NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

Can someone tell me what the difference is between Clevo 680m - 80.04.33.00.10 'OCedition' revised_01.zip (122.3 KB, 225 views) and Clevo 680m - 80.04.29.00.01 'OCedition' revised_01.zip?

Im currently at the stock .29 version, does the .33 run better? And does optimus still work with these modded versions? Im now running at 849mhz by using nvidia inspector and its kinda breaking optimus, it goes to 0mhz core and then to 719mhz and keeps going on and off.

Thank you very much Robbo!

I have spare 220w power supply and of course I may solder that unit witch my stock 300W brick, then I will have in total 520W. I just wonder did any of you lads know, where to buy adapter for connecting 2 clevo p170x /p370x power bricks. I already spend a good day for research on ebay and find absolutely nothing. For reselling laptop is always better have all parts in one piece. Anyway just wonder one more think: I bought stock p370em clevo with 2 680m gtx. I'll try to made from p370em p370em3. I already with Prema help flashed my mobo using Prema bios from p370em3. I install new 120hz screen and just waiting for any information from service man from clevo about 3d emitter with new switch board. Now seller clevo said to me, that p370em3 using different vbios on 680m gtx card. My own vbios is : 80.04.33.00.10. Can you lads check that for me please, what vbios do you have on your own p370em3? If that be a different revision of vbios can I use that onmy own cards?

Kind Regards

Tomasz

Thank you very much Robbo!

I have spare 220w power supply and of course I may solder that unit witch my stock 300W brick, then I will have in total 520W. I just wonder did any of you lads know, where to buy adapter for connecting 2 clevo p170x /p370x power bricks. I already spend a good day for research on ebay and find absolutely nothing. For reselling laptop is always better have all parts in one piece. Anyway just wonder one more think: I bought stock p370em clevo with 2 680m gtx. I'll try to made from p370em p370em3. I already with Prema help flashed my mobo using Prema bios from p370em3. I install new 120hz screen and just waiting for any information from service man from clevo about 3d emitter with new switch board. Now seller clevo said to me, that p370em3 using different vbios on 680m gtx card. My own vbios is : 80.04.33.00.10. Can you lads check that for me please, what vbios do you have on your own p370em3? If that be a different revision of vbios can I use that onmy own cards?

Kind Regards

Tomasz

For your power brick mods, a well known user here on Tech Inferno & NBR Forums called Mr Fox has joined 2 330W power adapters together to make a 660W power delivery system for his M18xR2. You could try to contact him, or search for his threads on how he did it. May answer your questions on that one. Don't know about your other question you have there unfortunately.

• Thumbs Up 1

@Tomaszz1975 If you have a Clevo its easy, you can just buy the Clevo AC-100 Power Converter Box from. http://stores.ebay.com.au/Razors-Edge-by-Eurocom-Notebooks?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Send him a msg.

For Alienware its not that easy and you need to make Mr. Fox,s modded unit because AW uses "SENSE" circuitry..

• Thumbs Up 2

Thank you lads.

This is very handy information about Clevo AC-100 - thank you!

There is no any mystery in clevo plugs:58_002:, 2 top pins and outside plug this is ground (-), 2 bottom pins this is positive (+). The plug inside is connected (+) with (+) and the same with (-)

Kind Regards

Tomasz

For Alienware it's easier to get a 330W power brick and use Nospheratu's method, if you don't plan to overclock higher. Yea, you'll destroy a brick's detection (although you can get the chip on ebay and program it yourself) but you'll have a re-usable adapter.

I'm glad to hear it wasn't permanent. By the way, how does that dual-core CPU cope with a 780m? :D

The i7 620M it't not that bad, I can play almost everything on ultra (2048 x 1152 on Dell 23") with 40fps or more... at 1000 core 1v / 2900 mem the power draw is around 110/120W ...and for that I love the 620M !

But now I've found a good 920xm so let's see :)

- - - Updated - - -

I'm just interested, can you change that chip without soldering? Also: I've read about people screwing their vbios up that way and they could just do a blind flash.

I recover the card soldering a new vbios chip.

The i7 620M it't not that bad, I can play almost everything on ultra (2048 x 1152 on Dell 23") with 40fps or more... at 1000 core 1v / 2900 mem the power draw is around 110/120W ...and for that I love the 620M !

- - - Updated - - -

Good overclock on that 780M - excellent! That's the way to keep an older notebook alive! :-)

here my positve feedback flashing my gt70 nv gtx 675mx 2gb with svl7-oc-vbios. i did some tests (cpu not to the limit). stable result: 893Mhz GPU, 4424Mhz mem without artifacts. 3dmark vantage gpu value raised from 16800 to 21200. not bad...

• Thumbs Up 1

But now I've found a good 920xm so let's see

LOL!, I think you bought/about to buy my i7 920xm, and I think I'm pretty sure here hehe.

But aint 2900mem too much and woudnt that kill your gpu after a year?

My 6970m died of just a 100mhz mem overclock that I only did occasionally and temps were around 80c.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll take your word for it bro, but I perfectly remember going from the 580M overclocked (to about 3.6GHz) to the 920xm/940xm overclocked (to similar 3.6-3.8GHz) and I most of all remember everything going up from 'acceptable' performance to pretty much blazing fast, and having that pesky max 40fps average go to a solid 60fps, with only occasional slowdowns into the low 40's.

You're bottlenecking that beautiful beautiful overclocked card bro.

Really, I'd advise you to look into at least a cheap 720qm to see the impact of quad-core... you can get it pretty cheap on ebay: Original TOSHIBA A665-S6070 Intel Core i7 CORE I7-720QM 1.6GHZ Laptop CPU | eBay or if you're lucky, even cheaper on forums. I once saw one go for 35$.

I'll take your word for it bro, but I perfectly remember going from the 580M overclocked (to about 3.6GHz) to the 920xm/940xm overclocked (to similar 3.6-3.8GHz) and I most of all remember everything going up from 'acceptable' performance to pretty much blazing fast, and having that pesky max 40fps average go to a solid 60fps, with only occasional slowdowns into the low 40's.

You're bottlenecking that beautiful beautiful overclocked card bro.

Really, I'd advise you to look into at least a cheap 720qm to see the impact of quad-core... you can get it pretty cheap on ebay: Original TOSHIBA A665-S6070 Intel Core i7 CORE I7-720QM 1.6GHZ Laptop CPU | eBay or if you're lucky, even cheaper on forums. I once saw one go for 35$.

Well, if you say so the 920xm will makes me very happy :)

So by the end of the next week I let you know !

here my positve feedback flashing my gt70 nv gtx 675mx 2gb with svl7-oc-vbios. i did some tests (cpu not to the limit). stable result: 893Mhz GPU, 4424Mhz mem without artifacts. 3dmark vantage gpu value raised from 16800 to 21200. not bad...

You can only reach 893 mhz on the core clock? What voltage are you running?

You can only reach 893 mhz on the core clock? What voltage are you running?

no, this is a misunderstanding. I just didn't go further with the gpu (but I assume much more potential, because the card is capable of stable 870Mhz undervolted with 0.875V, which is enough for me and it guarantees a silent fan). The memory was the limiting factor here. up to 4400Mhz it worked stable but beyond i got artifacts with gputool.

Why undervolt the 675mx? It's already running under the potential of the GK104 chip. Well, I can understand wanting to minimize heat and power draw, but really, if you can go that high undervolted, I can imagine that you may touch 1GHz @ stock voltage... seems a pity. And 4400MHz memory is already quite fast afaik.

...Well, I can understand wanting to minimize heat and power draw, but really, if you can go that high undervolted, I can imagine that you may touch 1GHz @ stock voltage... seems a pity. And 4400MHz memory is already quite fast afaik.

I simply have no game, which needs more then the undervolted 870Mhz +4400Mhz memory. for me it's the best compromise of relatively high fps + silent fan. the games I play run perfectly in fullhd with this settings. I tested the gpu up to 950 Mhz (stock voltage) without a significant gain of fps but with a lot more heat. so I leave the settings as discribed and can recommend it for common use.

Why undervolt the 675mx? It's already running under the potential of the GK104 chip. Well, I can understand wanting to minimize heat and power draw, but really, if you can go that high undervolted, I can imagine that you may touch 1GHz @ stock voltage... seems a pity. And 4400MHz memory is already quite fast afaik.

I have the 4gb version of the 675mx and I can hit 1019 MHz on the core clock on 1.012V and 1100 MHz on 1.025V. It gets hot though, unfortunately :(

On a related note, does anyone know why gpuz reports my memory clock as 900MHz, msi afterburner as 1800MHz and nvidia control panel as 3600MHz? They all seem report it as MHz but the values are obviously being doubled.

no, this is a misunderstanding. I just didn't go further with the gpu (but I assume much more potential, because the card is capable of stable 870Mhz undervolted with 0.875V, which is enough for me and it guarantees a silent fan). The memory was the limiting factor here. up to 4400Mhz it worked stable but beyond i got artifacts with gputool.

You have a good GPU then, mine's capable of a rock solid stable 850Mhz at 0.875V, so you would proabably be able to achieve the overclock in my sig if you overvolt & your temperatures are ok. (therefore, stock voltage you should be able to get 928Mhz without a problem)

GDDR5 values are 4 times the value of the base clock. So yes, the base is 900MHz base but there's some mojo going on, and you multiply that by 4.

It gets confusing when doing big OC's though.

Yep, that's right. I think it makes more sense to use the GPUz reported figures in the sensor graphs though, because those are the actual Mhz that the GPU is running at. So charly2's 4400Mhz memory is actually running at 1100Mhz, (4400Mhz is epeen inflation!). (This goes for core frequencies too, because they only go up in 13Mhz steps, so if you set it at 950Mhz you get 941Mhz actual frequency)

• Thumbs Up 1

so guys I finally tested the limits with some heartbeating. I don't want to melt my new notebook ;)

at 0.875V i can reach stable 912 Mhz gpu (i can't believe that!), at stock 1,012V I can reach a maximum of 1120 Mhz (both values witout artifacts gputool stability test). at 1150 Mhz a driver reset occurred. at stock voltage the fan is uncomfortably loud and I reached the 82C.

I thougt your values were fun but i'm impressed. the oc-potential of the kepler-gpus seem to be really incredible. due to high temperatures and the unknown limitations of the gpu-components I don't raise voltage higher than stock rating...

so guys I finally tested the limits with some heartbeating. I don't want to melt my new notebook ;)

at 0.875V i can reach stable 912 Mhz gpu (i can't believe that!), at stock 1,012V I can reach a maximum of 1120 Mhz (both values witout artifacts gputool stability test). at 1150 Mhz a driver reset occurred. at stock voltage the fan is uncomfortably loud and I reached the 82C.

I thougt your values were fun but i'm impressed. the oc-potential of the kepler-gpus seem to be really incredible. due to high temperatures and the unknown limitations of the gpu-components I don't raise voltage higher than stock rating...

They're some good overclocks you achieved there, you're getting about 50Mhz more than me at any given voltage, (my stock voltage is 0.925V, which is less than your 1.012V stock voltage). Although, I have noticed that I had to bump down my frequencies by one notch (13Mhz) to gain long term gaming stability after my initial testing, so you may find that if you have any strange crashes occurring during games every week or so that you might need to bump it down just one notch (13Mhz) on the core to get absolute stability.

(P.S. your 1120Mhz overclock is probably 1110 Mhz if you check the sensors in GPUz)

Pity that your temperatures are quite high & noisy, because otherwise with 1.05V you would have gotten close to 1200Mhz - a 100% overclock has a certain ring to it!! :-)

(You could probably do a benchmark run at 1.05V without damaging it, but I won't push you to do it, in fact you should do whatever you're comfortable with, you've certainly got a good overclock already anyway). I wouldn't run it any hotter than 90 degC.

Did you do a 3DMark11 benchmark run at your max overclock - I'd be interested in seeing the GPU score?

• Brian featured this topic