NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

Hey Guys I am new here :) Was just wondering if it is recommended to overclock a Clevo 170sm, I have a 230Watt PSU. Also I have a warranty with this that is not covered with overclocking. They couldn't find out if I overclocked via Nvidia inspector , but what about a Vbios flash? Could They find out? Thanks

svl7

First of all thanks for great job with vBios mods.

I see that You made unlocked vBios

(Dell) K5000m - 80.04.33.00.35 - 'OCedition' -> higher software overclocking limit, stock 3d clocks 758MHz

But this K5000M Dell Bios is old, Dell relased newer version and fix some problems in Precision M6600/M6700:

80.04.33.00.35 - Original release

80.04.5A.00.05 - Updated vBIOS that works with legacy option ROMs disabled (required to enable secure boot for Windows 8

Could you please modify this newest vBios?

The best for testing will be unlock this vBios in 3 versions:

rev 01: stock voltages, stock clocks, + unlock overclocking limit

rev 02: bit higher 3d voltage, stock clocks, + unlock overclocking limit

rev 03: much higher 3d voltage, stock clocks, + unlock overclocking limit

Thanks in advance.

Download link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/03z4z0qadxhxrxm/80.04.5A.00.05.rom

"Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin."

Yup, that's pretty messed up. Tick-tock, tick-tock. How many months has it been now?

If "actions speak louder than words" what does an absence of action mean?

Hey Guys I am new here :) Was just wondering if it is recommended to overclock a Clevo 170sm' date=' I have a 230Watt PSU. Also I have a warranty with this that is not covered with overclocking. They couldn't find out if I overclocked via Nvidia inspector , but what about a Vbios flash? Could They find out? Thanks[/quote']

The P170SM was built for overclocking. If something dies with a modified vBIOS you should be able to flash back to default as long as the system is not completely dead. Even if you couldn't they probably wouldn't notice a modified vBIOS. Just make sure you flash in DOS and it will be fine.

Hi I own a Sager NP9150 with 680m card (driver version; 331.82) and Prema's modded BIOS for Clevo.

I'm encountering a problem with svl7's vbios (80.04.33.00.10):

After flashing the modded vbios using nvflash 5.118 in Windows 7, the voltage of my 680m stays at most 987mv and never breaches 1.00v.

The base clock offset changed from +135 max to 405 max though,

If I set the gpu clock to 980mhz, any game would run for about 10 seconds and then ------ a freeze ----- the clock is reset to stock value.

Can anyone tell me what went wrong or the latest vbios just doesn't overvolt anymore?

Any suggestion is appreciated!

NVM I downloaded the vbios in the first thread which doesn't seem to change voltage at all (and no minimum post requirement).

Can't believe it was only a few scrolls down and I still didn't see that whole list of vbios. :moody:

Thanks very much, that makes me feel better about doing it :) I will definitely make sure I do it as SVL7 sais. Also if you would allow it , could you answer a few other questions for me?

Firstly. What does the Modified Vbios do exactly other than unlock the limits? Is it worth doing even if I don't overclock? Will I be able to get the latest nvidia drivers? Will I lose features such as GPU Boost 2.0?

Also What is a good temperature to stay under for these machines, as I would like to overclock long term , not just for 3d mark results (Although I can post them here) and get long life?

Sorry I am asking so many questions, but I just got this and don't want to make any rookie mistakes :/ Anyone feel free to give me any other information as I love to learn new stuff and will be much appreciated :)

Thanks for your time

Somehow, my GPU usage drops occasionally in multiplayer games to about 40% about every 10 seconds. This only occur in multiplayer though, as all singleplayer games have worked so far :D I have tested with battlefield 3+4, Bad Company 2, and Crysis 2+3, where the overclocked setting ran just fine in single player, but stutter a lot in multiplayer. Temps are still fine at only about 80C during load. Shouldn't be the voltage right? If it is, any chance that I can increase the core voltage any further?

Thanks a lot :D

PS. I'm using MSI GT70 0ND (the one with 675mx and 3630QM)

Somehow, my GPU usage drops occasionally in multiplayer games to about 40% about every 10 seconds. This only occur in multiplayer though, as all singleplayer games have worked so far :D I have tested with battlefield 3+4, Bad Company 2, and Crysis 2+3, where the overclocked setting ran just fine in single player, but stutter a lot in multiplayer. Temps are still fine at only about 80C during load. Shouldn't be the voltage right? If it is, any chance that I can increase the core voltage any further?

Thanks a lot :D

PS. I'm using MSI GT70 0ND (the one with 675mx and 3630QM)

Probably some kind of GPU or CPU throttling due to temperature or power - you've probably got a 180W power brick, and an outside chance that you're bumping up to the limits of that (although I doubt it). I'd put my money on CPU throttling due to temperature. Just measure your CPU & GPU temperatures during gaming, and notice for high temperatures. If you've got a Watt Meter you can measure your overall power consumption of your laptop while gaming, if it's more than your power adapter can deliver, then you know it's throttling due to power.

(I doubt that it has anything to do with VBIOS or voltage.)

Probably some kind of GPU or CPU throttling due to temperature or power - you've probably got a 180W power brick, and an outside chance that you're bumping up to the limits of that (although I doubt it). I'd put my money on CPU throttling due to temperature. Just measure your CPU & GPU temperatures during gaming, and notice for high temperatures. If you've got a Watt Meter you can measure your overall power consumption of your laptop while gaming, if it's more than your power adapter can deliver, then you know it's throttling due to power.

(I doubt that it has anything to do with VBIOS or voltage.)

Both CPU and GPU temps are not that high :( GPU is about 80C under load, and the highest CPU core is around 82C. Guess I'll have to get myself a Watt meter. Thanks a lot man :)

guys...pliz help me..im using alien 17..4900mq...gtx780m...i flashed the unlocked vbios..the problem is i can only OC my gpu core/memory to 100/200..if i go more then this..the game crashed...

Overclocking too high & not stable, so either reduce the overclock or increase the voltage.

- - - Updated - - -

How can I download the BIOS? I just donated 10 dollars for your good work..

5 posts required

Hey' date=' What are your temps before the crash? What nvidia drivers are you using?[/quote']

my temps only 70c..am using 331.82 driver..how is it possible to get 10k in 3dmark when ur game crashed at 100/200 OC value..

- - - Updated - - -

Overclocking too high & not stable, so either reduce the overclock or increase the voltage.

- - - Updated - - -

5 posts required

i dun think that value is too high coz i saw people put more value then me..so shoul i increase the voltage to 1.05v?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

5 posts required

i dun think that value is too high coz i saw people put more value then me..so shoul i increase the voltage to 1.05v?

MSI vBios flashed fine onto my Clevo 670MX, benched at 1Ghz Core 2.2Ghz Memory. Strange stuttering on the desktop though, reflashing back to stock Bios for now.

Great work SVL7! Hopefully the genuine Clevo bios might alleviate this stuttering.

What voltage were you running?

Will these modded vbios's work with the Prema mod? ie. Will it work with my clevo p151em1 with a 670mx 3gig? and are the bios's and vbios attached in the mx machines or separate?

Correct, the BIOS/EC and vBIOS are on seperate flash chips in the case of Clevo P-Models.

And YES Prema Mod and svl7 Mod work perfectly together.

ENJOY! :)

Correct, the BIOS/EC and vBIOS are on seperate flash chips in the case of Clevo P-Models.

And YES Prema Mod and svl7 Mod work perfectly together.

ENJOY! :)

So Premas mod and svl's mods are different? I thought they were two flashes that did the same thing made by two different people?

Also what's the situation with svl's mod? Is it compatible with latest nvidia drivers, as I have a brand new clevo.

Is it worth flashing even if I don't overclock?

I would gladly donate when I flash successfully and see the benefits you guys are having, Just not convinced about flashing yet as my system is brand new :/

Thanks guys

So Premas mod and svl's mods are different? I thought they were two flashes that did the same thing made by two different people?

Also what's the situation with svl's mod? Is it compatible with latest nvidia drivers' date=' as I have a brand new clevo.

Is it worth flashing even if I don't overclock?

I would gladly donate when I flash successfully and see the benefits you guys are having, Just not convinced about flashing yet as my system is brand new :/

Thanks guys[/quote']

vBIOS and BIOS are two different things. One is for the Graphics card (vBIOS) the other one is for the system (BIOS). Both work with latest drivers.

The vBIOS Mod is for overclocking the GPU, the main BIOS to change all kind of settings for SSD, CPU, RAM, USB etc...

vBIOS and BIOS are two different things. One is for the Graphics card (vBIOS) the other one is for the system (BIOS). Both work with latest drivers.

The vBIOS Mod is for overclocking the GPU, the main BIOS to change all kind of settings for SSD, CPU, RAM, USB etc...

Ahhh Thank you Prema, my bad haha. I confused myself as I saw on your website you were working on the 780m, assumes you were talking about that.

Thanks for the reply, I heard the GPU boost is disabled in Svl7's mod, what kind of advantages does that bring?

What overclocking software do you recommend, I'm partial to Nvidia Inspector, but like the MSI afterburner OSD (that includes overclocking in an all in one package)

Thanks for replying btw, not very busy here, at least on this thread.

He disabled the Turbo to get rid of NVIDIA throttle mechanism, so that the clocks and voltage that we set are actually used.

I heard MSI Afterburner does a better job on recent driver version than Inspector atm.

• Brian featured this topic