NVIDIA Kepler VBIOS mods - Overclocking Editions, modified clocks, voltage tweaks

Full speed on battery is not a great idea btw.

Yep, the usable life of the battery will decrease, possibly by a huge amount; for example, the battery might be unusable after a few months perhaps.

@ svl7

good news :)

I downloaded the MSI Afterburner and the Kombustor.

I've used the Kombustor to stress the gpu. Now everthing works fine.

post-15179-14494995964182_thumb.jpg

Now I have the prob only with OC the Intel 2920XM (ES). Prema's BIOS mod doesnt work. :(

ThX for you help. ;)

@svl7

Hey there :) i have this issue that when i start up my windows 8, my GPU is always on p-state 0 and max clocks.

however after i run some light 3d application or anything that uses nvidia GPU, it switches to p-state 8 and lowers clocks.

this is crazy because my battery life gets half when i am running nothing, so i always have to keep something on like nvidiainspector or google chrome or something that uses gpu.

this happened after i flashed vbios to unlock my 680m, vBios versions were exactly same

any suggestions on how to solve this from root? instead of forcing pstates

@svl7

thank you for your job,could you give me a hand to modify this vbios

Have you tried using nvidia inspector instead of afterburner?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Installed vBIOS on both 780M, and it's far far better than stock.

Wonderful job guys!!!!

Previously they were running @771 mhz, and one of the GPUs was even throttling to 600-something for power reasons (reaching 100% TDP).

Now with modded vBIOS, they stay rock-solid @849, and forcing 146% power they don't throttle anymore.

OC is rock-solid at 950/2800, but doesn't go higher for the core, not even 975/2500, not even @1.025mv.

Seems my limit for the 780M SLI is around that, with no/little OV.

13k PScore / 16k Graphics, so can't really complain ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

Added detail:

Temperatures even with this OC are quite good, when gaming they stabilize around 75c for one GPU, 70c for the other, with fans in full-blast (FN+1). Furmark destroys the machine, with main GPU going as high as 92/93C, the other in the low 80s. I will try to repaste and see if things improve.

System? Clevo P370SM3 on Win8Pro, all standard/stock, all drivers/services freshly instealled, no tweak/optimizations done, drivers 320.41 standard.

I'm just using NVidiaInspector to OC: 146% power, and setting +N on core/memory/voltage.

My guess is that the voltage is the bottleneck here, I just tried +25mV.

Tonight I'll try some more pushing 50mv/100mv, and see what I can reach with that.

Do you think the bottleneck maybe elsewhere? Any suggestion on how to proceed?

Also, some n00b guide for fully overclock my 4930mx CPU?

Should I go with throttlestop6 and just force 43-45 multiplier, on play with XTU and the fancy ampere/TDP settings? I'm a total n00b here, last time I OC a CPU we just used FSB/multiplier, and there was no boost technology :D

Some small tutorial would be helpful.

XTU should be able to set it. You can play with BCLK a little to overclock memory and PCI-E as well as the CPU, but the big gains will come from raising the "turbo-ratio limits". You will need to raise the TDP to allow all cores to be overclocked at once. You should not need to adjust current limit settings. Your cooling will not be able to handle "additional turbo voltage" for more overclocking unless you have extensively modified it.

1) After flashing to the 780M OC Edition rev 2 vbios, instead of the Intel RST splash screen that normally appears before POST, I get a new splash screen indicating I flashed the vbios using Tech Inferno software. I'm assuming this is normal, but how can I get the Intel RST splash screen again or the default one.

2) A 50 MHz on my 780M gave me 38 Mhz OC instead, a 90 MHz OC via Nvidia Inspector gives me a 78 MHz OC instead when running Unigine Heaven. What's the reason of the offset? GPU-Z also reports that the GPU didn't throttle. Why?

Thanks.

1) After flashing to the 780M OC Edition rev 2 vbios, instead of the Intel RST splash screen that normally appears before POST, I get a new splash screen indicating I flashed the vbios using Tech Inferno software. I'm assuming this is normal, but how can I get the Intel RST splash screen again or the default one.

2) A 50 MHz on my 780M gave me 38 Mhz OC instead, a 90 MHz OC via Nvidia Inspector gives me a 78 MHz OC instead when running Unigine Heaven. What's the reason of the offset? GPU-Z also reports that the GPU didn't throttle. Why?

Thanks.

That's the best splash screen there is ;)

Thanks.

I think svl7 has created that Tech Inferno splash screen so that the vBIOS cannot just be copied by anybody & masqueraded as someone elses work, I think it's just a stamp of authentication. (Apparently Chinese websites were copying his vBIOS files & masquerading them as their own).

It's normal for the actual Mhz to differ slightly from the set OC Mhz. This is because there are distinct 'steps' of Mhz that the GPU can operate at. Whenever you set you OC Mhz value to a value that is not one of these exact 'steps', then it will default to the next lowest 'step'.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Brian featured this topic