NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

I edited my post a few times, so I think you might not have read the final version. Did you try everything I suggested?

Yeah your GPU score is low, I get 300 points more than you when my core is only at 1006Mhz, so something not right there.

EDIT: I think your Physics score is quite low too, I get only a few points less than you do, and I've only got a 2630QM. Is your CPU getting too hot & throttling, this could lower your GPU score too.

mhh but this time your gpu clock throtteling at 1045mhz.At the last time it was only 1019mhz. if you want i set the power settings in the vbios again higher. I have my core clock at 1160 at the time and i don't get any pwr PerfCap Reason...

i upload this bios soon. i hope this will help you !

mhh but this time your gpu clock throtteling at 1045mhz.At the last time it was only 1019mhz. if you want i set the power settings in the vbios again higher. I have my core clock at 1160 at the time and i don't get any pwr PerfCap Reason...

i upload this bios soon. i hope this will help you !

His GPU is not throttling the clocks according to his GPUz sensor readout, so I'm not so certain that this is the problem.

• Bios Modder
hey robbo yeah i tried everything you suggested still low score and " pwr " problem

:) Just put in second memory slot the second memory stick. And you will be surprised. :)

:) Just put in second memory slot the second memory stick. And you will be surprised. :)

Ah, well spotted! He's just got the one memory slot occupied. Would you expect dual channel memory to increase both CPU Physics score and GPU score? I think for certain that it will increase the CPU score, not 100% sure on the GPU score though?

• Bios Modder

Robbo

"...Would you expect dual channel memory to increase both CPU Physics score and GPU score?"

Yes, of course. But CPU Physics score will increase more and GPU score will increase some smaller.

• Thumbs Up 1

I found this thread: Clevo Bios older models (released in/after 2012) months ago.

Clevo p170em is not in production anymore so is consider as old models thread. The bios 1.02.17 and ec/kbc 1.02.12 from april 2013 are latest.

Read carefully what is said there, and also the readme.text on downloaded files, cause is not "update.bat" what u have to execute, is the real name of the .bat in the downloaded archive. "flashme.bat" in the case of the bios as far as can remenber.

Good luck!.

- - - Updated - - -

My gpu model is gtx680m so the vbios is different from urs. About the vbios specs u should find out anywhere else in the forum or ask directly svl7.

My opinion after reading first page of this thread is that the vbios u downloaded has unlocked frecuencies from core and mem but also voltage so now u are able to changes any of the 3 parameters with software like msi afterburner.

Ok thanks, i saw this forum a month ago, and download the april bios. U recomend me flash the vbios and flash the april bios after? You told you had a problem when flash the vbios.

Saludos desde españa ;D.

i have only one memory slot

Oh dear, if that is indeed the case then you can't do much about that. Maybe you'd be able to win back some of that lost performance by installing a stick of high speed RAM with low latencies. I see that you have 1600Mhz RAM in there, maybe you could try 1866Mhz RAM that has low timings - just an idea, and you'd have to find out if your laptop supports it.

Ok thanks, i saw this forum a month ago, and download the april bios. U recomend me flash the vbios and flash the april bios after? You told you had a problem when flash the vbios.

Saludos desde españa ;D.

No!. the problem that I had was because I did flash the vbios first and then the bios. In my case, talking about the gtx680m the latest bios is needed to work properly. In urs, think it was a gtx 670mx u should ask svl7 is the actual bios is ok. Maybe it says something in the first page of the this thread, where u can download ur model vbios.

P.D. Eres español? si es así, no se que diantres hacemos hablando inglés, jaja. Si quieres mandame un privado y te comento ;).

Oh dear, if that is indeed the case then you can't do much about that. Maybe you'd be able to win back some of that lost performance by installing a stick of high speed RAM with low latencies. I see that you have 1600Mhz RAM in there, maybe you could try 1866Mhz RAM that has low timings - just an idea, and you'd have to find out if your laptop supports it.

yeah maybe that will help i'll try that but it not solution , its sad to see this card preform lower then expected

• Brian featured this topic