NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

and after i used the new vbios, i can overclock my gpu? is that right? if it is so, how can i overclock it?

Just the same as how you'd overclock any other GPU. Try NVInspector. I'm surprised you're considering flashing a new vBIOS when you haven't had any experience with overclocking before. I think you could benefit by googling around the subject to learn a bit more about it.

hi so i have a alienware m15x with a gtx 780m in it. The dell 4 gb version. It was running 326 beta drivers and when i tried to upgrade through device manager it updated and it wont recognize the card. I cant play any games cause without getting the direct 3d is not enabled message. I knew i had a problem when msi afterburner didn't give me temperatures. Ive tried installing drivers through invidia with no luck. Can someone please help me. cpu is a 920xm if that matters.

hi so i have a alienware m15x with a gtx 780m in it. The dell 4 gb version. It was running 326 beta drivers and when i tried to upgrade through device manager it updated and it wont recognize the card. I cant play any games cause without getting the direct 3d is not enabled message. I knew i had a problem when msi afterburner didn't give me temperatures. Ive tried installing drivers through invidia with no luck. Can someone please help me. cpu is a 920xm if that matters.

Am I right in thinking that it was working fine with the 326 beta drivers? I wouldn't upgrade drivers through device manager, I'd use the normal NVidia setup program along with a modified inf. Assuming that your card was working fine before, and you don't have hardware issues, then I'd recommend uninstalling all NVidia drivers, running CCleaner registry cleaner to remove any remaining entries, then installing the latest NVidia drivers using the normal method with modified inf (not device manager).

Los archivos del primer post flashean solo la gpu, o la bios del pc? Es que tengo actualizada la bios de mi m17xR4 a la versión A12 y no se si es 100% compatible. Saludos

The first post flashean files only gpu, or pc bios? Is that I have updated my bios to version A12 "m17xR4" and if not 100% compatible. Regards

Hi Svl7,

First of all thank you for your hard work on this vBios! I would like to ask if it's possible for you to make a GTX 680M vBios, with adjustable voltage like the vBios you made for 780M?

Thank you,

Best Regards to all

EDIT: Sorry, just saw that you have another thread for users requests :P Already posted there my request! Thank you.

i got it up and working again by using the Eurocom alienware m15x gtx7xx drivers 311.27 but i cant upgrade to a newer version. gives me the no compatable hardware message when i try.I heard i need to modify the .inf file or something. can anyone give me help with this ???

Hi all!

svl7: about a year ago maybe, you hooked me up with nvidia vbios update for my clevo 675mx 4gb card. still runs great, thanks again!!

update: just thought anyone using this particular card should have a heads up. today, nvidia released a new graphics driver for this card but for some reason after the install, msi afterburner wouldnt overclock my system anymore. Anyone else having this problem? i rolled the driver back to the last stable release and now overclocking is working fine again. did a clean/proper install of the newer drivers twice and still no go. if anyone has any ideas, id sure like to know xD

Hi all!

svl7: about a year ago maybe, you hooked me up with nvidia vbios update for my clevo 675mx 4gb card. still runs great, thanks again!!

update: just thought anyone using this particular card should have a heads up. today, nvidia released a new graphics driver for this card but for some reason after the install, msi afterburner wouldnt overclock my system anymore. Anyone else having this problem? i rolled the driver back to the last stable release and now overclocking is working fine again. did a clean/proper install of the newer drivers twice and still no go. if anyone has any ideas, id sure like to know xD

Install the latest beta of MSI Afterburner, I had the same issue today, the beta fixed it.

i got it up and working again by using the Eurocom alienware m15x gtx7xx drivers 311.27 but i cant upgrade to a newer version. gives me the no compatable hardware message when i try.I heard i need to modify the .inf file or something. can anyone give me help with this ???

Hi, look here at post #80 where I've explained this process:

http://forum.techinferno.com/alienware-m17x-aw-17/3702-m17x-r3-gpu-upgrade-gtx-780m-8.html#post57849

The modified inf that I attached to that post is an old one, so you might want to download a newer one from laptopvideo2go, like I explained in that post I linked above.

EDIT: for some reason the modified inf file at laptopvideo2go is unavailable right now, maybe temporarily. You can use the modified inf that I attached at that link, should work.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi all!

Mine's working fine with latest NVidia driver, and NVInspector.

hi svl7.. i flashed my gpu with the vbios of dell for my MSI gtx 680m 2GB as u said.. after i reboot my notebook, it says that there are no nvidia gpu anymore.

now there is Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

pls help

You need to reinstall drivers, open device manager>Display adapters>Details>Hardware Ids

Secure boot enabled ? if so disable it.

Disable driver signing.

1) Open command prompt (Admin).

2) Type "bcdedit /set {current} testsigning yes" (without quotes) enter>reboot.

3) Install>reboot

4) Exit test mode "bcdedit /set {current} testsigning no" reboot.

i disabled both.. secure boot and driver signing..

after that i wanted to install the driver.. and it says that there is no nvidia hardware there.. what now? cant install driver

- - - Updated - - -

i disabled both.. secure boot and driver signing..

after that i wanted to install the driver.. and it says that there is no nvidia hardware there.. what now? cant install driver

- - - Updated - - -

ok it worked... thank you =)

• Brian featured this topic