NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

Mine does something similar when it's not being 100% loaded in a game, then it won't run at full 'overclocked' 3D clocks, but will default to a lower 3D clock of 600Mhz for instance. That was the only thing that rang any bells when I read your post, but not sure if that's describing what you're seeing.

Mines a little bit different. Whenever I run 3dmark11 for instance, the core will jump back and fourth whatever I set it at and it's default value (e.g. 970mhz back to 850mhz then back to somewhere around 970mhz or less) it never goes below the default clock.

Overvolting seems to diminish an increase in anything, if I overvolt at all, even by a little bit, my scores drop a few hundred points or so, even on overclocks that would need them.

Hi Guys,

Just wondering im very new to PC gaming, and i have just bought AW18 with dual gtx780m's installed.... currently the frame rates im seeing are amazing on ultra settings @ 1080p, mainly in the 60's...

if i was to load this modded bios what would i gain, i don't benchmark or know enough about overclocking. so i was wondering what gain would i see from the bios at stock clock settings... or can i increase them a little and gain from it in everyday gaming...

thanks alot in advance, im very new to oc gaming so be gentle...

Ian

Alright ty for the bios, i have tried it on the Alienware 18, i get better score ..BUT in game intensive such as Battlefield 4 games would crash after 20 minutes... underclocking card 100mhz lower would let me play much longer ... reverted back to stop bios... and played battlefield 4 for 5 hours strait ... no crash...

so for alienware 18 user.... since we can't control the fan we need to wait :(

Hey guys,

My graphic card is a GeForce GTX 780m. im wondering if this vbios mod can fix the problem im having with my card.

I bought it for my alienware M17x r4, the problem is whenever I open a 3D application, the GPU will randomly drop its clock rate down from 950mhz down to 333mhz for a short period then runs normally again, the usage shows 100% the whole time and I tried reinstalling drivers and exc but still to the same result. How I 1st noticed the problem was when I was playing battlefield 4 (ultra settings) I would usually be getting 60+ FPS until the spike occurs...

Any help with my problem in general would be greatly appreciated :)

Is it possible to flash a DELL vbios into a HP card?

I did not see there's a HP version K4000M vbios listed, but hope it can work.

Most likely yes, but I can't tell for sure. If you send me that HP K4000m vbios I can tell you.

Hey guys,

My graphic card is a GeForce GTX 780m. im wondering if this vbios mod can fix the problem im having with my card.

I bought it for my alienware M17x r4, the problem is whenever I open a 3D application, the GPU will randomly drop its clock rate down from 950mhz down to 333mhz for a short period then runs normally again, the usage shows 100% the whole time and I tried reinstalling drivers and exc but still to the same result. How I 1st noticed the problem was when I was playing battlefield 4 (ultra settings) I would usually be getting 60+ FPS until the spike occurs...

Weird issues... worth a try. You'll see whether it helps after flashing.

Hey everyone, great forum! I have the MSI gt60 with the GTX 680m card and I want to be on the conservative side regarded overclocking. Under normal settings my card reaches temps after 10 min in Furmark (1920x1080 + 8x MSAA) of about 75 degrees MAX. With that in mind, I wanted to use the MSI 1V Overclock, just to be on the safe side, but considering the temps, does anyone have any suggestions as to what OC would be the best and not risk too much... Thank you for your time!

Hey everyone, great forum! I have the MSI gt60 with the GTX 680m card and I want to be on the conservative side regarded overclocking. Under normal settings my card reaches temps after 10 min in Furmark (1920x1080 + 8x MSAA) of about 75 degrees MAX. With that in mind, I wanted to use the MSI 1V Overclock, just to be on the safe side, but considering the temps, does anyone have any suggestions as to what OC would be the best and not risk too much... Thank you for your time!

I really wouldn't recommend using Furmark to determine what your max temperatures are on your GPU. NVidia has artificially limited the current draw that can happen associated with Furmark, due to it placing unnaturally high loads on GPUs (they've been doing that since Fermi I believe). I would recommend Unigine Heaven Benchmark to be run on a loop to determine stability & maximum temperatures. It places a consistent 100% load to the GPU, and is a very good way of emulating the stresses of the most demanding games.

75 degC is really good, so I think your GPU could take a little more OC. Just keep an eye on the temperatures. I think you'd want to keep it below 85 degC.

Thanks for the quick reply Robbo! Will get the Unigine Heaven Benchmark as soon as I flash my card. I think with the card being 75 degrees is good as well, so for now I will try flashing with the msi 1v OC and see if it is stable and see what temps I get from the benchmark. I wouldn't want to go over 85 degrees though on the stock card I have played Alan Wake and it went up to 92!!!! That was before my repaste, cooler and modified backplate. It will be interesting to see how far I can push the card and still be stable while staying at 85 and below. Take care, will post my results :)

80.04.5A.00.05 k5000m.rom.zipGot my k5000m today.

The OC bios actually have OV build in sweet.

The card come with a newer bios incase you want to keep a copy.

Questions:

Do the vios control video fan? Because it go full speed which I never experience before, running +3xx/5xx and my temp is only 70C (15C ambient) running heaven bench.

What do priorize temperature do?

OC result. Mem can't go past 800ish. Core about +38x. 8.9k graphic 3dmark11, PSU or board protection give in for higher core.

I think 83C max , Though the fan get some clicking noise already orz.

Hello SVL7, I have 6 posts now - and yet cannot download the 780m VBIOS yet as it says I still do not have permission. Do I need to hit the donation link to be able to download it to fix my 780m Black screen/screen noise issues? If that's the case just let me know and I will gladly chip in $10.00 for your time and efforts!

Kind Regards,

Koinonos

Thanks for the quick reply Robbo! Will get the Unigine Heaven Benchmark as soon as I flash my card. I think with the card being 75 degrees is good as well, so for now I will try flashing with the msi 1v OC and see if it is stable and see what temps I get from the benchmark. I wouldn't want to go over 85 degrees though on the stock card I have played Alan Wake and it went up to 92!!!! That was before my repaste, cooler and modified backplate. It will be interesting to see how far I can push the card and still be stable while staying at 85 and below. Take care, will post my results :)

OK, no prob, that sounds interesting given the modifications you've made and your previous high temperatures you were getting at stock previous to your mods. I'd be interested in hearing how you get on with the new VBIOS, temperatures & performance.

Hello SVL7, I have 6 posts now - and yet cannot download the 780m VBIOS yet as it says I still do not have permission. Do I need to hit the donation link to be able to download it to fix my 780m Black screen/screen noise issues? If that's the case just let me know and I will gladly chip in $10.00 for your time and efforts!

Kind Regards,

Koinonos

No, you just need to wait until the server changes your permissions after your fifth post got approved, which should have happened by now.

The card come with a newer bios incase you want to keep a copy.

Questions:

Do the vios control video fan? Because it go full speed which I never experience before, running +3xx/5xx and my temp is only 70C (15C ambient) running heaven bench.

What do priorize temperature do?

Nice, already got that version but thanks.

Fans are controlled by the EC firmware of your notebook. The temp setting allows you to adjust the temp throttle threshold up to a certain degree.

Hi svl7,

ich schreibe dir in deutsch, das ist einfacher für mich. Ich hoffe es ist ok. Kannst du mir bitte ein BIOS für meine 680m SLI von alienware mit eine r Taktrate von 850 MHz. Ich spiele oft mit vsnc und habe oft das Problem, das die erhöhte Taktraten nicht stabil bleiben. Schalte ich vsync aus habe ich keine Probleme. Ein BIOS mit 850 MHz wird mir sehr helfen. Vielen dank und gruss treffnix

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk 4

Hi guys. I'm using a 660m inside an M15x. I believe its a dell card. I used the Dell 660m VBIOS GHz Edition and everything was great for months. I recently had to reinstall windows. After the resintall my clocks are showing 1200 core instead of that 1000!! I also get a weird buzzing when playing a game when they go up that high. What steps should I take? Should I try to reflash the bios with the GHz Vbios?

Thanks in advance.

(HP) K3000m - 80.04.33.00.2E - 'OC edition''

This vBios's GPU Clock still +135..:concern:

Yes, that's possible, but that's not a problem of the mod itself. HP is a bit special when it comes to bios / vbios. Generally it won't use the vbios on the GPU but instead one that is stored in the bios. Especially if you're on a UEFI installation.

With a legacy installation it might use the vbios of the GPU.

Hey guys, just making sure I understand everything correctly, the MSI OC revised flash file without any volts on it, it uses the stock voltage of the card be lets you overclock more? and the 1v, 1025, 1,05 is the same with just the voltage increased? or is there other differences? Sorry for the newb like question :) since temps seem fine, to be safe is 1v good, or should I go for 1025, 105? thanks.

Hey svl7, could you take a look at this BIOS for me? It's from DELL 680m GTX, cause it won't flash the one with on the site, this one have a different ID. Could you let me know what's wrong or what I should do? Thanks!

Sure it will, flash with -6 and confirm.

Hey guys, just making sure I understand everything correctly, the MSI OC revised flash file without any volts on it, it uses the stock voltage of the card be lets you overclock more? and the 1v, 1025, 1,05 is the same with just the voltage increased? or is there other differences? Sorry for the newb like question :) since temps seem fine, to be safe is 1v good, or should I go for 1025, 105? thanks.

I've never flashed those files you describe, because I have a different card, but my understanding is that the only difference is that those VBIOS files change the voltage to either 1V/1.025V/1.05V that you mentioned on the P0 (gaming) clocks only (so voltages of lower idle power states are not affected). They also free up & remove the +135Mhz overclocking limit on the core. If you're concerned about which voltage to choose, why don't you start with the lowest one (1V), and then if you want more then try 1.025V, then 1.05V. That's the safest way to do it. Flashing a new VBIOS file took less than 5 mins altogether I think.

• Brian featured this topic