NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

Questions. I just got an Alienware 18 the other day. It has GTX 780 SLI and i7 4900MQ. I ran 3D Mark Vantage and got a score of 13896 GPU score 12342 CPU score 22333. I need help. I would like to try the vbios thing, but have never tried that. Does that go to the mobo bios or the card it self? How does one get this done. I have flashed moded bios on mobos in the past and some overclocking experience , mostly on desktops not on laptops. Help anyone. Thanks

The vBIOS is located on the GPU. Just read the 1st orginal post of this thread for instructions (that definitely works for Win7, not sure about Win8).

Question for svl7. I have the Alienware 18 with the 780 cards. Will your 780 vbios for dell work for this? I know it is a Dell but I don't want to assume a black screen, and toasted cards. Thanks.

---

Another question. When you flash the vbios it said to make a bootable USB . Does that= format the USB to FAT 32?

---

Never mind. That last question was a stupid one. I got it figured out. I still would like to know about which vbios to use on my Alienware 18 with GTX 780M cards. Thanks

Never mind. That last question was a stupid one. I got it figured out. I still would like to know about which vbios to use on my Alienware 18 with GTX 780M cards. Thanks

I think you can safely use the 780M VBIOS listed on here. Check back through this thread, I'm sure it's been asked before, and google it too for other users with Alienware 18.

• Thumbs Up 1

Question for svl7. I have the Alienware 18 with the 780 cards. Will your 780 vbios for dell work for this? I know it is a Dell but I don't want to assume a black screen, and toasted cards. Thanks.

I have an Alienware 18 with dual 780m, and I can assure you that slv7 VBIOS works wonder for our cards. If you follow the flash guide on page 1 step by step is a very safe procedure, and it's totally worth doing it. Don't forget to buy slv7 a beer when you have a chance. We can't thank him enough for what he's been doing for the community.

Hey guys, just got an M17x R4 with a 680M 80.04.5B.00.02

I want to flash it with an OV bios but there is not "OV" version of this one the 2nd post. Can I just flash with Dell 680m - 80.04.33.00.32__'OCedition'_revised_00 - OV 1000v for example ? Because I read somewhere only the bios 80.04.5B.00.02 supports Secure Boot / Fast Boot. Thanks.

Hey guys, just got an M17x R4 with a 680M 80.04.5B.00.02

I want to flash it with an OV bios but there is not "OV" version of this one the 2nd post. Can I just flash with Dell 680m - 80.04.33.00.32__'OCedition'_revised_00 - OV 1000v for example ? Because I read somewhere only the bios 80.04.5B.00.02 supports Secure Boot / Fast Boot. Thanks.

That will increase your voltage to 1.00V on your GPU for better overclocking, but higher temperatures. Don't know about secure boot.

Same board as this one: 80.04.67.00.07

In which system are you using it? Because in some Clevos the vbios stated above might not work properly.

Gonna be running in dell m6600, though turn out the qs is defective. Got a oem coming in instead.

Gonna be running in dell m6600, though turn out the qs is defective. Got a oem coming in instead.

so you will try it in m 6600?))

i have a post on nbr about not succesfull upgrade=/

njw i am waiting for my clevo 780m :59:

so you will try it in m 6600?))

i have a post on nbr about not succesfull upgrade=/

njw i am waiting for my clevo 780m :59:

It actually boot into windows, driver on and everything. then go poof in a day xD.

k5000m is just a 680m though, so 780m is kind of a different story.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Bios Modder
svl7... have you any bios for w230st a'la GTX765M? i dont know where is the problem? i have just 34xx score in 3dmark11 with i7-4800mq.

P34xx with +135 MHz on GPU?

• Bios Modder
I mean 3456 scores on 3dmark11. You understand now? ;) on the any tests, benchmarks this laptop have more than 4400 scores or more 5500 score (moded bios). I dont know where is the problem?

Wysyłane z mojego GT-I9505 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

P3456 scores on 3dmark11 you have with stock frequencies core and memory? Or you try to set more (+135MHz on core GPU) with program MSI Afterburner or Nvidia Inspector?

You understand now? :)

Looking forward to trying this... its a good Job there are devs out there doing what Dell should be... i hope Dell appreciate all your hardwork that you do to make their machines better or as they should be...

thanks alot

ian

Hey svl7

Got your 780m vbios installed and had the 680m ones as well, amazing work and kudos to you.

Just had one question about the 780m vbios... Have you ever encountered the core (memory clocks aside) on the 780m's to throttle back to its original state, but? (e.g. 850mhz for the modified one)

I've been troubleshooting like no tomorrow, and was wondering if you've ever witnessed or heard about such an issue existing.

I've used nvidiainspector and evga precision.

Any feedback would be great!

Hey svl7

Got your 780m vbios installed and had the 680m ones as well, amazing work and kudos to you.

Just had one question about the 780m vbios... Have you ever encountered the core (memory clocks aside) on the 780m's to throttle back to its original state, but? (e.g. 850mhz for the modified one)

I've been troubleshooting like no tomorrow, and was wondering if you've ever witnessed or heard about such an issue existing.

I've used nvidiainspector and evga precision.

Any feedback would be great!

Mine does something similar when it's not being 100% loaded in a game, then it won't run at full 'overclocked' 3D clocks, but will default to a lower 3D clock of 600Mhz for instance. That was the only thing that rang any bells when I read your post, but not sure if that's describing what you're seeing.

• Brian featured this topic