed.

OV 1000v means it's overvolted to 1.0v, I'm not totally shure what the changes are in the revised 02 ones but something has been changed.

I am just trying to cross reference this thread - http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/2062-using-your-4gb-gtx-680m-its-safest-full-potential.html And see which one of 5 available BIOSes attached to this thred - is the one to use to get 915Mhz mentioned by widesu69 - with minimal temperatures. Would you say - the higher the voltage, the higher the potential for overclocking BUT - 915Mhz temperature would be higher? Also would still be nice to know what revies-02 (without OV mean) - I am assuming - stock voltage?

I am just trying to cross reference this thread - http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/2062-using-your-4gb-gtx-680m-its-safest-full-potential.html And see which one of 5 available BIOSes attached to this thred - is the one to use to get 915Mhz mentioned by widesu69 - with minimal temperatures. Would you say - the higher the voltage, the higher the potential for overclocking BUT - 915Mhz temperature would be higher? Also would still be nice to know what revies-02 (without OV mean) - I am assuming - stock voltage?

After a real quick skim of that thread it looks like widezu was trying to emulate Boost on his 680M. I don't think there's much value in doing that, I think it just makes sense for you to flash a VBIOS that is compatible with your card & system at a voltage that allows you hit the overclock frequencies that you desire, hopefully without it getting too hot. Increasing the voltage increases the temperatures, but allows you to hit higher overclocks. I'd just pick one which has a lower voltage & see how you go, then you can always flash a VBIOS with a greater voltage if you need more Mhz (as long as temperatures allow - I think you should keep it under 90degC, under 80degC even better).

• Thumbs Up 1

Did you do a 3DMark11 benchmark run at your max overclock - I'd be interested in seeing the GPU score?

i did the 3dm11-standard test (1280x720). P6326 with 1075 gpu and 1075 (4300) mem:

ScoreP6326 with Generic VGA(1x) and Intel Core i7-3630QM Processor

3DMark Score 6326.0 3DMarks

Graphics Score

Physics Score

Combined Score

Graphics Test 1

30.2 fps

Graphics Test 2

29.3 fps

Graphics Test 3

38.7 fps

Graphics Test 4

18.6 fps

Physics Test

24.0 fps

Combined Test

25.2 fps

and with my new silent/low voltage standard: [email protected] gpu + 1100(4400) mem:

P5575 (5415 Graphics score)

Hello,

Got some random reboots happening while in game (Tomb Raider).

Checked Event viewer and noticed these :Description:

The speed of processor 0 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.

All the processors 0 through 7 say the same thing more or less.

Any ideas?

i did the 3dm11-standard test (1280x720). P6326 with 1075 gpu and 1075 (4300) mem:

ScoreP6326 with Generic VGA(1x) and Intel Core i7-3630QM Processor

3DMark Score 6326.0 3DMarks

Graphics Score

Physics Score

Combined Score

Graphics Test 1

30.2 fps

Graphics Test 2

29.3 fps

Graphics Test 3

38.7 fps

Graphics Test 4

18.6 fps

Physics Test

24.0 fps

Combined Test

25.2 fps

and with my new silent/low voltage standard: [email protected] gpu + 1100(4400) mem:

P5575 (5415 Graphics score)

Those scores look pretty good to me, when I run my GPU at the same overclock as yours I get GPU score of 6467, but that 3% difference may likely be due to different drivers (I'm using the latest 334.67 drivers). I doubt your card is throttling though, because the score would be a lot lower than just 3%, so it looks like everything is working well for your system. Cool, good stuff, enjoy!

- - - Updated - - -

Hello,

Got some random reboots happening while in game (Tomb Raider).

Checked Event viewer and noticed these :Description:

The speed of processor 0 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.

All the processors 0 through 7 say the same thing more or less.

Any ideas?

"Processors 0 through 7". Sounds like it's something up with your CPU. Maybe the CPU is overheating when you're playing, throttling, then shutting down. You could monitor your temperatures while gaming to see what's going on.

• Thumbs Up 1

I am running SLI gtx 780M, when flashing them supposedly they are flashed but when I go to inspector, only one damn card got flashed while the other didn't. I try everything I know and nothing :( I am frustrated

There's a link in the first post of this thread that describes how to use DOS nvflash, and within that link it's described how to flash sli systems, here's the link to the thread I'm talking about:

http://forum.techinferno.com/nvidia-video-cards/2166-%5Bguide%5D-nvidia-vbios-flashing.html#post28018

Hopefully that will help.

(If you've got Windows 8, then I think the process may be different, but I'm not sure about that, or what the process is).

Thanks for the reply Robbo,

The temps are ok but I've got another problem now and I have tracked it down to Nvidia drivers.

I'm getting BSOD's after playing a game for 2+hours and the mem dumps all piont to Nvidia driver. Temps are all ok I even checked by playing while in Fn+1 mode 3 times now and every time GPU temps never go above 75C and CPU temps never above 70C so it's not temps.

I'm running 2x780m SLI and the beta drivers 332.31.

hi i wana buy a thermal pad could somebody please help me which one to buy? i think their is 2 size and 1 of them is the 1mm and the other one is 1.5mm. their is 2 types one is yellow color and the other one is blue and i dont know which one is which. so id like to know what size the yellow,blue thermal pad is

http://kepkezelo.com/images/s2okw725cuvbjl1oebw.jpg

Thanks for the reply Robbo,

The temps are ok but I've got another problem now and I have tracked it down to Nvidia drivers.

I'm getting BSOD's after playing a game for 2+hours and the mem dumps all piont to Nvidia driver. Temps are all ok I even checked by playing while in Fn+1 mode 3 times now and every time GPU temps never go above 75C and CPU temps never above 70C so it's not temps.

I'm running 2x780m SLI and the beta drivers 332.31.

Well, well done for seeing the error report referring to the NVidia drivers. Display driver crashing can happen if your GPUs are unstable. It could be that you're trying to run your GPUs at a too high frequency for the voltage that you have set. You could try lowering your overclock until they become stable. I doubt it's a problem with the drivers, because drivers crash when the GPUs are unstable if they're overclocked too far. If you're running your GPUs at stock frequency & voltage, and you're still getting the crashing, then you could try underclocking the GPUs to see if they become stable - which would point to the GPUs being sub standard, at which point you could get an RMA claim under warranty.

Will the 770M vbios work with my P25W?

Gents, I own a Gigabyte P25W which is equipped with 770M gpu. I was wondering if the modded vbios in this thread could potentially work with my machine, though am aware that there might be differences as most computers mentioned here are Dell/Sager/Clevo. Would the best(safest) option be to make my stock vbios available here for analysis/potential modification?

Hi, I just want to change the max temp for the GPU before it throttles. I have an MSI gt60-one and it throttles at 87c I want to change it to something like 95c, also yes I know I should just try and cool it better but its literally been like this since the day I bought it and I cant RMA it right now because I travel a lot...any help will be greatly appreciated :D !!( I have a two year warrenty btw)

Will the 770M vbios work with my P25W?

Gents, I have a Gigabyte P25W which is equipped with a 770M gpu. Would svl7's custom 770M vbios found in this thread work for me or do I need to make a request in the custom bios/vbios request thread?

Hey guys so for some reason my gtx675mx has been crashing after overclocking. Originally after using sl17's 2gb rom I could over clock to 1000/1200 without any problems. Unfortunately I tried to overvolt his rom and ended up sending back my laptop to MSI for some repairs and they replaced the gpu and mother board and now I can't overclock pass 750/950 without the gpu crashing. Any idea as to what could be doing this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys so for some reason my gtx675mx has been crashing after overclocking. Originally after using sl17's 2gb rom I could over clock to 1000/1200 without any problems. Unfortunately I tried to overvolt his rom and ended up sending back my laptop to MSI for some repairs and they replaced the gpu and mother board and now I can't overclock pass 750/950 without the gpu crashing. Any idea as to what could be doing this?

Assuming that your temperatures are all OK, then it could be that your replacement GPU does not overclock well (all individual chips have different overclocking capabilities), having said that 750Mhz on the core is very low for a max stable overclock for a 675MX.

EDIT: One supposed indicator for how good your chip can overclock is the 'ASIC Qaulity'. What is your ASIC Quality? You can find out by right clicking on the very top of the window of GPUz and then selecting 'Read ASIC Quality'. My ASIC Quality is 76.6% & overclocks very well - that might be a reference for you. Although I have seen that overclocking sucess doesn't always correlate with ASIC quality.

I hope that's not the case. I'm going to try to overvolt and see if there is going to be any difference. Do you recommend overvolting sl17 rom or try and overvolt the stock vbios?

I don't think it's possible to overvolt any stock VBIOS, and it's also not possible to overclock a stock VBIOS anymore than +135Mhz - you know that though right, otherwise I can't think why you would even be posting in this thread!? [confused!]

Yes, I recommend the svl7 VBIOS for overvolting, but make sure your temperatures are good before you even consider it. You want your GPU under 90degC at all times, under 80 degC is good, and under 70degC is excellent. As the temperatures rises, then the effect of overvolting on speed of silicon degredation is accelerated - shortening the life of your GPU, that's why low temperatures are important if you're using a lot of voltage.

EDIT: Upon a closer look at the ROM files in this thread, I don't think there's a VBIOS listed here that allows overvolting on a 675MX, it looks like they're just allowing you to unlock the +135Mhz overclocking limit on the core. So, I don't think you'll be able to overvolt with the ROM files in this thread.

I don't think it's possible to overvolt any stock VBIOS, and it's also not possible to overclock a stock VBIOS anymore than +135Mhz - you know that though right, otherwise I can't think why you would even be posting in this thread!? [confused!]

Yes, I recommend the svl7 VBIOS for overvolting, but make sure your temperatures are good before you even consider it. You want your GPU under 90degC at all times, under 80 degC is good, and under 70degC is excellent. As the temperatures rises, then the effect of overvolting on speed of silicon degredation is accelerated - shortening the life of your GPU, that's why low temperatures are important if you're using a lot of voltage.

I didn't know about not being able to do it to a stock vbios. And where I live is pretty cold so heating is normally 60-75. I was thinking about 1.025 for voltage. I'm still learning about all this stuff. This is my first gaming laptop/pc ever lol. Thank you for all your help

I didn't know about not being able to do it to a stock vbios. And where I live is pretty cold so heating is normally 60-75. I was thinking about 1.025 for voltage. I'm still learning about all this stuff. This is my first gaming laptop/pc ever lol. Thank you for all your help

Yep, no problem. Did you see my edit in my last message - I don't think there's a VBIOS file listed in this thread that allows for overvolting of the 675MX. There might be one lurking somewhere in this thread, but it's not on the first page as far as I can see - have you found one yet?

(So how did you manage to overvolt your last one!?)

• Brian featured this topic