NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

• Bios Modder
Hi, i had used the vbios for Clevo 670mx (3GB) and now i can raise core clock to +542 (for +135 before) but its all the change i've got.

I still can't change core voltage.

Did i do something wrong?

Thanks

Voltage adjustment work with program Nvidia Inspector (no MSI Afterburner).

Hello, I downloaded the Clevo 670mx (3gb) for my sager np9150 and already flashed the gpu. When I try to use afterburner/evga precision and change the core clock, 3dmark or my other benchmarks will keep the core clock at 324 mhz. Only changes made in nvidia inspector will allow the benchmarks to run the new core clock. However, in Nvidia inspector, as soon as i go past +135, say go +150, i start crashing.

EDIT: I seem to also get inconsistent behavior with voltage control in NVIDIA inspector.

I guess what I am asking is:

1. Is Nvidia Inspector the only viable option for this particular vbios? My modifications in the other two programs don't get recognized.

2. As soon as I go to +150 and start crashing, is this a voltage problem?

Hello, I downloaded the Clevo 670mx (3gb) for my sager np9150 and already flashed the gpu. When I try to use afterburner/evga precision and change the core clock, 3dmark or my other benchmarks will keep the core clock at 324 mhz. Only changes made in nvidia inspector will allow the benchmarks to run the new core clock. However, in Nvidia inspector, as soon as i go past +135, say go +150, i start crashing.

EDIT: I seem to also get inconsistent behavior with voltage control in NVIDIA inspector.

1. Is Nvidia Inspector the only viable option for this particular vbios? My modifications in the other two programs don't get recognized.

use 331.82 driver

It's just basic overclocking principles that you need to apply I think. Crashing is normally due to overclocking too far without enough voltage. So, you can either drop your overclock or increase your voltage until you become limited by temperature or power restrictions.

(The inconstistent voltage behaviour you talk of sounds a bit vague. Maybe you're not aware that voltage of the GPU fluctuates depending on what power state it is in - highest voltages for P0 gaming state. The overclocking & overvolting that you do will only be changing the P0 state settings.)

I am running the 331.82 drivers already. This is the setup I have that is stable and doesn't have problems:

post-21424-14494996819894_thumb.png

The modified bios is: Clevo 670mx (3GB) - 80.04.58.00.03_'OC edition'_rev02

from the forum.

My system bios is the stock np9150.

As soon as I go above +135, like +150, and slightly increment the voltage, I am already crashing/ automatically resetting the settings to 0/0 in inspector. The temps never go past 65 C either so I'm not overheating during these crashes. The 0.837 voltage is just from my idle state, It is 0.925 under load conditions with the above settings.

MSI afterburner/evga precision won't let me modify voltage. And the 3d mark tests don't pick up the oc changes. Only when I use inspector, is when 3dmark properly runs the current settings.

• Bios Modder
I am running the 331.82 drivers already. This is the setup I have that is stable and doesn't have problems:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10102[/ATTACH]

The modified bios is: Clevo 670mx (3GB) - 80.04.58.00.03_'OC edition'_rev02

from the forum.

My system bios is the stock np9150.

As soon as I go above +135, like +150, and slightly increment the voltage, I am already crashing/ automatically resetting the settings to 0/0 in inspector. The temps never go past 65 C either so I'm not overheating during these crashes. The 0.837 voltage is just from my idle state, It is 0.925 under load conditions with the above settings.

MSI afterburner/evga precision won't let me modify voltage. And the 3d mark tests don't pick up the oc changes. Only when I use inspector, is when 3dmark properly runs the current settings.

Post here your stock vbios.

• Bios Modder
If you mean the actual rom file, I tried posting it here but it got deleted.. I just reflashed it back to stock and these are my inspector settings:

EDIT: I was able to post the rom file link below.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10104[/ATTACH]

stock rom file:

original

Ok. I checked. You have exactly the same version vbios 80.04.58.00.03. So now just try to set the voltage for 3D load 1.025 V with using Nvidia Inspector. In mod vbios.

@wildemu, not sure why you're going to all the trouble of flashing back to original VBIOS and all the other stuff; like I said, I just think your overclock is not stable due to not enough voltage. Just try increasing the voltage until it's stable. It's just standard overclocking principles.

I adjusted the voltage just as you guys said. With these settings, I still received artifacts and a crash within my test game, Guild Wars 2. Voltage was bumped up to 1.025V.

I am starting to run out of ideas on why this is happening. I am supplying enough voltage to it, the max temp I had before it crashed was a healthy 62 C. The last thing that comes to mind is that the memory clock is not sustainable, but I've read that most, if not all, can run the +135/+1000 setup.

The last piece of information I have not mentioned yet is that I have the HDMI-out to an ASUS ips monitor.

But to make sure that wasn't causing the problem, I ran the same tests on my notebook screen only and the same results were yielded.

post-21424-14494996820776_thumb.png

I adjusted the voltage just as you guys said. With these settings, I still received artifacts and a crash within my test game, Guild Wars 2. Voltage was bumped up to 1.025V.

I am starting to run out of ideas on why this is happening. I am supplying enough voltage to it, the max temp I had before it crashed was a healthy 62 C. The last thing that comes to mind is that the memory clock is not sustainable, but I've read that most, if not all, can run the +135/+1000 setup.

The last piece of information I have not mentioned yet is that I have the HDMI-out to an ASUS ips monitor.

But to make sure that wasn't causing the problem, I ran the same tests on my notebook screen only and the same results were yielded.

Oh yeah, then I'm almost sure it's the memory overclock causing your problems. My memory can 'only' get to +900 in NV Inspector. That should be enough memory bandwidth anyway. Try gradually lowering your memory clock till it's stable. Then work out a core overclock & voltage that is stable & that you're happy with. With 1.025V you should be able to get a really high core overclock 1000Mhz and plus I would have thought.

• Thumbs Up 1

thank you guys, it was definitely the memory clock. I stabilized around +300 core/+850 memory.

Fair enough, sounds good. Is +300 the max you could get at stock voltage, or at 1.025V? I'm curious because I have the same card and it's interesting to learn the spread of overclocks that people can achieve.

Fair enough, sounds good. Is +300 the max you could get at stock voltage, or at 1.025V? I'm curious because I have the same card and it's interesting to learn the spread of overclocks that people can achieve.

I can't break 1000. +375 was the furthest I was able to push, and +850 is the best I can do with memory.

I can't break 1000. +375 was the furthest I was able to push, and +850 is the best I can do with memory.

Ah right, well 975Mhz is still a good speed bump up from the 600Mhz stock core frequency! :-) What limited you to 975Mhz, temperatures, or was 975Mhz at 1.05V?

Ah right, well 975Mhz is still a good speed bump up from the 600Mhz stock core frequency! :-) What limited you to 975Mhz, temperatures, or was 975Mhz at 1.05V?

Temps were still in the 70's, but I didn't bump up the voltage any further (I was at 1.025). I'm betting I can break 1000 with another 25 mv bump.

svl7 !

I have a Lenovo Idepad y510p with SLI 755M and as many others I have a problem with the Ultrabay VGA.

The problem is simple, it overheats, really fast. There are 2 things that cause this:

a) voltage is too high for the Ultrabay VGA

B) Ultrabay fan does not operate on maximum RPM (only when dust removal is used in the Lenovo software)

My question:

Could you please try to unclock voltage control in the vBIOS or lower yourself the voltage by 60-70mV (or more if tests allow it)?

Fan control is locked by default (not available even in your unlocked BIOS since I believe EC mod would be required for that) and voltage control is locked in the vBIOS.

I attach my default vBIOS (it allows SLI to be enabled in Windows 8.1) of the 2nd VGA (ultrabay VGA).

The reason why I not attached the vBIOS from Lenovo's site is because that vBIOS made 2 of my y510p flicker in games (about every 10-15 minutes the screen flickered once), but my factory default vBIOS does not flicker and already fixes the SLI issue.

Thank you svl7 and Happy New Year to everyone !

y510p755MSLI_Win8.1_factory_defult.rom.txt

Temps were still in the 70's, but I didn't bump up the voltage any further (I was at 1.025). I'm betting I can break 1000 with another 25 mv bump.

Ah, ok, yeah you'd probably be able to just break 1000Mhz at 1.05V, but probably not worth it from a gaming point of view for the increased temperatures. Well it's cool that you've worked out your maximum overclock, and it's over a 50% overclock, so that's some good value!

• Brian featured this topic