NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

If I could get a solid 1150MHz core I'd be happy. Hopefully I can get that with under 1.1V. I don't need max performance, I'd just like a small boost for the demanding games out there and benchmarking.

Trust me dude .. svl7 is right ... u would never need a voltage of 1.175 ... I have been playing call of duty ghosts with core 1121/mem 2500 with a voltage of 1.1 V ... all my settings r maxed out except AA which is at FXAA .. easilly get 40 FPS ... slight improvement from stock clocks though ... maybe around 7 - 8 FPS .. but still its ok as temps hit max 72 on this one .. so dont worry about pushing it further ... this card performs brilliantly even without the OC :69:

Hey guys,

I have a Sager NP9150 with a 670MX. What's a realistic OC I can get that I'll actually benefit from with the normal 180W power supply, and stock cooling etc? Meaning will this bios benefit me?

I have a different system to you, but with a 670MX, using svl7's modified VBIOS. Overclocked & overvolted to the max, when gaming my whole system only uses up to 160W (as long as the battery isn't charging - that can add 80W). So, I would think you'd be alright with your 180W power supply while overclocking & overvolting.

I have a different system to you, but with a 670MX, using svl7's modified VBIOS. Overclocked & overvolted to the max, when gaming my whole system only uses up to 160W (as long as the battery isn't charging - that can add 80W). So, I would think you'd be alright with your 180W power supply while overclocking & overvolting.

And would you say I would get a decent boost in performance from doing an OC? That's the only thing I'm thinking of. I don't wanna really overclock just for a measly 3-5 fps gain.

And would you say I would get a decent boost in performance from doing an OC? That's the only thing I'm thinking of. I don't wanna really overclock just for a measly 3-5 fps gain.

Well, have a look in my sig! It's a massive gain, about 87%, but the cooling system in the M17xR3 is fantastic and the GPU only gets up to 65 degC max, that helps in being able to overclock & overvolt. If your cooling system can't keep it cool, then that will be your limiting factor, otherwise you should be able to get a good overclock, maybe not 87% (maybe better, maybe worse).

Well, have a look in my sig! It's a massive gain, about 87%, but the cooling system in the M17xR3 is fantastic and the GPU only gets up to 65 degC max, that helps in being able to overclock & overvolt. If your cooling system can't keep it cool, then that will be your limiting factor, otherwise you should be able to get a good overclock, maybe not 87% (maybe better, maybe worse).

65 dregC with or without the notebook cooler?

65 dregC with or without the notebook cooler?

With notebook cooler, although the significance of the low temperature is down to the cooling system in M17xR3, and doing a pretty good job with the pasting & padding.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello i tried 770m bios and its working with my alienware but its any bios for it with higher gpu core voltage? because thats one got only 1.000

Can you not run NV Inspector with admin rights & use the overclocking part of that program to increase the voltage?

I have got gtx 560m for my alienware m15x. Can anyone oc this cards vbios?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I used to have the 560M in mine. I believe it's impossible to run the card higher than 1V, and mine was already at 1V at stock. I just used MSI Afterburner (any program would do) to overclock it - only managed a 20% overclock up to 900MHz on the core, even though temperatures were only 65 degC, it just wouldn't overclock higher and be stable. Yeah, for some reason I think the chip can't be assigned to run more than 1V, it just won't accept it. If anyone knows differently, then let me know, because I'm not an expert on this topic.

Did you try edit vbios?

Well, I tried to edit it via a program from someone called SVET. I think it was SVET tuner or something. For the 560M, that program allowed voltage to be assigned up to 1V - some 560M's were operating at a stock voltage below 1V, so those people could use the program to mod the VBIOS to change it to 1 Volt. I remember reading that it couldn't be increased over 1 Volt - and I have a vague recollection that it might have been hardcoded into the chip somehow, but I'm really not too sure on this last point about the hard coding.

Here's a thread on that program:

http://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=148273.0

EDIT: yes, post #564 in that thread, SVET says it's hardware limited to 1V max

Could you share this svet?

I've shown you the link to the forum in the previous post. You have to buy it from the guy for a small fee, so I can't share the program with you. Also, it's only of use to you if your 560M while gaming (P0 state) is less than 1V. It it's at 1V already, you're already maxed out unfortunately. You can use GPUz to check what voltage your card operates at during the P0 state while gaming.

I have got gtx 560m for my alienware m15x. Can anyone oc this cards vbios?

That's Fermi and not Kepler, and therefore does not belong in this thread. No need to buy that stupid piece of software, tell me what you want and I'll mod it for you.

Besides, Nibitor (free) should support the 560m.

hi,

i have a clevo w370et bios from prema bios version - W370ETx BIOS 21 & EC 13

i try to to update my gtx660m to dell gtx660m ghz edition and it didnt work. it starts to beep and i need to unplug the laptop to restart

can someone tell me i it dont work?

thanks

Question:

I have Alienware 18 with GTX 770M. I don`t see Dell GTX 770M listed anywhere.

Which one should I use? "Nvidia 770M"?

Thanks

hi i have a gtx clevo w370et with a gtx660m is there a problem if use the - Nvidia GTX 660m Vbios - GHz Edition [Dell]?

i tried the -a, -b and -6 command and all of them gave a break, the laptop starts to beep forever and i need to restart.

am i doing everthing right??

thanks

Question:

I have Alienware 18 with GTX 770M. I don`t see Dell GTX 770M listed anywhere.

Which one should I use? "Nvidia 770M"?

Thanks

I'm not sure, but have you tried comparing the VBIOS version of your card with the VBIOS version numbers that you listed? The one that is going to be compatible, is likely to be the one with the same VBIOS version number. You can use GPUz to find out what your VBIOS version number is.

Cloudfire, I recognise you from the NBR forums, I'd be interested to see how well your 770M's overclock. I think they'll overclock pretty well, the cooling system in the A18 is pretty good right?

I'm not sure, but have you tried comparing the VBIOS version of your card with the VBIOS version numbers that you listed? The one that is going to be compatible, is likely to be the one with the same VBIOS version number. You can use GPUz to find out what your VBIOS version number is.

Cloudfire, I recognise you from the NBR forums, I'd be interested to see how well your 770M's overclock. I think they'll overclock pretty well, the cooling system in the A18 is pretty good right?

Hey Robbo. Yeah I`m the one from NBR :)

Thanks for the tip. Looks like I have a different vbios than all of those 3 listed here on this site. The ID doesn`t match any of them.

What do I do now?

post-20082-14494996460666_thumb.png

Also, I already benched the original vbios some. Results are posted here

Cheers :)

I just downloaded this and I can't get it to work it said something about not compatible with Window64 and wheni got the bit version ofnvflash it said it is outdated and it wont allow me to flash my bios :( where can I find the correct version of nvflash?

Hey Robbo. Yeah I`m the one from NBR :)

Thanks for the tip. Looks like I have a different vbios than all of those 3 listed here on this site. The ID doesn`t match any of them.

What do I do now?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9653[/ATTACH]

Also, I already benched the original vbios some. Results are posted here

Cheers :)

SVL7 often seems to be on the lookout for new VBIOS versions to mod, so he might mod your VBIOS for you (& others) if you post it up here. Use GPUz to dump the VBIOS to a file (it's the little button to the right of the VBIOS number in GPUz), and post it up here.

I followed your link to that thread, you managed to work out your max overclock at stock voltage, looks pretty good, very similar to my maximum overclock on stock voltage. That's a good omen for you getting some more performance out of your cards - as you can see mine get up to 1124Mhz on the core (which is applicable to you, because the 670MX is pretty much the same card as the 770M). What voltage is your stock voltage? 0.925V??

• Thumbs Up 1

Hello,

i am new to overclocking in mobile gpus...

i have MSI GT70-20D (Dragon Edition II)

i wanna overclock its 780m but i dunno what should i do?

is chaning clocks with afterburner or nvidia inspecter enough?!

or should i install a moded vbios?

what vbios you recommend for the best gaming performance ...... and how can i flash it?!

• Brian featured this topic