NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

I think svl7 has created that Tech Inferno splash screen so that the vBIOS cannot just be copied by anybody & masqueraded as someone elses work, I think it's just a stamp of authentication. (Apparently Chinese websites were copying his vBIOS files & masquerading them as their own).

It's normal for the actual Mhz to differ slightly from the set OC Mhz. This is because there are distinct 'steps' of Mhz that the GPU can operate at. Whenever you set you OC Mhz value to a value that is not one of these exact 'steps', then it will default to the next lowest 'step'.

Ok, thanks. Hmm, what happens if I set up a RAID and am in a situation where the Intel RST DOS program is needed?

Ok, thanks. Hmm, what happens if I set up a RAID and am in a situation where the Intel RST DOS program is needed?

My system is setup as RAID (even though I don't have the drives in a RAID configuation), and it's not an issue. I still get the splash screen for the OROM (think that's the term) for the RAID, the svl7 Tech Inferno splash screen is the first one, then the RAID splash screen, then BIOS post. Does that answer your question, not sure if that's what you were asking?

System? Clevo P370SM3 on Win8Pro, all standard/stock, all drivers/services freshly instealled, no tweak/optimizations done, drivers 320.41 standard.

I'm just using NVidiaInspector to OC: 146% power, and setting +N on core/memory/voltage.

My guess is that the voltage is the bottleneck here, I just tried +25mV.

Tonight I'll try some more pushing 50mv/100mv, and see what I can reach with that.

Do you think the bottleneck maybe elsewhere? Any suggestion on how to proceed?

Also, some n00b guide for fully overclock my 4930mx CPU?

Should I go with throttlestop6 and just force 43-45 multiplier, on play with XTU and the fancy ampere/TDP settings? I'm a total n00b here, last time I OC a CPU we just used FSB/multiplier, and there was no boost technology :D

Some small tutorial would be helpful.

Small update:

With +50mV I was able to go 1000/3000 fully stable (gamed for 3+ hours with no issues)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4930MX,Notebook P370SM3

Tonight if I have time I will also see with +100mV how far I can get.

My system is setup as RAID (even though I don't have the drives in a RAID configuation), and it's not an issue. I still get the splash screen for the OROM (think that's the term) for the RAID, the svl7 Tech Inferno splash screen is the first one, then the RAID splash screen, then BIOS post. Does that answer your question, not sure if that's what you were asking?

I'm not really sure of what I'm asking either. :)

I guess I just found bizarre that the OROM (thanks for the correct name) for Intel RST disappeared and got replaced by the TechInferno splash screen on my computer.

I'm not really sure of what I'm asking either. :)

I guess I just found bizarre that the OROM (thanks for the correct name) for Intel RST disappeared and got replaced by the TechInferno splash screen on my computer.

It shouldn't disappear, mine's still there. Maybe it goes too quickly for you to notice!

I have a question. Is there any difference between these two vbios versions:

Dell 680m - 80.04.33.00.32__'OCedition'_revised_00.zip

Dell 680m - 80.04.33.00.32__'OCedition'_revised_00 - OV 1000v.zip

The default voltage of the card is 1000v isn't it? Are there any other hidden differences?

XTU should be able to set it. You can play with BCLK a little to overclock memory and PCI-E as well as the CPU, but the big gains will come from raising the "turbo-ratio limits". You will need to raise the TDP to allow all cores to be overclocked at once. You should not need to adjust current limit settings. Your cooling will not be able to handle "additional turbo voltage" for more overclocking unless you have extensively modified it.

Care to elaborate a bit here?

It's not totally clear to me how I should proceed.

Should I use XTU, should I use Throttlestop, should I use both?

I didn't understand yet the minimum amount of changes I need to do run for example even an easy locked 4.3x on 4-cores.

Should I use XTU undervolt to save heat and avoid throttling, should I use XTU/TS to increase TDP and/or current limit, should I just use TS to force the multiplier, etc...?

I know for sure that in P370SM chassis, compared to AW which instead have better cooling, I will surely be limited by heat/throttling, so would be better maybe to start with an undervolt and see what's the minimum that I can hold 4.3 on 4-cores, but I don't what the best way to proceed here.

Someone can help a total n00b like me on this, with a very easy guide to follow to test it out?

I'm still stuck on 8k physics score on 3dMark11, and it's pretty sad for a 4930mx :P

Thank you.

@svl7

Hey there smile.png.pagespeed.ce.HpCntQets-.png i have this issue that when i start up my windows 8, my GPU is always on p-state 0 and max clocks.

however after i run some light 3d application or anything that uses nvidia GPU, it switches to p-state 8 and lowers clocks.

this is crazy because my battery life gets half when i am running nothing, so i always have to keep something on like nvidiainspector or google chrome or something that uses gpu.

this happened after i flashed vbios to unlock my 680m, vBios versions were exactly same

any suggestions on how to solve this from root? instead of forcing pstates

update: basically its running at 771 (default) core clock @ p0 when nothing is running, if i start chrome it goes to p8 etc.

in games it goes to p0 but at overclocked core clock of 850 mhz..

my issue is why does it run on 771 mhz when there is zero applications running? :) Thanks for any help @svl7

how could someone go to such core. mine is 850. the temp hike like hell to 92c ..aaaaa.

Your temperatues are going to be based on a number of factors:

1) What model of laptop do you have? Different cooling systems have different efficiencies.

2) Have you blown the dust out of the heat sink using a can of compressed air?

3) Was the thermal paste applied properly to the GPU core? Is it the heatsink padded up correctly & installed correctly?

4) What is the ambient temperature in your room? Hotter = hotter GPU.

5) Are you using a notebook cooler? Can drop temperatures by 5degC or so.

6) Are you using the laptop on a flat surface, so that the fan inlets & outlets aren't obstructed.

Those are all the factors that will effect your GPU temperature that I can think of.

Hi. Answer, please, what the trouble? I have MSI GT70 with gtx680m (4Gb). when I try to verify or compair mod vBios with NVFlash (from dos), it gives out a mistake "mismatch at offset 0x00000208". Version of vBios is 80.04.33.00.24. I want to flash my card with a mod vBios (because it have a problem with trottling, the temperature in norm), but I doubt with this trouble.

/sorry for my english/

i managed to flash my msi 675mx 2gb successfully, thx sooo much svl7. at stock voltage i managed to get 901/2030. question is, why cant i adjust the voltage? im using nvidia inspector.

UPDATE: now i realised, optimus is not working anymore..how do i fix this?

Your temperatues are going to be based on a number of factors:

1) What model of laptop do you have? Different cooling systems have different efficiencies.

2) Have you blown the dust out of the heat sink using a can of compressed air?

3) Was the thermal paste applied properly to the GPU core? Is it the heatsink padded up correctly & installed correctly?

4) What is the ambient temperature in your room? Hotter = hotter GPU.

5) Are you using a notebook cooler? Can drop temperatures by 5degC or so.

6) Are you using the laptop on a flat surface, so that the fan inlets & outlets aren't obstructed.

Those are all the factors that will effect your GPU temperature that I can think of.

To Alexkompot.

Добрый. Мне кажется, здесь лучше на английском писАть ) . Да и к тому же, Вы мало данных предоставляете. Какой ноутбук, какая видеокарта (субвендор, объем памяти). На этом сайте в коллекции видеобиосов нашёл 3 вбиоса для GTX670M с такой же как у Вас версией вбиоса (для Avell GTX 670M 1,5Gb, Clevo GTX 670M 1,5Gb и Dell GTX 670M 1,5Gb)...

• Founder
Добрый день, помогите пожалуйста найди модифицированный VBIOS для GTX670m. Сейчас установлен Версия VBIOS 70.24.44.00.07 (P1314-0006).
To Alexkompot.

Добрый. Мне кажется, здесь лучше на английском писАть ) . Да и к тому же, Вы мало данных предоставляете. Какой ноутбук, какая видеокарта (субвендор, объем памяти). На этом сайте в коллекции видеобиосов нашёл 3 вбиоса для GTX670M с такой же как у Вас версией вбиоса (для Avell GTX 670M 1,5Gb, Clevo GTX 670M 1,5Gb и Dell GTX 670M 1,5Gb)...

Ребята, давайте по английски пожалуйста. Хоть я и говорю по русски, форум весь на английском.

As to the translation : @Alexkompot is asking for a GTX670m modded vbios, but he failed to specify which subvendor and how much mem does the card have so hopefully he will and we'll be able to sort him out. @Okstis - thanks for the guiding him.

Cheers.

Must have missed this. Why was the GTX 780m vbios revised? Just curious.
Lackluster performance, essentially the same as using stock 580M, 680M and Titan vBIOS. GPU boost being disabled and other tweaks breathes new life into the GPU and unlocks features.

Sure, it's possible that a factory can do a bad paste job. If you're getting higher temperatures than everyone else with the same model, and you've ruled out all the other options I've talked about (notebook cooler not relevant for this point), then you've probably got a bad paste job & could benefit by either redoing it yourself or getting Dell to do it.

owh. should call Dell for that. im not good in pasting. got bad experience with my ps3.haha

owh. should call Dell for that. im not good in pasting. got bad experience with my ps3.haha

Yep, that sounds like a good idea. They may well just replace the entire heat sink rather than just do a re-paste, but not sure about that. If you call them up and explain to them the problems you're having, then they should be able to sort it out for you.

• Brian featured this topic